Tattoos

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that Women have a better pain barrier than men
I don't know of any women who have fainted during a tattoo but I know of a couple of men who have.

ruby

My tattooist agrees with this, and he is a big burly chap! He thinks women are much "harder" than men, and agrees that having a baby must hurt!! He has never had a woman whimper, but the men well......Many have unfinished tattoos!!! :green:

I'm having a black/grey ivy vine all the way up my spine!!! OUCH:cry:

I know what you are saying about making sure I am happy and I am.

I'm having it down to my bum so that when I bend over you can see it and between me shoulder blades so that its visable when I wear a low backed top or vest top but NOT visable if I wear a shirt or normal t-shirt. That way I figured I can conseal it when I'm a wrinkly old woman!!!

If I have any more and thats a big if!!! I would always make sure I could cover them cos thats just what I would feel comfy with. No offense to anyone with tats that are visable, they look fab but not for me. Also need to be able to hide from my mother! Even tho I'm 24 and married.:lol:

I have 8 and the only one that is visible is the one on inside of my wrist. But if I want I can cover that with a bangle or a watch. Also the one behind my ear is visible if my hair is up, but it is very small. I like mine to be hidden if needs be too. Tattoos are very addictive, I have had 3 so far this year. I want one on my foot next :green:

I would be less concerned with the pain, and more concerned with the skill of the artist. Shop around and be sure you get a GREAT tattooist. Be sure to see pictures of their ACTUAL WORK on somene's body, and not just pictures on paper on a wall, know what I mean? Also... clean shop is important!
:green:

Oh I'm so so scared now!!! I know what you are saying is correct and the advise is fantastic but I keep reading everyones posts and its putting me off now!!!:eek:

What if I get it and I hate it or its not very good or not central?

I have not seen any photos of tattoos by this artist but have looked at the receptionist who has all her tattoos done by the artist doing mine. They look fine.
Also she has won and come runner up in lots of competions and has awards on her wall. Not that they mean much to me cos I don't know what they really are.

The main thing thats worried me is someone I know had a tattoo last week at the same parlour but with a GUEST tattooist. The thing is it looks off centre because its not inline with the tattoo she already has. I don't know if its supposed to be like that cos its not something I'm gonna mention!!

No body I know has tattoos really so couldn't go anywhere on recommendation.

Oh no I'm doubting what I'm doing now! aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

Oh I'm so so scared now!!! I know what you are saying is correct and the advise is fantastic but I keep reading everyones posts and its putting me off now!!!:eek:

What if I get it and I hate it or its not very good or not central?

I have not seen any photos of tattoos by this artist but have looked at the receptionist who has all her tattoos done by the artist doing mine. They look fine.
Also she has won and come runner up in lots of competions and has awards on her wall. Not that they mean much to me cos I don't know what they really are.

The main thing thats worried me is someone I know had a tattoo last week at the same parlour but with a GUEST tattooist. The thing is it looks off centre because its not inline with the tattoo she already has. I don't know if its supposed to be like that cos its not something I'm gonna mention!!

If you live in Lancashire why not go to Louis Molloy, he's one of the best around.
:: middleton tattoo studio - home ::
I'll upload a pic of one he did for me later mate so you can see his work.

Yeah I did think about it but I thought local would be better for a few reasons:-
*if there were any problems its easier to get to,
*I can keep popping in to proof the design which is really
important to me
*on the day I would have to go on my own and if I feel a bit off afterwards
I don't wanna have to drive all that way home.

Hiya, I have 2 - one on bottom of my back (big) and a small one on my buttock. I had the big one done first and when I asked the guys in the tattoo place (very trendy place, really professional) how much it hurt the one said "its just like a cat scratching you" and the other interrupted and said "yeah, a bloody big cat with poker hot claws!".....anyhow not trying to put you off just thought it funny.

As others have said, don't take anything that thins the blood and don't know if anyone else has said but don't go out on the lash the night before or you will bleed more obviously. Sounds daft but try and drink lots of water beforehand.

It didn't really hurt that much to begin with I found but weirdly as i know it should be the other way round, I found the filling in bit much more painful than the outline. The worst thing for me that day was that they were really busy, it was a HOT summers day, music was pumping, small room and they had a lady doing nails in same ground floor space and the smell of remover just went straight to my head and I felt sooo dizzy.
Biggest tip in my opinion is if they ask if you want a break then say NO, I said yes and of course the numb feeling went and it hurt 3 times more when he started again.
Good Luck!

Oh The main thing thats worried me is someone I know had a tattoo last week at the same parlour but with a GUEST tattooist. The thing is it looks off centre because its not inline with the tattoo she already has. I don't know if its supposed to be like that cos its not something I'm gonna mention!!

The Tattoo shouldn't look off centre
The Tattooist would put the transfer on before and you would look at it in the mirror to check that it is where you wan't it to be
You wouldn't have it tattooed untill you were sure that it was in the correct position .

Ruby x

Logans Cave - News

I found but weirdly as i know it should be the other way round, I found the filling in bit much more painful than the outline. .

