Suntana MaximistPlus off ebay :( help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KellyMills

Reaction score
Hello Skin Geeks

Ive just purchased a Suntana Maximist Plus off a lady on ebay - apparently only used a few times. Ive just set it up and got my friend semi naked in the hall way..switched it on to start spraying and no solution has come out.

Ive swizzled the gun setting so its on its highest incase it was blocked or something and still no solution. When i went to turn the machine off the gun squirted out so much solution...all over my walls, all over my carpets, literally everywhere! Weve just spent 15 minutes and half a kitchen roll trying to sort it out!

Has anyone else had a problem like this and fixed it? Im going to raise a complaint and try and get a refund from her and hopefully she will.

Never going to buy something like this off ebay again...! Def going to go direct.

Nightmare!

x:cry:

I have the maxi mist and use it with the suntana and i find that i only have to have the screw turned very slightly or i get an over spray on it. Troy it on couch roll and keep adjusting your setting and see how you go

Before you go off raising complaints and asking for refunds you should check if the gun and machine is set up correctly.

You should ALWAYS check you gun on couch roll before tanning anyone.

It is not advisable to buy this kind of professional equipment from ebay - no matter how much of a bargain it looks like as you have no backup or support when something like this happens. If you had bought from a reputable seller they would be giving you advice on how to set your gun and would be there to help with any other problems too.

Anyway it sounds to me like the pick up tube inside the gun (the rubber tube hanging down to pick up solution from cup) might be on the wrong hole. It should be attached to the hole closest to the handle.

When people have mistakenly put it on the wrong hole similar insidents to those you describe have happenened.

Hope that helps.

Edited :I also now see that you've either not filled out your profile or your not a tanning geek. You should be trained to use this equipment correctly.

I have the maxi mist and use it with the suntana and i find that i only have to have the screw turned very slightly or i get an over spray on it. Troy it on couch roll and keep adjusting your setting and see how you go

Its literally not spraying out anything when i pull the gun. No matter what setting. Its only when i switch the machine off it expodes :( ...?

Before you go off raising complaints and asking for refunds you should check if the gun and machine is set up correctly.

You should ALWAYS check you gun on couch roll before tanning anyone.

It is not advisable to buy this kind of professional equipment from ebay - no matter how much of a bargain it looks like as you have no backup or support when something like this happens. If you had bought from a reputable seller they would be giving you advice on how to set your gun and would be there to help with any other problems too.

Anyway it sounds to me like the pick up tube inside the gun (the rubber tube hanging down to pick up solution from cup) might be on the wrong hole. It should be attached to the hole closest to the handle.

When people have mistakenly put it on the wrong hole similar insidents to those you describe have happenened.

Hope that helps.

Hi Baggybear,

I purchased one before but sold it on. Then regretted it ever since! Hence why re purchasing. I will def never buy something like this from ebay again.

Thanks for the tip x

ps i DO always test on a couch roll...!

pps i purchased this machine for personal use as ive just had a baby and intend on doing a course once i decide to take things further and do it professionally. All i was asking for was advice! :(

Hi Baggybear,

I purchased one before but sold it on. Then regretted it ever since! Hence why re purchasing. I will def never buy something like this from ebay again.

Thanks for the tip x

ps i DO always test on a couch roll...!

If you were testing on couch roll then it should have exploded in the tent - thats why I said to always test on couch roll and it wont explode all over the client then either.

Can you fill out your profile please as this helps us Geeks to know more about what your qualified in, so we know how simple or complex an answer to give and it helps us to understand if you new to the area you asking about or a seasoned therapist etc....

