Terrible leg wax!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloughers

Reaction score
Had a client tonight for full leg, bikini, underarms, brow and lash tint, brow wax and Gelish toes. Have done half leg before but apparently she likes full leg for holiday. Had a nightmare with inner thighs, I always hate full leg but she's a larger lady, size 20 and on one inner thigh the wax was just not coming off! I held as taught as I could but her legs were big and the strip was just sticking and pinging her skin. It ended up looking like it was going to bruise. She said it hurt and I felt bad. Never had this before. I did the other inner thigh with hot wax and it was fine. Wish I had used it on the other leg.

This happens to me with underarm waxes!

Maybe she was sweaty and the wax wasn't sticking properly? I am newly trained in waxing and I hate it sooo much!

Ohh jeez :( i have a larger girl
On saturday for hollywood and full leg and i am dreading the full leg and i haven't even done a hollywood since kims training but feel more confident doin that than the leg...... How did u recover.... Im petrified of bruising her as her underarm had little bruise last week cause i couldnt stretch it properly :( :(

Hi ladies
In my training they suggested dropping the calf off the bed to tighten skin in thigh area? Not sure if this will help but worth a try and give you more area to manover around the thigh.

Claire x

Hi, did you try stretching the inner thigh skin from underneath the upper leg? I find this helpful for bigger girls.

I had both her legs off the sides of the bed anyway because I couldn't get to bikini line otherwise and I pulled skin every which way but it was no good! She's messaged me this morning to say she is bruised and also under her arm and that there was a big bit of wax in her bikini line that she had to cut out with scissors! I find this hard to believe as I only did one strip each side and there was no wax left! I'm so upset as this has never happened and I really think it must be because of her being big. She also came wearing lots of mascara even though she was having a tint. I got off what I could but then asked her to do it with a make up remover wipe because when I was wiping it her lashes were disappearing into her eyes! She spent ages getting it all off and I tinted them as normal. She had very short lashes but I thought they looked good when I finished. She said it was stinging and I was surprised because a few clients have said that it doesn't sting when I do it whereas it has before at other salons. She said in her message this morning that she doesn't think it's taken and she didn't notice last night because her eyes were stinging so much! I've replied with this message what do you think?

"Hi Kirsty, sorry to hear that. Not sure what to say about the bruising, I've never had it happen before and I think it was just a case of not being able to pull the skin tight enough. (She had said last night did I think it was because she's big but you can't just say yes you're too fat to wax!) The eyelash tint should have taken as it was left on long enough but usually clients have already taken their make up off before having it done and it's very difficult for someone else to take mascara off. You did get it all off in the end so I'm surprised it hasn't taken properly. Could you send me a photo? The bit of wax on your bikini, I should have got that off but it should come off when you shower. I would like to give you a free treatment of Gelish fingers or toes when you come back from your holiday if that suits you?"

She's said yes please so hopefully that's the end of it. Still makes me unhappy because I've had so many clients who love my waxing and so many recommendations that when I get one like this it makes me doubt myself. Just a bad day I suppose!

I had both her legs off the sides of the bed anyway because I couldn't get to bikini line otherwise and I pulled skin every which way but it was no good! She's messaged me this morning to say she is bruised and also under her arm and that there was a big bit of wax in her bikini line that she had to cut out with scissors! I find this hard to believe as I only did one strip each side and there was no wax left! I'm so upset as this has never happened and I really think it must be because of her being big. She also came wearing lots of mascara even though she was having a tint. I got off what I could but then asked her to do it with a make up remover wipe because when I was wiping it her lashes were disappearing into her eyes! She spent ages getting it all off and I tinted them as normal. She had very short lashes but I thought they looked good when I finished. She said it was stinging and I was surprised because a few clients have said that it doesn't sting when I do it whereas it has before at other salons. She said in her message this morning that she doesn't think it's taken and she didn't notice last night because her eyes were stinging so much! I've replied with this message what do you think?

"Hi Kirsty, sorry to hear that. Not sure what to say about the bruising, I've never had it happen before and I think it was just a case of not being able to pull the skin tight enough. (She had said last night did I think it was because she's big but you can't just say yes you're too fat to wax!) The eyelash tint should have taken as it was left on long enough but usually clients have already taken their make up off before having it done and it's very difficult for someone else to take mascara off. You did get it all off in the end so I'm surprised it hasn't taken properly. Could you send me a photo? The bit of wax on your bikini, I should have got that off but it should come off when you shower. I would like to give you a free treatment of Gelish fingers or toes when you come back from your holiday if that suits you?"

