Tanning crisis!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allabout beauty

Reaction score
Ok guys really need help as I'm typing this in floods of tears, did 2 tans tonight for my friends wedding on fri the brides looks fine went great but on my other friend a patch beside her armpit started to develop and go green around the edge then tan wasn't taking at all I asked had she anything on her skin and this morn she had put hyrdocortisone cream on her armpits and there must of been some on her skin :/ now I've left it for tonight and I am seeing her tomorrow how will I fix this with the spray or use a mitt and blend tan that way I am so stressed after telling her for weeks exfoliate no products on skin the day of the tan I Cnt stop crying :(

Any advice will be such a help

Many thanks
Kathryn

I can't really offer much advice on how to fix it, but try not to get upset as it sounds like this wasn't your fault, you asked her not to apply any creams or products to her skin prior to having the tan done - and she did. Please don't be too harsh on yourself as this is her fault and not yours :)

Hey :) I just can't believe it why do people continue not to listen!!!! But no matter it's always the beautician that gets the blame grrr!!!

Thanku for your kind words tho :) I wish I hadn't of Said yes to doing it now you know that feeling

Kat xxx

Honey, don't beat yourself up over it. You told her not to use any products on her skin yet she did. That's what has caused the green. I'm not in a position to give advice on how to tackle it (I've only just done my training) but it's nothing you've done whatsoever. She should have listened to your instructions in the first place.

Big hugs hun. Dont beat yourself up over this as you've done nothing wrong. Hopefully another geek will be able to give you advice on how to perhaps sort it for her.

explain to her politely but firmly that you did explain to her not to have any thing on her skin, however because of the occasion you will attempt to fix it. Personally i would VERY lightly exfoliate just the green areas, thoroughly dry, add a tiny tiny thin bit of barrier cream. I mean a TINY layer...then give a light mist of spray.

Tell her that you have done as much as you possibly can. Most off all act confident, like you could deal with the world caving in at that very moment!! She needs to know it wasnt your ability that aused the problem, but also that you are confident in trying your best to fix it. x

Thanks so a very thin layer on the patch and spray so not to fill it in with a mitt and tan I'm so nervous about this :( but will remain calm :) xoxo

Thanks xx

Ok guys really need help as I'm typing this in floods of tears, did 2 tans tonight for my friends wedding on fri the brides looks fine went great but on my other friend a patch beside her armpit started to develop and go green around the edge then tan wasn't taking at all I asked had she anything on her skin and this morn she had put hyrdocortisone cream on her armpits and there must of been some on her skin :/ now I've left it for tonight and I am seeing her tomorrow how will I fix this with the spray or use a mitt and blend tan that way I am so stressed after telling her for weeks exfoliate no products on skin the day of the tan I Cnt stop crying :(

Any advice will be such a help

Many thanks
Kathryn

hey hun normally if a client comes and has deoderant on when i spray it turns the guide colour green not her it should develop as normal once shes washe off it shouldnt be green what tan are u using? x
keep calm it will be fine im sure u gave the correct advice if she choose not to listen its not ure fault x

I'm using suntana it just seemed to be the edge of the patch went green in bits maybe where it reacted with the cream thanks for the advice tho itl be better in the morn when I can see it after she has washed etc just can't switch of from it xoxox

No need to get upset just now- the majority of these cases I find turn out absolutly fine when washed off in the morning, also maybe a wee reminder to yourself that no matter how much to tell clients about prep you should ask them again about it right before you start tanning- most of my clients forget to remove deodarent so I ask them right befoe tan and get them to remove just incase any left and remind them that green patches could appear if any residue left

I know :( my own stupid fault at least I'll def remember for next time :) xxxxx

I know :( my own stupid fault at least I'll def remember for next time :) xxxxx

Dont be so hard on yourself as kim says yes ask b4 u tan aswell,a few of my clients have come straight from work so sometimes have traces of deoderant or perfume i just explain it may turn the guide colour green but its always fine in the morning still developes etc x

Thanks everyone will let u all know how it turns out :/ xxxxx

Hey everyone she Txted this morn to say the patch dsnt look as bad fingers crossed for me guys :) xoxo

Don't worry, I often have customers who forget to remove deodorant but the green has always washed off. last weekend I did a tanning party for 12 people and the 1st girl i did seemed to gradually be going greener and greener and not just her underarms but all of her:eek: Iwas slightly concerned as I had not come accross this before ( i also knew it was nothing that i had done as everyone else was fine) but she said that this happened the last time she had a spray tan and when she washed it off it was fine and I have since heard that it was fine and that she was very happy with it x

I know a client went green under the arms but it washed off fine, and I must have had soap up my arm from bathing the children before my tan and I had a massive streak of green, it washed off and tan was absolutely fine so don't worry! X

The amount of people who u tell not to use products on skin ALWAYS a small number of them will use products! However, this will still tan so dont worry :) xx

Hey guys have a new problem ;/ I looked at her today and her hands have tanned her arms havnt her back hasn't :/ urgh now she had a full body scrub at a salon the day before would this of affected it ? Looks like the only thing I can do is to use instant tomorrow on her and blend it in :( xoxoox

This seems like a question for baggybear! Shes the tanning queen lol.

I dont think the scrub would have affected it at all. However, do her rms and back have NO tan on them at all or are they just not tanned as much as the rest of her?

I know that when I go for a tan my legs are NEVER as dark as the rest of me, nor is my chest. And I dont tan naturally in those areas much either so it could be down to that? Im not really sure if thats accurate but just a guess? Although it is strange that her hands are tanned but not her arms. Is it her palms? has she been rubbing her tan if it is?

Sorry I couldnt help more. x

If the other clients turned out perfectly it cant be your technique or solution so I would presume there is a barrier of some sort - or the other base to cover is any medication she is taking could she be pregnant... solutions can take differently due to different hormonal balances?? Dont panic though it doesnt sound like its anything youve done and you have a solution so put it down to experience:Love:

Latest posts

Back