Technicians who wear gloves

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just started wearing gloves for services and was wondering if anyone else who does, has worked out a way to apply disposable forms for enhancements with gloves on - they are just so sticky that I have to take the gloves off to fit the forms.

I only ever wear gloves to do treatments when my eczema is really bad, then i smother my hands in moisturiser wear cotton gloves with vinyl gloves on top. when clients ask why i explain its great to moisturise hands and because i retail the cotton gloves they normally buy :) Result!

I seldom do enhancements anymore but I don't wear gloves when I do them. However, I do wear gloves for pedicures. I do that for my own protection. Clients come in with all kinds of nasty feet and I certainly don't want to get a fungal infection.

I wear pink gloved for removing Shellac - so I don't remove my own by accident

I wear them also for feet as I know a podiatrist who advises to always wear gloves when touching feet - so I do!:p

I have also very recently started wearing gloves as I have now become allergic to the product due to overexposure.

My skin on my index and middle fingertips, for want of a better explanation 'melts' and peels. I am down to the thinnest my skin can be and it splits and bleeds so easily. I only wish I had worn them sooner to prevent this from happening x

But, yes. It is a major P.I.T.A when applying the forms!:evil:

I wear gloves when I airbrush but only on the hand that handles the nails I'm airbrushing. So that I don't airbrush my own nails, especially if I wear 3D nail art :)

I wear gloves because I have vitiligo all over my hands and with a new client I'm worried they won't like it (ie think it's contagious ...) this is something I'm going to have to overcome though as I hate wearing them !!!!

I have also very recently started wearing gloves as I have now become allergic to the product due to overexposure.

My skin on my index and middle fingertips, for want of a better explanation 'melts' and peels. I am down to the thinnest my skin can be and it splits and bleeds so easily. I only wish I had worn them sooner to prevent this from happening x

But, yes. It is a major P.I.T.A when applying the forms!:evil:

Wearing gloves is not necessary to prevent over exposure. Good education on how to avoid repeated contact with your product when working is what is necessary.

People who hold their brush too close to the bristles or who shape their brush to a point with their fingers after cleaning it are asking for problems on the fingers you mention. It should be basic education on any nail course not to do those things along with others.

Sadly you will now always have to wear protection on the affected hand.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back