Tattoos

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
have you had it done yet sweetcorn??

No not yet, appointment coming up in the next few weeks.

I'm a bit annoyed because I want to proof the design before I go on the day and they don't seem that keen on doing it sooner so I can see it.

I know they are very busy which is a good sign but I really wanna see it.

I think because tattoos are no big deal to them now as they all have loads, they have forgotten what a big deal it is for newbies like me!!!

Rung today and gonna keep ringing.

i have 6 tattoos and id have all 6 done again at the same time than ever have my tongue pierced again - that was the most painful. ive had my nose pierced 8 times (in the same place - i kept taking it out whn i was younger) my tongue was worse than that. i was told never to use numbing cream as someone i know got an infection from it and frankly i dont think they make a difference. my tongue piercing is gone now that im married.

my dragon is my biggest tattoo and most detailed and the guy stopped for a few minutes every now and than so i could get up and run around then continue to stop my leg going numb. if it gets too much just ask the guy to give you a moment get some air it helps. or have a fan over you.

good luck!!

well i had mine touched up yesterday - and fainted. :o:o
it didnt even hurt too much xx

i was told never to use numbing cream as someone i know got an infection from it

The only time you would get an infection from numbing cream would be if you had it done at a dirty Tattoo studio
You can NOT get an infection from numbing cream

Rubyx

well i had mine touched up yesterday - and fainted. :o:o
it didnt even hurt too much xx

Oh no thats my worse nightmare is fainting especially now its got quite hot here in the uk now.

What happened Rachel?

Did u get stressed about it before hand or just get warm?

I'm so nervous its unreal.:eek:

Hi i have just had a new tat,on the underside of my wrist in the initials MG but in fancy writing.It looks great im really pleased with it wanted it done for ages but by god did it hurt! I dont know how to get a pic on here for you all to see any clues? xx

... im wanting mine re-done (1st one is a bit patchy, had it done 7 yrs ago) i've read its down to wrong needle pressure so i'm going to another place ti get it re-done and some swirls adding to it! xx

Wow, same here, I wonder if we went to the same tattooist?? :irked:
Got mine done at 18/19, went somewhere questionable, got a tatoo that is a bit pants, lol

I've found a new tattoist, has all the right knowledge & I want to go this week (if other half can have the babe!)
CAN'T WAIT!!!! :)

Think i fainted due to a mixture of nerves and the heat!! Although thats 3 times i fainted this year and the common factor in all of them has been needle!!

Didnt hurt too much at all, a lot less then the first time round, its just like someones drawing on you with a biro and pressing really hard, the first time it felt like a was being scratched to death - (before and after pics are in my journal.)

One thing i did learn was experience matters, the bloke that did mine 2nd time round has 20years plus expereience and has won loads of awards, and is 'world famous' he took one look at what i had and said it was lumpy & patchy - due to inexperience, the patchyness he could cover but the lumpyness he couldn't do anything for xx

I want a new one for my birthday next month ... I'm think of 6 stars (one for each one of my sisters) going up my ankle or on the inside of my wrist! I have a pattern in mind for my ankle but not my wrist!

Its all a bit blurred at the moment but I want something that means something to me, as my last one (my first) doesnt mean nothing, which is a shooting star on my belly. Everyone seems to be having stars now so maybe I might change the 6 stars to something else! The ideas there but, still a bit blurred!!

EllaX your tattoo looks fab. I hope mine turns out as nice!!!

Maybe you have developed a subconscious phobia of needles!!! I hope its not too serious and that you don't have to come into contact with too many needles in the future!

I don't think i'm scared of them but we'll find out soon enough.

Oh My God Peeps.

Thursday is the day and I'm cacking myself!!!

Oh My God Peeps.

Thursday is the day and I'm cacking myself!!!

Good Luck for Thursday.

I'm in the process of having one done on my lower back. The outline was done about 10 days ago and I have to go back to have it filled in as it is quite large and I wanted it done over a couple of sittings. I had my first and last tat done 9 years ago and finally decided to have this one done as a friend who is a tat artist offered to do it for free as a leaving present before we move to Oz. I won't lie and say it didn't hurt as it did and I know I'm going back for it to be finished, but the end result will be worth it so I'm happy to go back.

Helen

Well As soon as you have had it done send us a picture of it won't you ?

Rubyx

Just had mine covered last week with a more girly tatoo, it took an hour and a half and have to say i had had enough by then but i suffered it. Just found the colouring uncomfortable so scratchy but its bearable and its healing nicely now.

Just had mine covered last week with a more girly tatoo, it took an hour and a half and have to say i had had enough by then but i suffered it. Just found the colouring uncomfortable so scratchy but its bearable and its healing nicely now.

ooh sounds lovely - u got any pics?? xx

I want to post a picture but I don't know how to reduce them.

Can anyone give me a very simple step by step how to do it?

I am so excited I keep getting girly giggles to myself! How sad!!

I will be scared tomorrow though. Appointment is half 9 so at least I haven't got all day to wait.

Got a hand fan ready, gonna get bottle of water to take, having lots of dry toast for breakfast to soak up my butterflies!!!

Just don't know whether to walk or drive into town. If I walk it won't cost a fortune in parking but might not feel well enough to walk home (up a huge hill) but if I drive it will cost me yet again I might not feel well to drive but I will get home quicker!

Oh what to do?

I will be scared tomorrow though. Appointment is half 9 so at least I haven't got all day to wait.

Got a hand fan ready, gonna get bottle of water to take, having lots of dry toast for breakfast to soak up my butterflies!!!

Just don't know whether to walk or drive into town. If I walk it won't cost a fortune in parking but might not feel well enough to walk home (up a huge hill) but if I drive it will cost me yet again I might not feel well to drive but I will get home quicker!

Oh what to do?

My goodness I didn't Know so many people liked tattoos:eek:
anyway good luck with yours sweetcorn hope you feel ok afterwards :hug: x
perhaps get a taxi this time :hug: x

Oh what to do?

walk dont drive - if its on your back like mine was (the first time) - i had to drive home without my back pressing on the car seat cos it was a bit sore!

second time it wasn't too bad though and i managed to drive!! xx

Oh what to do?

You'l be fine, there not that bad where you want beable to drive hun. Yes they are a little uncomfortable but its very bareable. It gets more irritating rather then hurt. Please don't get too het up about it you will be fine. If i can do a 3 hour stint then anyone can, im such a baby...lol

IMO It hurts more the following days rather then having it done..! Good Luck

Well I've done it!!! Yey!

I had the numbing cream and didn't like the first design she showed me but we got there in the end and I LOVE IT.

It hurt a little even with the cream but after 2 hours she was then filling the leaves in and the cream had worn off and oh my god it hurt like hell.

Don't know how people do it without numbing. I could't.

I really wanna posta picture but like I said I don't know how.

Latest posts

Back