I wouldnt necessarily say NEVER buy anything of ebay. Yes its not the best idea to purchase professional mechanical equipment, but just because you have purchased from ebay doesnt mean its faulty.
I agree to check if the rubber pick up tube is connected to the right hole, as I have accidentally fixed to the wrong hole before and solution just pours out of the gun.
I would also just fill your cup with water and play around until it works, that way if it does explode again you wont ruin anything. Take it all apart and give it a good clean through, then do the couch roll test before spraying your model /s.
Good luck hunny
x

Hun if you tested on couch roll you would have known before you tried to spray your friend it wasnt working if your unsure of what the test is search couch roll test and alot of info will come up :)

I know you say you have purchased for personal use and you plan on doing training which is fab but it really is best to be trained first before you start playing about with professioanl equipment.

Baggbear gave some good advice about the tube being on the wrong hole have you looked at this any joy?

If its still not working I would perhaps see if there are any spray tanning therapists in your area that you could ask to pop over and have a look at the machine for you to ensure it is set up correctly before you say to the person you bought it from on ebay that the machine is faulty x

Hun if you tested on couch roll you would have known before you tried to spray your friend it wasnt working if your unsure of what the test is search couch roll test and alot of info will come up :)

I know you say you have purchased for personal use and you plan on doing training which is fab but it really is best to be trained first before you start playing about with professioanl equipment.

Baggbear gave some good advice about the tube being on the wrong hole have you looked at this any joy?

If its still not working I would perhaps see if there are any spray tanning therapists in your area that you could ask to pop over and have a look at the machine for you to ensure it is set up correctly before you say to the person you bought it from on ebay that the machine is faulty x

Hey girls,

I did test on the couch roll as i was pressing on the spray gun, but as i turned the machine off thats when it exploded. I wasnt pressing on the gun. All i did was press the off switch on the base of the maximist. Surely when youve finished spray tanning and turn the machine off you dont hold the gun to the couch roll? lol

Thanks for all your advice.

I will fill out my profile now x

No if its going after its turned off it faulty. Give it a good clean through with water and chech the black filter but i think you mat have a fauly machine.

No if its going after its turned off it faulty. Give it a good clean through with water and chech the black filter but i think you mat have a fauly machine.
Sorry laptop keys are playing up lol

Kelly check that the rubber pick up tube on your gun is on the one closest to the trigger i suspect it is not
....lots of the machines on ebay are very very old early manufactured stock. they come with no instructions or spares
we calibrate the machines we send out our selves so that our customers just " pay and its ready to spray" I personal check them for this type of build defects. hence we give double the manufacturers warranty for free:lol:
Ebay sellers dont do this you may save about £20-£30 on your purchase but if you have to let down a customer and her future business what is that worth to your reputation :cry:
old saying .... You Pay peanuts! you get Monkeys
but if your stuck give me a call i will Talk you through it, No charge or obligation as were always happy to help a fellow geek x

Kelly check that the rubber pick up tube on your gun is on the one closest to the trigger i suspect it is not
....lots of the machines on ebay are very very old early manufactured stock. they come with no instructions or spares
we calibrate the machines we send out our selves so that our customers just " pay and its ready to spray" I personal check them for this type of build defects. hence we give double the manufacturers warranty for free:lol:
Ebay sellers dont do this you may save about £20-£30 on your purchase but if you have to let down a customer and her future business what is that worth to your reputation :cry:
old saying .... You Pay peanuts! you get Monkeys
but if your stuck give me a call i will Talk you through it, No charge or obligation as were always happy to help a fellow geek x

Yeh that rubber hose lol i remember when i 1st started up i put the hose on wrong bit by mistake nowt came out so switched it off then on still nothing??then tan spurted out everywhere i cld have curled into a ball lol,was my 1st mobile client luckily she was very understanding eek! lol so check the hose lol x

Agree with what everyone else has said about the pipe being on the wrong bit.. The exact same thing happened to me - pulled the trigger - nothing happened, soon as turned off the machine it just all came out at once and went everywhere!! But luckily I was testing on couch roll first inside the tent so the tan was kept inside the tent on not on walls, floors etc.

Before you start complaining to the girl you got the gun from just check the pipe is on the hole nearest the handle (the one near the centre) and not the other one - to double check its working put water into the cup and test spray with that - water will be easier to clean up than tan!

Latest posts

Back