Swarovski Crystal Pedicure

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi nail geeks!

I have just started doing the swarovski toes and having a problem with them lasting!! I did a full set of all ten toes fully covered on Tuesday and some had already popped off on Wednesday,not good!!
My procedure was as follows;
- prep all toes
- shellac base coat, cure for 10secs
- shellac colour coat, apply crystals then cure for 2mins
- shellac top coat in between as many of the crystals as poss with a tiny tinting brush
- remove sticky layer and solar oil

I had heard of people having them on for 6 weeks etc.
Can anyone help me with their procedures? What am I doing wrong?!

Many thanks
Xx

I set them in hard gel. I do a first layer then a second, set them in second layer and then gel top coat them, or go inbetween to try and retain the shine. They last 4-8weeks depending on the care...

The only thing I set in shellac is glitter for doing rockstar xx

I use Cuccio soak off gel (to eliminate the need for filing through all those crystals).

I do a thin base coat, cure, another layer and place crystals then full cure, another thin coat over the top. They do loose some shine but are still very sparkley and last for 4+ weeks looking fab.

Mine have now been on for nearly 8 weeks (been meaning to take them off for last 4 weeks but I've not had enough time to remove them and replace them and can't face the thought of naked toes now lol).

I also use soak off gel thanks to baggybears help. Mine have been on 5 weeks now.
I have just got shellac so havent tried it yet, but the gel is that good I think I will stick with that.

I used a soak off gel layer used opi colour then another layer of soak off laid crystals then went round the crystals with another layer then top coat 2. These little suckers ain't moving had them on over a week no signs of budging yet! I rushed to get them done aswell so they could have been better.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1317909736.781666.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1317909736.781666.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 1,264
I use a fibreglass over shellac, they stick fast don't budge, no top coat needed so no loss of shine as some have experienced!:) gel is a very popular one though. Xx

i did my toes.
step 1 , 2 base coat (gelicure) normal polish, normal glitter polish. top coat gelicure. glue sc with the edge nail glue. then apply asp nail art sealer & top coat. .... lasts ages, grow out rather than fall off

I use s gel from bio sculpture and they stay on perfect for at least 6 to 8 weeks love it : ) xz

When I do this I coat the crystals in Shellac, rather than just putting the Shellac around them, they last until removal - this doesn't need to be a thick coating, just enough to hold them underneath.

I'd also say 2 coats of colour would be better, when I used 1 coat, the Shellac peeled off the next day, that was Rockstar fingers though.

Hi geeks!!

Thanks so much for all your responses!! Think I will try 2 coats of shellac colour and set them into top coat and if that doesn't work I will be purchasing some gel I think!!

Thanks again!!xx

Hi geeks!!

Thanks so much for all your responses!! Think I will try 2 coats of shellac colour and set them into top coat and if that doesn't work I will be purchasing some gel I think!!

Thanks again!!xx
Good luck with the 2 colour coats of Shellac but if it doesn't work and you do decide to buy some gel please make sure you check if it's a buff off gel or soak off gel.
I use a soak off gel so I don't have to file through all the gel & crystals, and the time being careful when getting near the natural nails (it would cost me extra in files plus time to file all the gel off).

So i've given it a go on a very willing friend/guinea pig........ Gelish structure gel v cnd gel bond to test both method's. Gel bond was really awful and seemed to badly affect the backing of the crystals :-( but the structure gel worked well and I liked that you could still move and perfect the position of the crystals before curing. Am happy with my first go and glad I tried both method's now just for the time test!
522139c0-fe9f-2cfd.jpg
looking at pic to left is structure gel and the right gel bond.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Baggybear...what do you use a picker upperer for the stones? Can you recommend with a link?

I bought a pickerupper from one of the glitter sites but I prefer to use my cocktail stick with a blob of blu-tac on the end .. its brilliant.

Jacqui xx

Ahh blu tack great idea. How do you get the crystal to come off the blu tack if you're dropping/setting them in soak off gel that of course at this point is uncured?

I have a picker upper that I got from ebay. Have also used an orange stick dipped in water and an orange stick with a bit of bluetack. All those things work.

I just tend to use the handle of my rubber hoof stick and a spot of the gel I'm using as they are both out and in easy reach.

The picker upper I have is like this one but in blue.
PINK CRYSTAL/GEM/BEAD/RHINESTONE APPLICATOR SETTER TOOL | eBay

Hi Chicken,

Well......... I used some tweezers, this worked well for the Structure Gel technique but with gel bond it was total mare as it was sticking the gems to the tweezers !! Another plus for the SG technique.

I have seen on here that some peeps use an orange wood stick with tack on the end to pick up!

Hope this helps.

PS :hug: thanks for your help on this subject it has been great. One more thing, I am just drafting up prices and this is what I have come up with, do you think this is about right. I am going to be using a base of Gelish which I charge £25.00 for have used that as a guide...

Big Bling (big toes only) £50.00
Ultimate Party Feet ( ALL 10 toes ) £70.00
French Fancy (a row of crystals to edge the French tip on each nail ) £35.00
Individual Gems £1.00

Baggybear...what do you use a picker upperer for the stones? Can you recommend with a link?

I use my dotting tool with a small blob of gel/Shellac from around the rim of the bottle to pick up, works fine and doesn't grip them too much like blu-tac does where it can make it difficult to actually 'let go' onto the nail.

I did have a 'picker upper' but it really was rubbish, threw it away!!

hello ladies
can i ask what you are storing your crystals in?
this sounds like a silly question but my reasoning for it is the envelope is not going to last that long and how can we show our clients they are 'the real deal' and not just cheapy ones

Siobhan xx

hello ladies
can i ask what you are storing your crystals in?
this sounds like a silly question but my reasoning for it is the envelope is not going to last that long and how can we show our clients they are 'the real deal' and not just cheapy ones

Siobhan xx

I keep mine in small clear screw top pots and I don't worry about proving they are the real deal because nothing sparkles as well as swarovski crystals they are super bling and that has been proof enough for all my clients. You could keep one (or more) of your envelopes if you want to so you can show anyone who does ask but I've not had anyone want to see proof so far.

I have all my colour crystals in these:
12 Clear Nail Art Gems Accessory Empty Storage Pots Bottle+Plastic Container/Box | eBay

The box does not stay closed very well. I keep mine in a tight place so it can't open.

This looks similar but the box is better:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BEAD-GEM-...094?pt=UK_Crafts_Beads_CA&hash=item2564cc27d6

great thankyou xx

Latest posts

Back