She's said yes please so hopefully that's the end of it. Still makes me unhappy because I've had so many clients who love my waxing and so many recommendations that when I get one like this it makes me doubt myself. Just a bad day I suppose!

Your reply is great. However, I'm wondering about the tint and the 'cutting off wax'. My mum has the shortest lashes going, as does my MIL. The tint has always taken. The whole cutting off wax, I'm really thinking that she's out for a freebie. Sorry, but that's just my opinion. If you didn't see any wax, then I'm certain there wasn't any.

Your reply is great. However, I'm wondering about the tint and the 'cutting off wax'. My mum has the shortest lashes going, as does my MIL. The tint has always taken. The whole cutting off wax, I'm really thinking that she's out for a freebie. Sorry, but that's just my opinion. If you didn't see any wax, then I'm certain there wasn't any.

Got to agree on this one, I doubt there was anything there and if she has short lashes then the tint will be harder to see, If this ever happens again wait for the photo before offering any freebies as if you didn't spot wax I doubt it was there, if she send you a picture now and the tint has taken then you still owe her a gel treatment, a little bruising isn't great but can happen during waxing, stinging with the lash tint isn't ideal but you only have her word for it. I'd have been a little more formal on the txt stating that we tinted your lashes blue black and after taking the colour off and checking I was happy with the result as they had taken right the way down to the root. I'm sorry if you feel like they don't look any different, could you send me a couple of pictures?

The if it didn't look good invite her back in for a reapplication.

Thanks ladies, she did reply saying thanks and that she wasn't after a freebie but thought I should know. I don't mind doing her nails or toes, don't want an unhappy client and it did all cost her £90. It's amazing how different doing the same treatment on various clients can be. So frustrating when it doesn't go as well as it could.

Had a client tonight for full leg, bikini, underarms, brow and lash tint, brow wax and Gelish toes. Have done half leg before but apparently she likes full leg for holiday. Had a nightmare with inner thighs, I always hate full leg but she's a larger lady, size 20 and on one inner thigh the wax was just not coming off! I held as taught as I could but her legs were big and the strip was just sticking and pinging her skin. It ended up looking like it was going to bruise. She said it hurt and I felt bad. Never had this before. I did the other inner thigh with hot wax and it was fine. Wish I had used it on the other leg.

I always find a bit of powder ( femfresh) works well in these cases I know everyone says oil but if someone's already hot and sticky oil and water don't help things stick.

I got all hot and flustered just thinking about this situation. Fingers crossed she doesn't book in again!

Sorry if this has been said already Jo (not read all replies and just nipped on for a quick look).

Use hot wax on just the inner thigh on larger clients if you have trouble. More comfortable for her and less stress for you.

Sorry if this has been said already Jo (not read all replies and just nipped on for a quick look).

Use hot wax on just the inner thigh on larger clients if you have trouble. More comfortable for her and less stress for you.

Thanks Kim will do! So it's not me then, it's a normal problem? X

When I do a full leg, I pull the leg up and back (as you would with a high bikini line) and wax the majority of the back top of the thigh. It really stretches the skin.
In this kind of sticky heat, of a client is clammy I put a little talc on first too. :)

When I do a full leg, I pull the leg up and back (as you would with a high bikini line) and wax the majority of the back top of the thigh. It really stretches the skin.
In this kind of sticky heat, of a client is clammy I put a little talc on first too. :)

Thanks Zoe but back of legs were no problem, it was front inner thigh. X

Have to say I think she was after a freebie and you were more than nice in your reply. I would guarantee that after kind training that you would never leave wax where someone had to cut off.......'I for one am glad to hear about using hot wax as I have my larger client in the morning!!! Here's hoping she won't rebook for waxing and just the nails!!! :)

Work in smaller sections, get her to hold tight on the top part and when you rip hold tight on the lower section. Also use your hand to stretch both down and out by holding your hand in a L shape terrible photo but pull with both your thumb and fingers out wards, this should ensure it's being pulled tight in 3 directions.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1406350934.115529.jpg

I think you've treated your client well, with a good response. I doubt she had to cut wax off with scissors - you know when there's wax left behind. She sounds like she's a happy client now and will say good things about you. Xx

Latest posts

Back