Submitting Final Work To Essential Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xAnnaBannAx

Reaction score
Can anybody who has done the essential nails course tell me if when they sent in their final assessment nails...did they use different products to what was provided with the course?

Im just wondering because I absolutely hate their L & P and tips..after months and months of trying i just cannot get on with them..im not wishing to look like im being a bad workman blaming my tools...I have tried other products and tips and had much better results and found them so much easier and nicer to use...so I need to find out if anyone knows if my work would have marks deducted or if ot would even get marked at all if i have used other products....

I have asked essential nails but they dont seem to want to give me a straight answer...they just say..' we recommend you use the products provided with the course!' :irked:

On the nails that come with the Nail Trainer I'm not sure they could tell the difference....... The nail beds are so pink that any colour difference wouldn't be obvious IMO. That's probably why you can't get a straight answer!

I haven't done EN though so can't offer you any personal experience :!:

JMHO!

I have just finished the Gel course and tobe honest the only thing they were really fussy about was the nail polish, I did use there gel, but I used different glue and tips, so I know that that doesnt matter, and I think someone shell28 is using a different gel, pm her to be sure but I should imagine it would be same for l&p as for gel
HTH xx

On the nails that come with the Nail Trainer I'm not sure they could tell the difference....... The nail beds are so pink that any colour difference wouldn't be obvious IMO. That's probably why you can't get a straight answer!

I haven't done EN though so can't offer you any personal experience :!:

JMHO!

You can tell the difference tho...cos the products are so (JIMO :lol:) rubbish! When you use another product they look so much nicer..I can defo tell diffrence, thanx anyway x

I have just finished the Gel course and tobe honest the only thing they were really fussy about was the nail polish, I did use there gel, but I used different glue and tips, so I know that that doesnt matter, and I think someone shell28 is using a different gel, pm her to be sure but I should imagine it would be same for l&p as for gel
HTH xx

Thanx for sharing...I take it you used a different polish then...did they actually deduct points from you?

No I didnt use a different polish lol...tho I wished I could do, it was the worst stuff ever ..but I battled thru with it , I ot my card back today I passed with a credit, so worth persevering, good luck with it, if you get really stuck have a work with Silverspring she has done that course I think . xxx

No I didnt use a different polish lol...tho I wished I could do, it was the worst stuff ever ..but I battled thru with it , I ot my card back today I passed with a credit, so worth persevering, good luck with it, if you get really stuck have a work with Silverspring she has done that course I think . xxx

oh sorry i misunderstood what you said lol well done for passing! :green:

I switched everything except the l&p, primer, enamel and the little bottle of sanitiser they give you.

Creative's Pink Gel Bond sorted out any tipping issues I had (I adore this product) and different tips and different buffers made the blending process half the work. I didn't have issues with their tips, they were just time consuming to use so I switched.

I think, like a lot of colleges, EN do like to keep the cost of the product down so they tend to give you a cheaper variation of things.

As far as the l&p goes, I do think that you should just stick with and i'm not sure where, without being qualified yet you would be able to buy a better quality product than you're provided with. If you can get to grips the ratio of the product just for the training, you can always switch brands afterwards.

i did this course, and i used all the products in the course, polishes , adhesives, tips etc
i passed with a distinction( lol)

i didnt even know about other available products , nor did i know about the nail geek site either,!!!!!!!!!

i would suggest you try to use the products in the course,
its up to you what you use afterwards isnt it?
good luck

Yeah I know I can use other products afterwards but thats not the issue...I just dont feel happy submitting work when I know I can achieve better results with bettr quality products iykwim I want to submit my best work and I know im not gonna get 'my best' from these products, well done lotus for getting a distinction thats great, I know that some people really like the dream products and have no problems with them but it's just not for me, Im going to Leeds at the end of July to train with cnd...and I can't wait!

i did this course, and i used all the products in the course, polishes , adhesives, tips etc
i passed with a distinction( lol)

i didnt even know about other available products , nor did i know about the nail geek site either,!!!!!!!!!

i would suggest you try to use the products in the course,
its up to you what you use afterwards isnt it?
good luck

same for me too nik, like you i had never heard of this site then, nor did i know about any other products, companies reputations etc ...so used what i was supplied with and got a credit. it was pinnacle products at the time

I done the fibreglass course with essential nails and i didnt use all the products they supplied. Instead of the full well tips i used the speedy tips, because i couldnt seem to blend them properly on the nail trainer nails, and i also used brush on resin and spray activator, because it gave them a nicer finish. I got a credit for my work, but i had to use the red nail polish that they supplied otherwise i would have had points deducted. As long as its not really different looking i dont think they could tell.im not sure they could prove that you havent used their products.

ok thanks for your advice..I just wish they'd tell me straight a yes or no..as If I use different stuff without them knowing I kinda feel like I'm being dishonest or cheating in someway lol and don't wanna send stuff off and get points deducted unnecessarily! I will send in my first lot and see what happens before sending in my final stuff.

yes it was pinnacle jo!! lol
ehh the good old days eh???

ohh only a credit jo???

lmao
sorry but it makes me laugh soo much that i got a distinction in nails, when i could hardly pass my o levels lol, i was on cloud nine the day i got that phonecall lol

Hi there right sarah told me you can use any tips as long as they are natural and have a well as she needs to see your blending as for the glue i used gel bond which was fab and i had so much trouble with the gel i changed that too. I sent my first card in for assesment and sarah made no coments about the gel or anything so i would just say change your products it shouldnt be a problem at the end of the day as long as you can produce good sets of nails what diference does it make if you use dream products or not:)

i used a completly different tip on the number 13 ( it was well less) and a different glue- everything else was the same. I passed with distinction- dont think they can tell that much tbh.

Hi there right sarah told me you can use any tips as long as they are natural and have a well as she needs to see your blending as for the glue i used gel bond which was fab and i had so much trouble with the gel i changed that too. I sent my first card in for assesment and sarah made no coments about the gel or anything so i would just say change your products it shouldnt be a problem at the end of the day as long as you can produce good sets of nails what diference does it make if you use dream products or not:)

ok thanx...its good to know what others have done :Grope:

I think they would have a hard time telling even if they look that closely.

HOWEVER ... I can't see why you can't use the products supplied ... seemingly plenty of others have and done well. I

'm sure I could use any product out there and make it LOOK good .... for a time anyway. It's not like it has to last is it?

I used all their products and passed but I have to agree that the L&P really isn't very nice to use compared to others ive tried but I just thought "do the best job possible with it and I will send my best work in" and I ended up winning the comp for best nails of the month which was a nice surprise. I did like their red polish though, i used it on my mum and it went on really evenly and lasted weeks before it needed reapplying. If you can produce a better result with another brand then i say "go for it" just make sure you use their polish though just incase they notice. You have your CND course to look forward to. I am so jealous of you babes!!

I think they would have a hard time telling even if they look that closely.

HOWEVER ... I can't see why you can't use the products supplied ... seemingly plenty of others have and done well. I

'm sure I could use any product out there and make it LOOK good .... for a time anyway. It's not like it has to last is it?

As I have already stated..I have tried for many months with this product and I just cannot get on with it...I do not think it's nice to work with and the end result IMO doesn't looks nice...I don't like it...simple...I didn't realise how much I didn't like it until I tried other brands...and I was amazed at the difference.
I'm aware that many people have successfully completed their course using the products provided and have no problems with it..but we are all different and I feel very unhappy about submitting work to be assessed using products that I consider...'naff!' to be honest. I want to submit my best work possible not just something that is 'good enough'

Latest posts

Back