suppliers etc

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kellyhacker

Reaction score
hi there girls and guys?! i am Kelly
im a complete virgin at this geeking thingy but im sure you will hear more from me at some point!
i trained with NSI in acrylics and mani/pedi back in april and literally havent really done alot since i do the odd few but have another job in a shop and a five year old so find it hard to fit it all in
i buy the odd bits and pieces from nsi website but other than that i have no idea where the best places to buy from are so if some peeps could hook me up with a few good sites or places i can get catalouges from i would be most grateful
also is there a rule that you have to be creative trained to buy from creative as i know that their products are fab and would like to maybe experiment with a few
bye for now as i have alot of info to sift through on this fab looking site and hope to hear back from some of you soon!!!
oh and hello maggie if you see this (i trained along side maggie i notice she is on here somewhere!)

Hi Kelly,

There is a list of suppliers to the industry on the Beautyguild Expo. Many of these have pdf brochures that you can download. Click here to take a look.

What types of products are you looking for?

You can have a secondary account with Sweet Squared to buy some Creative products, but you wont be able to buy their L&P or Gel unless you are trained in their products.

any thing really as iv not done a great deal im open to trying different products/companies to see if there are any out there that suit my style better from tips to files to polishes as i dont know anything other than NSI stuff it would be great to try other recommended products

thanks for the site link looks great will have a flick through!!

:)Hi
Ebay is fantastic for buying creative nails stuff and quite good prices to I am not creative trained and love their products.
Its always great to try something new as there are so many other products out there.:lol:

Ebay is fantastic for buying creative nails stuff and quite good prices to I am not creative trained and love their products.
Its always great to try something new as there are so many other products out there.:lol:

NO IT IS NOT!!!

Professional products should always be bought from the authorised distributors......if you do a search on here using Ebay you will find the many, many reasons why.
This is a site for Professionals.....and professionals do not buy their professional products from Ebay........:grr: and breath..........

If you love your Creative products so much....and why wouldn't you..... you should go and get trained in their use in order to get the optimum benefits from them.

hi there girls and guys?! i am Kelly
im a complete virgin at this geeking thingy but im sure you will hear more from me at some point!
i trained with NSI in acrylics and mani/pedi back in april and literally havent really done alot since i do the odd few but have another job in a shop and a five year old so find it hard to fit it all in
i buy the odd bits and pieces from nsi website but other than that i have no idea where the best places to buy from are so if some peeps could hook me up with a few good sites or places i can get catalouges from i would be most grateful
also is there a rule that you have to be creative trained to buy from creative as i know that their products are fab and would like to maybe experiment with a few
bye for now as i have alot of info to sift through on this fab looking site and hope to hear back from some of you soon!!!
oh and hello maggie if you see this (i trained along side maggie i notice she is on here somewhere!)

Hi Kelly and welcome to the site....you will love it here.

If you cllick on navigation the dropdown window will give you an option of link directory...if you click on that you will find links to all sorts of websites, from manufacturers to distributors so you can start having a look at what is available out there...HTH

Hi Kelly.
If you are NSI trained you CAN by from CND. All they need to do is sight your certificate. I trained with NSI - but only use CND - its awesome. Be wary of E bay - I got some really C*** stuff that was NOT CND.

Most companies will ask you to sign a disclaimer if you wish to use there proffesioal products and choose not to use there traiining in conjunction.

There have been a number of free demo days,advertised, this i found to be a good way to have a real look and play with before you committ.

Buying from e bay or other overseas websites, is a way of avoiding paying VAT by the seller, and as a purchaser you are joining in a very serious offence"according to the inland revenue".
This is also true of those people who buy the product out of the uk and sell on uk websites.

I would not like the inland reveue on my doorstep would you?

Hi Kelly.
If you are NSI trained you CAN by from CND. All they need to do is sight your certificate. I trained with NSI - but only use CND - its awesome. Be wary of E bay - I got some really C*** stuff that was NOT CND.

Hi Lizbird

This rule does vary depending which country you are in and in the UK CND are stricter over the use of their products without a CND certificate.

Most companies will ask you to sign a disclaimer if you wish to use there proffesioal products and choose not to use there traiining in conjunction.

There have been a number of free demo days,advertised, this i found to be a good way to have a real look and play with before you committ.

Buying from e bay or other overseas websites, is a way of avoiding paying VAT by the seller, and as a purchaser you are joining in a very serious offence"according to the inland revenue".
This is also true of those people who buy the product out of the uk and sell on uk websites.

I would not like the inland reveue on my doorstep would you?

That is the first time I've ever heard of a nail company asking anyone to sign a disclaimer ... is this some kind of a cheap 'get out' for greedy suppliers to be able to have an excuse for selling to anyone at all, trained or not???

I'd love to know which companies do this!! Perhaps you could enlighten us and supply a list of them for us.

Not sure why anyone would need to sign a disclaimer..... anyway if you are interested in using CND products, you can either attend a conversion class, or if you call into one of the Academy shops, someone will be able to talk you through the products (which you can buy, other than L&P) and depending on which Academy you are at you will probably be able to get a demo too.

conversion course sounds great had a quick flick through your site are the only places availible to do this manchester and milton keynes? as both of these are really far away as i am a somerset girl!!!:)

conversion course sounds great had a quick flick through your site are the only places availible to do this manchester and milton keynes? as both of these are really far away as i am a somerset girl!!!:)

You can do a conversion course at any one of about 30 locations in the UK. The web site you are refering to lists only two of the places and really, it should list them all.

All the CND distributors and trainers are listed here on the site. You may have to travel to do your training ... not everyone is lucky enough to have a CND Ambassador/trainer on their doorstep ... but there are lots of them around. Ring 0845 210 60 60 and one of the CND representatives will tell you where your nearest location is and send you information.

cheers i guessed there had to be more if the worst came to the worst i would travel but with a 5 yr old, a partner who spends more time at work than at home and another job besides nails taking time out to do my own thing can be tricky will give that number a call tomorrow me thinks! thanks again geeg!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Nuff said!!:mad:

Please don't shoot the messenger, but I have read various concerns on here about the legitimacy of purchasing goods from ebay and so I decided to clarify the position for myself with a chartered accountant of over 30 years experience just now. I interrupted him cleaning his car to ask him about this, as I was interested in <and had instant access to> a professional opinion! :)

I am saying nothing about the position of those who do or do not purchase professional items on the site, as I have seen feelings can run high about it, but he has told me the 'Buyer' is doing nothing wrong in terms of his/her position with regard to the inland revenue. 'If' a 'Seller' was doing anything wrong with regard to such matters, and this is a matter of speculation and not fact <unless the buyer were to definitely know otherwise>, the issue rests fairly and squarely with them and not the buyer. Unless they actually 'Know' the seller is acting outside the law in some way, they are buying in good faith and have committed no offence. Any goods purchased may or may not be the genuine article, just as someone might think they're buying a solid gold watch and it turns out to be otherwise. It is a risk any buyer takes, with any type of item, and they would have cause for redress if this was found to be the case.

With regard to VAT, it is only if a VAT registered buyer purchases an item in this way and then proceeds to try to claim it back in his tax returns that he is committing an offence. Any VAT payable is the responsibility of the seller and nothing to do with the buyer. You wouldn't go to a high street shop and demand to know the shopkeeper's financial affairs before deciding to make a purchase and it's the same principal elsewhere.

Like I said, please don't shoot the messenger, as I can see why the whole issue is a contentious one for some. I simply decided to ask an expert's opinion, this is a potted version of what he said and I've regurgitated it in layman's terms. I hope I haven't offended anyone. x

Latest posts

Back