Sun Spray tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalez69

Reaction score
hi i have recently been trained in my work to do this and find it really runny when spraying my clients and end up refiling my spray 2-3times per one. I am looking for some help?

One client last week had the tan sticking to her drier areas is this normal

hi i have recently been trained in my work to do this and find it really runny when spraying my clients and end up refiling my spray 2-3times per one. I am looking for some help?

Hi Kalez.....
So are you saying that you are using around 750ml per spray...my god how big are your customers ???

I definatley think this is a case of to much liquid being applied...you really only need to be using about 30/40ml per spraytan.

Turn your gun down..go back to basics and try on freinds with just using say 50ml...you can then start to rduce the amount.

By the way has your salon owner put you through a proper course and certification (for insurance purposes)or has she just shown you how to do it and told you to get on with it.

You really shouldn't be let loose on the general public without proper training.

hi

yeh just in house training i have had. im not sure how much the gun holds i wud say its the size of a small tea cup which wouldnt be 500ml. thanks

but it would be if you are filling it up 2- 3 times wouldnt it? :eek:

sorry i havent made myself clear when i started off i was filling up twice probs about one and a half really and last week when i was doing them they were two larger ladies and i used just one but it still looked runny

if they are runny then it sounds like you have the spray turned up too high, practise spraying onto a piece of couch roll and you should be able to see the colour come out but it shouldnt be enough to soak through the tissue, just enough to colour it.. also you may be spraying a bit too close and that could be making it runny, I spray from approx 6 inches? (not faces though) and I dont get any runs.

Is it actually running down them?

thanks for all your help it was just one drip on the leg on one client and the next one i done it was fine so i think i was standing too close! its as they always say practise makes perfect lol! just when it comes to tanning i dont like making mistakes lol

I agree :green:

wont the salon owner send you on a tanning course? they aren't that expensive...around £75? probably worth their while because it will end up costing them that in solution anyway and i'm sure they are in it for the profit. Also like collin said, their insurance wont cover them if they are letting staff that havent had any proffesional training do the treatments... I'm suprised they are taking the risk!

I think you and the salon needs some proper training!!

There is a lot of bad habits passed when 'in house' training is done, as most the time the person training, has only been shown 'in house' as well.

You should be only just over half filling your cup and only using a fraction of the solution you are using, you should be poring most of the half filled cup back in the bottle.

HTH

thanks ive decided that if she wont pay for me to do the training i can get trained for £20 in it near me so i will happily pay it for myself as i want my own salon so having the training will be vauable! thanks for your help

Latest posts

Back