Most people find the filling in less painful .

Ruby x

Logans Cave - News

The Tattoo shouldn't look off centre
The Tattooist would put the transfer on before and you would look at it in the mirror to check that it is where you wan't it to be
You wouldn't have it tattooed untill you were sure that it was in the correct position .
Ruby x

Yeah I guessed thats what they would do so thats why I was confused why my friends is off centre. Unless to her looking in the mirror at her back it looks centre???

I think I'm just panicing for no reason really. :irked:(I'm a BIG worrier about EVERYTHING!!!)

I haven't even seen the design yet and I'm worrying its going wrong already. Typical me.:!:

Also I'm presuming the fact its all down my spine that she will just follow the line of my spine which will make it fairly central. Although I'm sure nobodys spine is dead central. I know my belly button isn't!!!

And the ivy vine snakes around so its not gonna be very obvious if it was a little off not as much as if it was a straighter design.

Am I just talking c*#p trying to convinse myself?!:eek:

LOL sounds like you got yourself in quite a tether about it all..
I waited until I was 40 to get mine done. I knew for quite a few years that I wanted one and 40 years old was a good time to get one.
Yeah, I was nervous but the excitement out won the nervousness..I am glad I had it done.

So If you have been wanting one, the artist will show you the drawing of it first..then apply it to your back, let you check it out before they start the actual tatooing, and should give you a break about half way done to get the circulation back in your body and allow you to breathe and relax.

If you don't like what the artist has done before the tatooing starts, just say so. They will work with you.

As the saying goes..don't sweat it. Just Do It!

Yeah I did get a bit het up but thats just me!!

Its all the waiting thats doing my head in. If I could just go NOW and get it done it would be much easier. I hate waiting.

I just wanna show you guys too. I'm really nervous people won't like it. I know it doesn't matter what other people think. I like it and that what matters but you still don't want people to look at it and think "What the hell is that?!"

Its like a new hair do, you want friends and family to like it and at least if they don't you can change your hair. You can't with a tattoo!!!

have you had it done yet sweetcorn??

Reason i ask is im wanting mine re-done (1st one is a bit patchy, had it done 7 yrs ago) i've read its down to wrong needle pressure so i'm going to another place ti get it re-done and some swirls adding to it! xx

Hey guys,

Just wanting to hear peoples experiences of tattoos.

I'm getting my first next month and I know its gonna hurt:irked: but I'd appreciate real opinions on the pain not just the tattoo artist saying it doesn't hurt at all!!!

Also has anyone had one done with numbing cream and if so does it work? Again heard different things about this.

Cheers peeps. XxX

Good on ya.

i had my first one on my foot with the cream, i didnt feel a thing it was FAB i would recomend it to anyone, when the tat was done i decided i wanted it extending so the artist carried on, i forgot about that area not being numb but it was fine honestly,

The only was i can explain the feeling is like when you scatch yourself over and over in the same place it stings and becomes annoying, thats it, its bearable, dont worry ull be fine,

My tat artist said to me if it was that painfull people would only have one and never return for another cos the pain would put them off, he shown me pics of people with them all over there bodies fo i figured if they can have all that work done and not be put off it cant be all that bad, my Boyf has got quite big tribal ones on his upper arms and he wants more and believe me he is a wuss so if he can anyone can. lol

HTS

I really enjoyed getting my two tattoos, I found it quite relaxing. I had mine done at Midlands Tattoo Centre which I gather has won quite a few awards.

Was not so keen on the guy sitting next to me swigging lager whilst having the snd part of his done. It covered all his back, right arm and chest. OUCH.

The worst thing I found having done was Nipples being Pierced, now that does bloomin hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like most people have said, everyone has a different pain threshold so no one can really tell you how you'll react to it. Personally I've had no problem with tattoos or piercings. My tattoo goes from the top of my bum, round my sides (that tickled!) and up half of my back.

Good luck with it, make sure you something you're totally happy with and in a place where ideally you can cover up if you like. I know too many women who have it in always visible places and totally hate it. xx

Sorry for 2 posts, just re-read some messages saying about the tat artist putting a transfer on.....My advice is NEVER get an 'off the wall' tat. I've seen people walk around with the same tat - and who wants that! Ask the artist to design your own unique tat. That's what I've had done and it's so fab and everyone loves it - even my Gran who is dead against tats! xx

I have not got one but my friend got one on her lower back she said she wished never got it and it was very painfall when she had it dun.:cry:

remember Tattoo's are for life.

Yeah there are a few out there that wished they had never done it.
My niece had a ninja star put on the outside of her ankle when she was in the army. She doesn't like it now and has to get tattoo cover up when she wears a dress.
But tatoos can be removed now. Expensive it can be. But it can be done.

This is why I had my 18 year old wait three years to have his first one and I waited until I was 40.

I had one on my shoulder about 10 years ago and nearly passed out!:eek: It wasn't from the pain, though, which was fine. I stopped breathing cos I was scared to move in case it went all wonky.:rolleyes: :lol:

Latest posts

Back