Talc when waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curlywurly

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls,

Could anyone tell me how much talc to use when waxing legs and bikini as I have a client booked in tonight who is pregnant and I don't want to use my Jasmine Oil (which arrived today - horray) (I dont have any other oil to hand at present). I used talc a few times at college but that was years ago and Im really nervous about tonight's appointment because i had problems with my last waxing client who had very large thighs and quite loose skin, and problems with wax sticking.

Thanks.

Go to the shops and buy some baby oil! It's not as good as the waxing oils but will still work better than talc.

x

Thanks for that - off to the co-op to buy some baby oil then!

Just remember dab off the excess if your shining then it's too much x

Why don't you want to use your Jasmine oil? Are you saving it for best? :lol:

Jasmine oil is safe to use on pregnant women but if you're worried, as PinkPotions said, a fine layer of baby oil will do fine.xxx

Why is oil used? im intrigued at college oil was never mentioned. Learn something new everyday....here its every post near as damn it lol x

Yes, I was wondering why also :) x

stops the wax sticking to the skin therefore less painfull and less traumatic to the skin!
hth!

stops the wax sticking to the skin therefore less painfull and less traumatic to the skin!
hth!

And the hairs even with oil on them still get removed?

And the hairs even with oil on them still get removed?

Indeed they do. The oil needs to be minimal and if too much has been applied just blot with a tissue. The oil provides a lipid barrier between the wax and the skin so is easier to remove and is less traumatic on the skin.

If there is too much oil the wax will slide about, but if it does, just blot it and reapply the wax and away you go.

Indeed they do. The oil needs to be minimal and if too much has been applied just blot with a tissue. The oil provides a lipid barrier between the wax and the skin so is easier to remove and is less traumatic on the skin.

If there is too much oil the wax will slide about, but if it does, just blot it and reapply the wax and away you go.

Now I understand, thanks for that Jen:) but does it work with all types of wax?
You too Crazysaz
x

Now I understand, thanks for that Jen:) but does it work with all types of wax?
You too Crazysaz
x

Yes it works for all types of wax, it takes a little while getting used to how little oil to use at first, but you will soon have the idea and your waxing will become much more enjoyable. If you think you have put too much oil in your hands, rub your hands together like you were going to apply the oil, but press down onto your couch roll first and this will take off the excess off your hands. Like I said earlier.. if you see you have applied too much to the skin surface, use a tissue to blot the skin before applying the wax. It really is very easy to get used to in such a short time.

Latest posts

Back