Tanning Men

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Princess*laura

Reaction score
I have my first male client next week and i am really nervous.

i read you spray the tan upwards to separate the hair but do you need to go over more than once?

anyother tips, should everything else just be done as normal?

might be a good idea to have some one with you . keep safe

I have a couple of male clients hun and never had to spray upwards?? Not sure what that's all about? No need to spray twice either, just don't rush yourself and keep to your technique! x

Good luck! x:)

i thaught it was something to do with separating the hair? hmmm maybe not.
In the past half a hour through email ive actually decided im not going to tan the guy. Ive since been asked if wearing shorts are mandatory. So i think im best just leaving this one.

I think i will when i do come to a male client will take someone with me at least the first time i tan them.

Still tips would be great, for future. :green:

When spraying men i do it the same way as i would anyone else. When you are about to spray the air is already coming out of the gun, so this usually blows the hairs out of the way anyway.
Dont worry it will be fine just spray him as normal.
Just a tip, If your male client has a bald head ensure you spray his head too as it will look odd if it was white.
xx

i thaught it was something to do with separating the hair? hmmm maybe not.
In the past half a hour through email ive actually decided im not going to tan the guy. Ive since been asked if wearing shorts are mandatory. So i think im best just leaving this one.

I think i will when i do come to a male client will take someone with me at least the first time i tan them.

Still tips would be great, for future. :green:
Look apart from the obvious a male is no different to a female...just treat as normal with the following exceptions

1) If solution "pools" on any body hair simply waft over with air from your gun to blow off the solution onto the skin.As has been mentioned you can spray upward which for some therapists does work also.

2) If spraying him naked and he wants his todger doing just lightly mist this bit as it is already slightly darker than the rest of him.

3)If he wants to be sprayed naked but doesn't want his toger doing ..then ask him to do what I do and just get hold of it and throw it over his right shoulder to keep it out of the way :lol:

4) Remember he will probably be more nervous than you..after all he will be the one more or less naked facing you with a blinking gun in your hand full of extremely cold spray tan solution...enough to scare the pants of any bloke :eek:

5)Enjoy the experience blokes make good customers

6) Enjoy the tip as blokes generally speaking are more appreciative and show it :green:

men re good clients hun so dont refuse them. is there not a fella you can practice on ? i always have a tolwleng mit to hand to softly dab over the excess on the very hairy bits.:) and if he wasnt to be naked then you need to look at it in a professional way as you will have someone with you but its your job hun :) i always have a spray tan with out a bra and i felt uncomfy the 1st time but because of the manner of the therapist i have felt fine since so relax and dont worry :) xx

men re good clients hun so dont refuse them. is there not a fella you can practice on ? i always have a tolwleng mit to hand to softly dab over the excess on the very hairy bits.:) and if he wasnt to be naked then you need to look at it in a professional way as you will have someone with you but its your job hun :) i always have a spray tan with out a bra and i felt uncomfy the 1st time but because of the manner of the therapist i have felt fine since so relax and dont worry :) xx

Thanks collin. Im sure that will come in handy at some point :green:

im going to practice on my boyfriend but hes been busy with work lately. So havnt had the chance.

I really have no problem in tanning a man. Its just this one. The stuff he was saying was not normal. If he was female i wouldn tan him either. I wont be refusing males, im more than happy to tan someone nakid. but not when they are asking the questions they are over email thats all. One minute he said he was shy... The next telling me he wanted to be nakie because hes a extrovist etc. Other stuff very unappropriate also.

I actually have a few of my bothers friends keen, so im thinking i might over them half price for their first tan. It will build up my confidence also. :)

I actually have a few of my bothers friends keen, so im thinking i might over them half price for their first tan. It will build up my confidence also. :)

And you will most certainly get to know them far better than you have done before :eek::lol::lol:

aww right hun yes that is a bit un nerving and i got the wrong end lol get spraying ya fella even if he is sleeping lol :) good luck

2) If spraying him naked and he wants his todger doing just lightly mist this bit as it is already slightly darker than the rest of him.

3)If he wants to be sprayed naked but doesn't want his toger doing ..then ask him to do what I do and just get hold of it and throw it over his right shoulder to keep it out of the way :lol: :green:

I couldn't stop laughing when I read this - real pictures with works lol thanks for cheering me up this mornin collin!

I couldn't stop laughing when I read this - real pictures with works lol thanks for cheering me up this mornin collin!

oi I was being seriouse then :eek::lol::lol::lol:

Latest posts

Back