Tanning men?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZOE!

Reaction score
Hello again, sorry for all this tanning questions, just want to make sure i have it right. When tanning a man does the tan turn out ok when they have hairy legs etc? Also my OH has a shaven head but a bit bald at the front so would i just lightly waft over the head? x

Hello again, sorry for all this tanning questions, just want to make sure i have it right. When tanning a man does the tan turn out ok when they have hairy legs etc? Also my OH has a shaven head but a bit bald at the front so would i just lightly waft over the head? x

If you cant get the guy to shave his legs...then you should continue as normal but just be carefull not to over spray as the liquid could well build up on the hairs and then drip onto the skin.

For the head ...well just be carefull and as you say just a waft over will be fine..but ensure he hasnt shaved his head at least 24hrs before the spraytan.

Remember..less is more...particularly in this case.

These are all questions that your trainer can answer for you...thats why she is there for you...so dont be afraid to ask her for her help
Good luck with the hairy bald headed guy :hug:

Men don't need to shave their legs if they don't want to do and they can still have a good quality tan if care is taken.

When spray over very hairy areas, lightly spray down pulling further back then you would normally and then lightly spray straight back up again, keeping the mist light and even. This allows the solution to get to the skin below the hairs as the air out of the mister will blow the hairs aside a little and what you missed on the downward stroke, you will pick up on the upward stroke. Keep it light and even so that solution isnt too moist and stick like globules to the hairs.

As for balding heads, I whisp up the back of the head when doing the back at the beginning of my tan then as the client is facing me and I am doing his face, I will just spray higher and allow for the solution to go on the top of thier heads.

Hope this helps with your querie hun :hug:

My boyfriend has mega hairy legs and he has spray tans all the time (dont tell his mates hehe) not once have i had build up of solution on the hair or anything.

I just do it the way i do a normal spray tan... works fine every time!!

x

These replies are all so useful, I have also been worried about tanning men as I haven't had a male spraytan client yet! thanks xx

One other thing to consider when spraying men is what you suggest they wear during the tan! I had a strict rule that nothing less than a g string would be worn so not to cause any embarassment! :lol:

Solution clinging on to hairy legs, chest etc would be more probable when using an airbrush and compressor, if the HVLP system is used then there should be no reason for there to be any droplets to worry about.

It is quite common to still feel nervous when doing your first male client but you will soon get used to it. Always use a lighter solution until he is used to it as men generally want to keep it natural looking to begin with.

Mandy

One other thing to consider when spraying men is what you suggest they wear during the tan! I had a strict rule that nothing less than a g string would be worn so not to cause any embarassment! :lol:

Solution clinging on to hairy legs, chest etc would be more probable when using an airbrush and compressor, if the HVLP system is used then there should be no reason for there to be any droplets to worry about.

It is quite common to still feel nervous when doing your first male client but you will soon get used to it. Always use a lighter solution until he is used to it as men generally want to keep it natural looking to begin with.

Mandy

I use a tantrick machine and have sprayed quite a few guys and none have had any probs on hairy legs etc. Spray lightly over baldies heads though.
I always ensure that male clients wear boxers or underwear of their choice (preferably dark).
If you are spraying your partner it is a good idea to spray him naked. That way if he ever manages to pull another woman she'll think he has some type of disease if she sees his stripe:)

Thank you for all your replies, its really helped. My boyfriend is going to be my first client tonight so hope it all turns out well and i remember how to do it, my training was over two weeks ago now! x

Just follow you little print out guide that you will have getting with your training and you cant go wrong!

Once you have done a few you will be in the swing of it! x

Latest posts

Back