Tattoos

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done you, I have 7 and it really does depend on your pain threshold and where you have it done.

I am one of the weirdo's that like the strange sensation and find them very addictive. hence I'm booking in for a new one.

You'll have to post a pic for us all to see once it's done, but do make sure it's something you'll like for ever. I wish I hadn't rushed into some of mine as I would love one the length of my spine but already have one on the base which is too large to cover and anyway I do quite like it.

Good Luck

I don't like tattoos, is it just me.I just dont get it.They arn't so bad when they have just been done, although i dont understand why anyone wants a permanent drawing on them,but so many end up looking like a fuzzy blob.
Im not out to offend just to understand.

the only reason ever for tattoos that turn into a fuzzy blob is when the person doing the tattoo is a scratcher.
In other words NOT A TATTOOIST.
Unfortunately there are a whole lot of scratchers about .

rubyx

the only reason ever for tattoos that turn into a fuzzy blob is when the person doing the tattoo is a scratcher.
In other words NOT A TATTOOIST.
Unfortunately there are a whole lot of scratchers about .

rubyx

You have me intrigued now Ruby.
So how do people learn to be tatooists are there courses or do most tattooists learn from other tatooists ,do you always have to be very good at art or do they just follow ready made designs that you buy.I can imagine there are huge differences in skill.

Many people think that they can Tattoo
The usual way to learn is to do at least a 3 year Apprenticeship in a tattoo studio learning firstly health and hygiene ect then client care consultation .
Contra indications rules regulations (are health authority )Tattooing is an art you need to be an artist to tattoo .
It's not just about filling in ready made designs.
You need to be able to add on ,to free hand design(custom work) .
You can really damage someones skin if you don't know what you are doing.And yes there are huge differences in skill.
So not anyone can be a professional Tattooist

Ruby x

I have 4 in 1 on my upper arm and 1 on the side of my ankle.I dont mind the ankle 1 woody wood pecker but the one on my arm i do regret it was from a drunk day in Benidorm and dint know till the next day so i have had another 3 on top to try n make it look better.I was that drunk i spelt my name wrong so it got put there for life! anyway its now a bird with 2 fancy stringy things with hearts n my kids names on.They do hurt but i do like them i want 1 on my lower back but cant cos of dogy spine its hurts enuf without making it worse! good luck but go to a good tat artist as you have got it for life remember! xx

I only have one on my upper arm and it didnt hurt one bit I dont regret it because I have it done in memory of my dad so everytime I look at it I think of him :)

I have 3, lower back, inside of my wrist and my foot...

The one on my foot was the worst it hurt like hell....:Scared:

Where are you having it done on your body and what are you having done?

I'm having a black/grey ivy vine all the way up my spine!!! OUCH:cry:

I know what you are saying about making sure I am happy and I am.

I'm having it down to my bum so that when I bend over you can see it and between me shoulder blades so that its visable when I wear a low backed top or vest top but NOT visable if I wear a shirt or normal t-shirt. That way I figured I can conseal it when I'm a wrinkly old woman!!!

If I have any more and thats a big if!!! I would always make sure I could cover them cos thats just what I would feel comfy with. No offense to anyone with tats that are visable, they look fab but not for me. Also need to be able to hide from my mother! Even tho I'm 24 and married.:lol:

got 6 and if I had the money I would have more, pain, mmmmmmmmm well I've had 3 kids so my feeling is a tattoo is nothing, it does depend on where it goes and how heavy handed your tattooist is:lol: I had the numbing cream when I had the permanent makeup on my lips and it worked a treat, but you do need to apply it a good 15 mins before they start tattooing. So long as you realise they are addictive:rolleyes: go for it and don't forget we all want pics:lol:

, it does depend on where it goes and how heavy handed your tattooist is:lol:

:eek:Oh my god HEAVY HANDED TATTOOIST
it strikes me with terror imagine
THE CHEWED UP SKIN YOU WOULD HAVE :cry:

Ruby x

The ivy sounds lovely, I was going to go for something down the length of my spine but hubby says NO MORE!!!! I was going to have it in shadow colours instead of black, I like my tattoos to look a bit aged, like Ive been sat out in the sun for years and they have faded!

