Tanning Technique

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amadiez

Reaction score
I have just started tanning and in my training got taught to spray horizontally. I think that most people spray vertically? I still feel really unsure and have lost all my confidence. With that and not being able to decide on a solution I am beginning to think I am not very good at this! Does anyone know any good links to videos that can help me? I have looked in you tube but couldn't find any particularly helpful ones :|

I have just started tanning and in my training got taught to spray horizontally. I think that most people spray vertically? I still feel really unsure and have lost all my confidence. With that and not being able to decide on a solution I am beginning to think I am not very good at this! Does anyone know any good links to videos that can help me? I have looked in you tube but couldn't find any particularly helpful ones :|

eh tanning horizontaly.....me thinks you havent received the correct training and I can fully understand you feel a tad unconfident.
PM me your ful;l name and addy and I will happily send you a technique guide
HTH and dont give up :hug:

I was also taught to spray horizontally at college. The training was terrible I must admit I need to do another course because it was No where near good enough :(

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Hi, I spray top of body horizontal, vertical on legs and arms!!!

I was taught to spray horizontally working upwards, then vertical working downwards
hth x

have a look on the Nouvatan facebook page and there is a video of dawn spraying a young man.:o
she manages to do a full muscle bound body in around 2 mins spraying vertically,
horizontally wastes solution, and takes a lot longer.

I trained years ago and was taught to spray horizontally over the body and to do diagonal strokes on the arms and legs going down in one direction the back up in the other if that makes sense.
I have just bought a hvlp machine after using my spangles machine for years and years. I have tried to spray vertically but struggling a little. I have watched dawns video of the 2 min tan and have tried to follow the strokes.
Any other videos would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help everyone, think I will just give it a go and see what happens. Usually use my husband who is now used to walking around orange and patchy! X

i did my training with wow and it was brill, taught me to do vertically which i do. im doing alot of overspray tho and just need a few tips to prevent this. Some1 told me she sprays in circular motion and this stops overspray?? not sure as no1 on ere says so

Some1 told me she sprays in circular motion and this stops overspray?? not sure as no1 on ere says so
whoever told you this is talking absolute nonsence....to reduce overspray simply turn your output volume dial down and work closer to the skin....about 8 " away is fine
If you are just newly trained the overspray issue if you follow your training routine will get far better with usage and experiance
HTH:hug:

I was taught by Wow and I spray vertically and can't say I have ever had any problems with too much overspray.

Don't let it get you down, searching for a solution you like is half the fun! Although I ended up coming back to my original solution in the end :eek: Hope you find a technique you like

Bekki x x x

cheers guys, im happy the way ive been trained & been following my guides. i thought it seemed fully her doing it in circular motion, every tan ive seen as done it vertical. al turn my gun down like colin says.x

Latest posts

Back