Texting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shell28

Reaction score
Following on from a recent thread about texting clients i just wondered what other peoples views were on this??

I myself prefer to speak to clients rather than text but i do have a few clients that always text me to book there appointments and yes i do text them back.

Do you think its unprofessional if you text on occassions?

Would be really interested in people views on this:)

Sharon (who does my waxing from her home salon) always prefers clients to contact her by text - especially as she doesn't interrupt an appointment to answer the phone. I've never considered it unprofessional.

I suppose if the client is booking an appointment via text then thats ok but if you get a compliant via text then you shouldnt follow it up with a txt you should make a call as its more personal would you agree?

Texting is fine for appt bookings, however, I would never discuss an "issue" a client had via text, a telephone call is much better, professional and easier to resolve IMO. If a client text me with a 'problem' I would always ring them back to talk about it.

I suppose if the client is booking an appointment via text then thats ok but if you get a complaint via text then you shouldnt follow it up with a txt you should make a call as its more personal would you agree?

Yes - definitely call back in person if you get a complaint by text!

Texting is fine for appt bookings, however, I would never discuss an "issue" a client had via text, a telephone call is much better, professional and easier to resolve IMO. If a client text me with a 'problem' I would always ring them back to talk about it.
What Sandi said. I agree. Texting has it's place, but not for discussing issues or complaints.

I text my clients regarding appointments if I know they are okay with this manner of communication. I also text if they ask a question in a text. Likewise if the query is via email, I reply with an email.

If a serious issue were to ever arise, then I would keep conversation to letters or emails if telephone conversations became impossible eg. threatening to sue, as this way you have proof of conversation if it b
became a legal problem.

I hate this texting thing but 70% of my clients do it!!!!!! They prefer it and to have an appoint confirmed and booked via text !!! i think the truth is they like it as they can text me at 10pm and get an appoint as i usually answer where as i wont answer a call that late!!!! Its funny new ppl always call then after being to me about twicce they text!!! Very strange!! so go with what your clients like i think but as for a complaint yes def needs acall xxxx

I have some clients who call, and some who txt, and usually I will call or txt accordingly, but will call them if I feel a txt response will not suffice xx

I dont mind texts although if there was a problem i would call to resolve the issue.

some people dont like text appts but alot of my clients have kids and busy lives so prefer it, i know what its like to try and make a phonecall whenever i pick up the phone my 2 yr old gets noisy and whingy!

My regular clients always txt to book appointments or change times, but if it is a new appointment and i recieve a text i always phone the person for safety reasons mainly.

Other than that a good old fashioned telephone conversation does the job!

I usually phone a new client as I worry she may find texting a little unprofessional, but once the client has had her nails done with me I will tell her that she can text or ring.

I must say 98% will prefer to text (the other 2% just don't know how to and are getting lessons:))

My clients have all told me how they feel texing is more private as sometimes they might be in work making a sneaky appointment or they might not want their hubby to know what they're up to:)

I love the texting as I never have a problem anymore with clients who mix up times and if they need to cancel they can just text (I personally hate ringing to cancel someone so it's so much easier by text)

I dont mind regulars texting me to cancel or reschedule an appointment , but its when you get an enquiry,....how much do you charge for extensions please? well do you want gel or acrylic , ..acrylic please, french plain or with polish? french please.. thatll be such and such amount ,..do you do nail art as weell?? ..yes ,.. do you come to such n such a Road ?? yes ,can you do them within the next hour ?? No not at the moment sorry , oh ok , can you do an appointment next Tuesday eve ..and on and on it goes ..why dont you call me it would be so much easier, I wont bite honest .:confused:

i agree with missy g on that one. Sometimes you just want them to ring when it's a long winded answer. Sometimes as well i find it hard to trust a client is genuine when they text instead of ringing for their first appointment. But once you know the client it's great for both of you to communicate via text as they can text when they're at work and if im in a treatment i can text them back as soon as im finished

I find most of my clients phone the first time, then for further appointments some of them text instead. I have no problem with either way. I did have one complaint about a tan (she didn't cover up in the rain after her tan, so not really a complaint against me) via text, but just text her back to come over to see me after her work so I could take a look (I was on my way to drop kids at school/nursery). Any proper complaint I would most likely phone back, unless unable to, in which case I would maybe text to say I will phone them asap.
I would think most people would phone me rather than text if they were unhappy with the treatment though.
xx

Clients booking by text, a text from me to confirm, a text from them to cancel are all fine..

Problems, Changes etc = Phone call from me always......

I would never discuss anything via text.....If they texted me with a concern or a querie I would always ring them xx

Latest posts

Back