When youve had it done post a pic.

I will try and post a pic when its done but I've got to have 2 sittings and there is a wait untill my appointment so it won't be for a while.

Also I am useless with computers so I'll have to learn to do it first.

Since I last posted I've also told my mum!!! She was fine actually saying she knew it was coming sometime. She was a bit concerned about the size and tried to talk me into a small one first.

I had thought about this and mentioned it to the tattooist but she said don't because so many people do that and pick smaller tattoos to "practice" with and then end up with tattoos that you don't really want and have only picked for the hell of it.

Well I'll keep you posted guys!!!

Hi there

I now have 7tats over my back and then one arm band and two on my ankle. I think if I was to answer which hurt most it has to be the last one which is middle of neck and down middle of back but think that was because it took the longest. I have never had any creams or taken any tablets. Has it put me off? NO WAY still got another three designs in progress to do then I might think of giving up. hehe.:):):)

my tattoos to look a bit aged, like Ive been sat out in the sun for years and they have faded!

When youve had it done post a pic.

You could always have your Tattoos Re Coloured to freshen them up or covered up with another.
For those who do go in the sun a lot :) if you make sure you protect it with a good sun block it won't fade .

Rubyx

Hey Hun,

Yea its more of a stinging like pain, like when you have grazed yourself then spray antiseptic on it.

ive got 7 and when i had my very first one done i nearly passed out (i know thats prob not what you wanna hear) but i got threw it and i said there and then i would NEVER have another. 6 more later and i still want a few more. They are addictive!

i think a good tattooist will say that it hurts because why would you want a tattooisy who is going to do the work on you to lie, but then it preps yourself, but when people say about the pain just think everyone is different. what hurts for one might not for another. i think out of all of mine the one that hurt the most was the one i have going up my spine, and the one the i didnt even feel was my lower stomach by my hip.

ive got one at the base of my back, one going up my spine, one one my foot, one on my lower stomach by my hip, one on my shoulder, one on my inner wrist and the last one is just above my elbow.

good luck, you'l be fine.
let us know who you get on and maybe post a pic of what you get done, would be nice to see it.

xx

Hey guys,

Just wanting to hear peoples experiences of tattoos.

I'm getting my first next month and I know its gonna hurt:irked: but I'd appreciate real opinions on the pain not just the tattoo artist saying it doesn't hurt at all!!!

Also has anyone had one done with numbing cream and if so does it work? Again heard different things about this.

Cheers peeps. XxX

Hi, Well I have 8, and to be honest it all depends on where you are planning on having it. The most painful for me was the wrist. I have thighs, behind ear, back top and bottom and shoulder, and belly. Theleast painful was probably my botom of the back one. But when I say painful it is more of an uncomfortable feeling, if you get a sewing needle and drag it along your skin, it is similar to that sort of feeling. Hope you get on ok. x

I would be less concerned with the pain, and more concerned with the skill of the artist. Shop around and be sure you get a GREAT tattooist. Be sure to see pictures of their ACTUAL WORK on somene's body, and not just pictures on paper on a wall, know what I mean? Also... clean shop is important!

Recently, a friend of mine and her daughter got matching tattoos.... It was VERY hard to tell them "ohhh that's nice".
The lines weren't "clean" and well.... I've drawn better, and I'm not exactly a great artist.

Granted, tattoos are trickier than drawing on paper..... and you can't erase if you slipped and goofed, so you have to expect a certain amount of 'imperfection'.

But take your time and be sure to get a highly experienced and skilled tattooist. You're going to have this picture for life. You want it done right!

AND WE WANT TO SEE THE PICTURES!!
:green:

Latest posts

Back