Taking on Too Much?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xChloex

Reaction score
Wondered if you could help me....didn't know where to really post this as it covers a few things but here goes...

Just started out going mobile...have a few jobs here and there that are keeping me busy but the other night I went to do a trial for a wedding makeup. She said she was happy and that she wanted me to come back on the day and there would be about 5 of them to do including bridesmaids and mother of the bride. Now, I've said yes cos I didn't wanna turn any potential clients away or ruin her day.

Next one, somebody has asked me to do a "beauty party" where there are a few different things going on. I've been requested to do manicure, 2 pedicures, tinting and eyebrow shaping. First off, this is meant to be starting at 7.30 pm and by the time I get done and packed up, it will be quite late blah blah.

Am I taking on too much to keep people happy or do you think I should just grin and bear it:green:

Love to hear what you think xx

It all depends if you're happy to do this much work, hun. As you're just starting out, doing parties could be a good way of getting regular clients. Or are your books already pretty full?

sounds like you could do with some help....I do group bookings like weddings with another geek...(minkus).....it not only speeds things up but its also great fun....we just split the money 50/50....

Is there anyone in your area you could do this with...?....its also great cos you can cover each other for holidays. xx

I agree with Angie and that way you don't have to turn any buisness away x

Maybe I should ask somebody else to help out with the party otherwise I won't be done until midnight!

I think with the wedding I will tackle it myself. It will be good fun and as long as I have a system and stick to it, I should be ok....hopefully!!

I don't do my mobile stuff full time yet as I haven't got a massive clientele so I'm just getting the odd calls here and there but they are making up the cut in wages I get from my other job. Until I get a bigger client base, I don't really feel I can turn stuff away.

I think it's all down to trial and error!!!

Thanks for your comments x

Good luck hun. Let us know how you get on. :hug:

I've been requested to do manicure, 2 pedicures, tinting and eyebrow shaping. xx

I don't think you are necessarily taking on too much, but remember your clients should have been patch tested for tint 24 hours previously to ensure they do not have a reaction to the tint.

I don't do parties myself but girls I know that do, tend to do mini treatments rather than full ones. So they spend 20-30 mins on each treatment. But if I were to do this, I think I would have to have a separate pricelist as it has to be worth your while when its a whole evening! Or you could charge them an hourly rate and split the time between the girls... for arguments sake, you could charge £30 p.h. and they get half an hour each. Just an idea :)
As you are starting out, I would say 'do it'
Make sure each girl gets good individual attention, introduce yourself properly, look them in the eye when you're talking, mirror their body language so they feel comfortable with you and make sure you give each one your price list. Hopefully they will then see you separately and it won't be long before you have enough individual clients that you won't have to do stuff that stresses you out :)

Thanks for everyones input...I quite like the idea of mini treatments for parties rather than the standard times. I'll have to figure out a seperate price list and how I'll cut them down.

Glad you're all here to help!

x

Latest posts

Back