Tanning cubicles...your help needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zingara

Reaction score
Hey all you tanning geeks....

(As some of you know) I am just opening my brand new studio for nails tanning and some beauty services, set in a fabulous converted loft space....but I have just discovered a major problem with my current standard pop-up tanning cubicle - it doesn't fit!!!

The slope of the roof, makes it impossible to erect - I have tried it with and without the clear roof, and unless my clients want to lie down, the only way it would fit would be sideways!

I intend on continuing with my reasonably healthy mobile tanning trade, so the tent will continue to be useful for that, but definitely need to be able to provide spray tanning in the studio, so am wondering what other methods you guys have come across for protecting smaller spaces. I don't create that much overspray....but have just painted all the walls white, and have a lovely cream couch in there, so need something!

Have you successfully used extraction without a cubicle? Or do you know of any 'short' cubicles out there? Any other idea's?

And especially all low cost ideas very gratefully received! I'm over my budget already!

Last edited:
Isnt that just typical after all the planning you have done.

I have seen some salons use a shower curtain that can be moved to one wide when not used, but dont think it would look professional. You could get Graeme to build a custom tent into one corner - probably with sailing fabric (bet Graeme knows where to get that from :wink2:). I would imagine a customer made one will protect just as much overspray as a the normal tent.

You could also use clear perspex to cover the walls in the area that you would be spraying in.

Thanks hun....yes we've requested a quote for some clear perspex as one option.

Would particularly like to hear who has used what for extraction purposes. Do these mobile extraction units work well enough to get rid of the need for a cubicle?

Last edited:
Thanks hun....yes we've requested a quote for some clear perspex as one option.

Woudl particulalry like to hear who has used what for extraction purposes. Do these mobile extraction units work well enough to get rid of the need for a cubicle?

Perspex looks good on a white background, if fixed correctly to the wall. You can add posters behind it to brighten the look up a bit if you liked. Its easy to wipe down too. You would need a non-slip mat which you can clean after each client. I use a mobile extractor unit and my room is 20' square and it seems to keep the overspray down to a minimum.

I use a mobile extraction unit, in a 25 ft by 12 ft room and it is fine. I had to improvise with my spraying as I too have a slanting roof, which meant I couldnt put up a tent. I used to have an area built in the corner for spraying, and this was perspex on the wall, with a round chrome shower curtain holder. I used to pull the curtain round when spraying, then it pushed back when done. It was great and did the job well, and looked ok too!

I have a white tiled wall in my salon that i use as the spray tanning area,
instead of using tiling grout (this stains) for in between the tiles i have used silicone sealer, the type that goes around your bath,
then when i am running clean water through my machine i spray the tiles and just wipe down with a dry cloth,
this has worked well so far with no extraction unit although i do hope to get an extraction unit in the near future just for peace of mind hth

Anyone any idea how much extraction units cost

Latest posts

Back