Tammy Taylor Practise Cards?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherubs

Reaction score
Has anyone heard/used these?
Saw them on E-bay and thought they looked interesting!

have you got a link for them so we can have a look xx

you could do that yourself using tips instead of a practise card... or on a trainer hand.

you can get an idea of what they are by the pic - you normally use sheets like this in training classes.
You could maybe make your own & laminate it!
If you think they will help you get them xxxxx

Hi Cherubs, you have said you have the EN Course, that comes with a nail trainer, so there is no need for those cards ...... Why not use that ????

Thought it might be good for someone who hasn't got a trainer hand plus you'd also save pennies on tips too

But how can any one learn to build a great apex on a flat peice of card ???
The only time I would suggest to use a flat piece of laminated card, is for bead testing.... getting the consistancy right, ratio's for whites and clear or pinks and the sizing of a bead...... a flat piece of card is just that, it is flat..... you dont get to practice applying your smile line for example on a nail curve..different brush angle for a start.....that can be only done on a tip i.e nail trainer, training hand or the real thing.....
It's a bit like learning how to paint by numbers, when in reality you need to learn how to sculpt and create a 3D image.... A nail is a 3D object and not flat....In my mind these are study aids and if you use them with a course than thats fine, but not as a sole learning aid......In my mind nothing will ever replace a tutor looking over your should and showing you where you need to tweak your application skills........ as Gigi said, short cuts lead to long delays....
but thats just my opinion and hope it doesn't offend xxx
Back to my Voddy now xxx

cherubs said:
yes mummet me bought one about a yr or so back as it sounded good. its basically a piece of laminated paper with instructions
DIY with either tips or forms i say!!!

also since looking at the TT site the whole thing is on there for FREE so im afraid I was a muppet back then!!! Another EBAY seller out to make pennies

I have this card and it showed me that if you put the products on too thick that when you bend it it breaks whereas when it is thinner then it flexes and does NOT break. You can build an apex too and then when you have done a nail (they are marked into the 3 zones), you can flex the plastic sheet and the ''nails '' came off, you can then see just how good or bad it looks from all angles it has helped me get my overlays/enhancements the correct thickness.

cherubs said:
Before there was a trainer she had these guides and they are laminated thats what i started with since i didn't have a lot of people that i could practice on. It serves a purpose for a while till the nail trainer can along and then you live Ginni pigs.

http://www.arm-tek.net/~rsk/Practice_Sheet.pdf

here's a link to a tammy taylor practice sheet. you can print it and laminate it yourself (most post offices and printing places have lam machines) or you can put it in a large plastic ziploc bag

it's a great an inexpensive training aid, great for newbies getting the hang of consistency

** I've been working on the Tammy T "practice sheet" today (ran off a copy from her web and put in ziplock) but sure isn't easy:rolleyes: As stated before it is a bid hard to build an arch etc. I've got an Essentials kit coming in this next week so can't Wait to have the Hand to practice on:green: - Yippie*

I think you can print them off of the tammy taylor site for free. I'm not sure if I am thinking of the same thing you are talking about.

its designed to help you get used to picking up the correct size beads and its also useful when practicing smile lines.

angel fingers said:
its designed to help you get used to picking up the correct size beads and its also useful when practicing smile lines.

ditto!!!

Latest posts

Back