Tan not taking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiggs81

Reaction score
Hi Geeks
I have posted this thread before, but the same thing has happened again on the same client (a friend). I use Nouvatan, did 8% on my friend 1st time round (she is fair) and found that it took well on face and back, slightly on arms but hardly took at all on legs! She said she has had this problem with St Tropex before and the only 1 which has taken on her is Sienna X but the therapist did a double spray, so for her 2nd tan, I did a 10% and did a double spray on the area's which hadn't taken before. Again, face and back took well but arms and legs definately a shade lighter! The first tan was done in the day, so on the second one I did it in the evening and she slept in it so was on for 8 hours plus.

She wants another one so clearly likes it but I'm a perfectionist and I just want it to be right, especially as other friends etc are seeing it. I have double checked what she is using to wash in (soap and water) and she swears she is not using moisturiser on day of tan. She is paying me for each one so not like she is after a freebie! I'm just baffled by it, could it just be that she has stubborn skin?

Dove products can affect the tan as can shaving foam. Maybe see if she is using either beforehand? X

What is she using prior to the tan? i.e. to wash, exfoliate, moisturise, shave (including what razor she uses or wax product)

Latest posts

Back