The Best Nail Adhesive

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mscocolee

Reaction score
In your experience what is the strongest glue around for nail tips?

I personally love Gelbond from CND and they prefer to call it adhesive as it sounds more professional hth

id recommend opi instant glue x

I personally love Gelbond from CND and they prefer to call it adhesive as it sounds more professional hth

I use it too - especially love the pink one:)

Gelbond is great! no messy liquid! :)

In your experience what is the strongest glue around for nail tips?

Geeg would have a field day... wonder where she's hiding :wink2:

There IS apparently a difference.
Glue having been made by animal by products, or some such.
Adhesive, made by something else.
Sorry, I don't really remember.

OH! Here we go, found posts by Geeg.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/87749-so-frustrated.html

True professionalism ... I in my ignorance, used to also call it glue until Doug Schoon pointed out to me that glue is made with animal by products and in fact what we use in the nail industry is a pharmaceutical grade EC adhesive and that as professionals we should call it adhesive to show that we understand what we are working with.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/83483-first-question-im-afraid-its-dodgy.html

You absolutely should not use Super Glue on a persons body apart form which, it will not do the job you want it to do.

Super Glue is INDUSTRIAL GRADE ADHESIVE and not meant for use on the human body. it is METHYL cynoacrylate and is carcinogenic as well as water soluble ... turns yellow ,,, breaks down very quickly.

In the nail industry we use (in the case of CND) pharmaceutical quality ETHYL cynoacrylate which is formulated for use on the body, is not carcinogenic and ages far less quickly being of suprerior quality and a different formulation.

I personally use IBD 5 second "glue" :)Scared: that's what it says on the bottle!!) and am very satisfied with it.
Mind you, I can't get CND gelbond as my distributor doesn't stock cnd, so I have no comparison.

HTH'S
:hug:

I use IBD 5 sec adhesive too, you can buy a brush on one too,..fabarooney:lol::lol:.

Hi
I use Backscratchers Finish Glaze. It's a very fast bond so if your confident and want to work a little faster, it's ideal. Enjoy! x

Why don't you wait and see which adhesive you're recommended for the brand you choose to do your training with?!

You're full of beans, which is great, but try not to run before you can walk chica, you've got a long road ahead of you re training and perfecting your new skills, I feel sure that you'll do it, but all in good time eh :hug:

Latest posts

Back