Sugaring or waxing? Advice for mobile therapist

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunshineinme

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am thinking about doing another course- hair removal. But I really can't decide

Oh dear! I pressed the wrong button! Anyway... I really can't decide. I've heard that sugaring is more gentle for the skin which sounds very convincing...

But I am not sure how popular it is!

And what would be best for mobile therapist?

Thank you all for reading this post! :)

Anyone out there? :)

Hi

Im mobile and waxing is popular, good treatment to get regular clients. Dont know about sugaring and have never been asked about it in 18 months of business.

Annie xx

Thanks Annie for your reply!

I thought it may nit be that popular.

Do you find it very messy? How do you cope with wax pot etc?

Anyone else fancy sharing their opinions?

Hi, i've never tried sugaring but saw it at the beauty expo and it looked very interesting indeed. Doing waxing mobile you will have the issue of trying not to spill the wax and obviously it is well known.
Sugaring, whilst less known, I guess it depends on how you sell it to your clients. It is meant to be less painful and better at giving long term hairloss as it is pulling the hair out with the hair growth which makes much more sense. Also as the temperature of the wax is room temp (or there abouts) there would be less spillage. Also it would be more cost effective as the same ball of wax can be used to do just about the whole body.
I'm in Australia and it's not very well known here at all but i'm definitely looking into this closely as I really like the idea of it and it's a point of difference and cost effective!!!
:D

Hi, I keep my wax pot in a metal basket (I think I got it out of Asda for the house and the pot fits perfectly) I heat the wax up before I go to the appointment so by the time I set up its back to the correct temp. I dont find it too messy, I have a plastic sheet that fits over the couch which ensures if there are any drips I can clean them off. I also make sure that when I put the wax in the car its jammed between a box and the side of the car so it doesnt fall over.

Annie xx

I have just changed to sugaring and i love it! it's easy to use, gentler, smells nice and its water soluble so if you spill or drip it will wash off! i use a spatular or roller with the strips and you can wash & sterilise the roller heads then re use so it is really good for the enviroment! hth

Oh dear! <scratching head>

Sugaring is becoming more and more tempting.....

Serendipiity- What brand are you using ? And comparing to waxing are the products more expensive or similar price?

I personally hate waxing and invested in IPL. But the painless (almost) idea of sugaring really appeals to me.

Hi

I'm a make-up artist doing mainly bridal hair and make-up at the moment, but one day a week I'm doing threading in a local salon so I can try to build up some regular clients which will hopefully keep me afloat in the winter months when the weddings dry up.

I've been considering doing another type of hair removal treatments as many of my clients ask about legs and bikini lines, so I too have been trying to decide between waxing and sugaring, I think though I've pretty much decided to do the sugaring, I like the idea that its water soluble, kinder to skin, less risk of burning, and I believe less overheads, I haven't had it done on myself yet so as long as the actual hair removal is just as effective then I think its a winner

Thank you littlebee for sharing your thoughts. I am of the same view- gentle for the skin, easy to apply and remove and possibly even more effective than waxing.

This post has come at just the right time :biggrin:

I hadn't even thought of sugaring but was very close to booking a waxing course - now I don't know!

Does anyone know any good sugaring trainers?

Sx

Hi, I am fairly new to this site and am a Sugaring Practitioner. Qualified 5 years ago now and have been sugared for years before this. I would NEVER go back to waxing. Sugaring is more gentle, more effective and can be used on people that have eczema and Psoriasis. My website should provide you with further information. Best of luck with it and if I can help in anyway, just shout!

I trained with Zahra in Northampton. You should be able to locate them on a google search. x

SugaredSmooth- thank you for your advice! I shall research Zahara :) I think it's good to train with someone who actually later can provide us with the product to do the treatment. Can you please give us a link to your website.

I would love to train in sugaring, but have no prior waxing experience, do you know if the is a course for beginners and roughly how much it would cost? I could only see SOS but the price isn't advertised on their site.

I am not sure but I know that Carlton Institute does the courses. Maybe you could speak to them as well as girls over here.

I just spent fortune on spray tanning so my sugaring been put on the back burner :(

Hi all,

Well today I completed my sugaring course and I loved it. I had the trainer come to my salon , she was from Home - WLSST Training and I would highly recommend them. The course itself was only £150 and then a travel charge as she came to me. When you compare this price to the £600 to £800 I was quoted for some companies. I think Carlton do it for £95 plus vat.

Anyway she was there for about 3 hours, ran through all the techniques and theory and it was great I can't wait to start doing treatments on clients. My husband was one of my models who suffers with a hairy back which I usually wax and he said as a client he would prefer the sugaring as it was less painful and easier to clean.

All in all it was a success, I am not addicted to sugar in more ways than one

Hi all,

Well today I completed my sugaring course and I loved it. I had the trainer come to my salon , she was from Home - WLSST Training and I would highly recommend them. The course itself was only £150 and then a travel charge as she came to me. When you compare this price to the £600 to £800 I was quoted for some companies. I think Carlton do it for £95 plus vat.

Anyway she was there for about 3 hours, ran through all the techniques and theory and it was great I can't wait to start doing treatments on clients. My husband was one of my models who suffers with a hairy back which I usually wax and he said as a client he would prefer the sugaring as it was less painful and easier to clean.

All in all it was a success, I am not addicted to sugar in more ways than one

Thanks for sharing LittleBee!

As soon as my customers base gets bigger I will defo do it! Now with a very little income and a handful of customers I am putting it on hold xxxx

I think £150 for 3 HOURS is a lot of money. My charge for a whole day is £175 and I mean 9.00am until 5.00pm.

I started out as a sugaring practitioner and there is absolutely no difference in results (if you are good at what you do), all this business about it being gentler and kinder on the skin is misleading, if you aren't good at what you do then it doesn't matter what you use .

I do still do some hand paste sugaring but the majority of my clients have witched to waxing.

Latest posts

Back