The Case of the Curious Compliment....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dandelionpoppy

Reaction score
No, not the title of an Agatha Christie novel.....

Each year we are invited for drinks at a friend's house, and we see people there whom we haven't seen all year.
The party was yesterday and I was given a big hug by someone, who then said, " Ooh, you look so FRESH and so...so....CLEAN!"
I'm not sure if he meant as compared with how I usually look :wink2: - but I decided to take it as a compliment! (I think......)

What unusual compliments have you been paid?

A lesbian midget grabbed my bum in a nightclub once... Said it was lovely and juicy???

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

I had a colleague when I worked at the college always tell me I looked "clean." I could never figure out just what she meant so I just took it as a compliment. Here are some comments made to me that I wasn't quite sure how to take.

"You're not nearly as 'big' as I thought you were." And she wasn't talking about my height either, honey.

"You look good for an old chick."

"How ya' doin' MILF."

I had a colleague when I worked at the college always tell me I looked "clean." I could never figure out just what she meant so I just took it as a compliment. Here are some comments made to me that I wasn't quite sure how to take.

"You're not nearly as 'big' as I thought you were." And she wasn't talking about my height either, honey.

"You look good for an old chick."

"How ya' doin' MILF."

I always get you have a lovely face and your spent funny. Ok its never followed by "for a fat girl" but i know that's what they think.

I think the most unusual was a man that said "you look different, in a nice way, but weird" lol bless him

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

A few people I worked with in my previous career always said I look 'clean'!
Better than looking like a dirty soap dodger I guess!

Saw a client on a night out recently, said hello as you do, then she said "ooh, you look really pretty with clothes on!" :eek:

I knew what she meant but had visions of what was going through the bar staff's mind as she served us!

I've had wow you look healthy kinda fuller if you know what I mean...........why not just say wow you've put on weight lol.

your really lovely looking for a curvier lady.........don't you mean plump lol

Ohh the list goes on lol.xxxx

When I think of some more I will post again.

While attending a funeral probably 15 years ago, a very rude, mean and old aunt of my husband's turned to me and said, "You packin' on the pounds, ain't 'cha?" I was 100 lbs. heavier and I was so embarrassed!

I said, "And you're packing on the years, ain't 'cha? I was excited because I thought I was attending YOUR funeral."

Last edited:
When i meet a client in the street or shops, I have often get told... Ooo you have legs!
Or gosh you're tall
:)
I'm a nail tech and don't get up from behind my desk too often

oh I didn't realise you were THAT old!

When clients see pics of me or bump into me "all dolled up" I get "wow you scrub up well" lol I must look bloody awful the rest of the time x

I Always get you sound like your mum on the phone, but they always continue to say but your mum sounds like you on the phone. Do we have the same voice or different?!?

One night out I had some stranger tell me I was too old for my friends but I looked good for my age. My cousin had said I was 40, worst part was I was the youngest of the lot :(

Had a client who turned round and said 'I love coming here, everyone is so friendly and down to earth.'
So far so good. Then she continued
'I've been to those spas and also some salons where the girls are all immaculate, pretty and slim and make you feel inferior'.
Oh thanks love!

i get weird compliements all the time,
The ones about my education come up alot, "wow your so young, you dont look like your really clever!" haha....what am i supposed to look like?! (ps i am a nerd so i take it as a compliement!)
the most recent one that cracked me up was a client who thought i should be getting a spraytan. "Wow your so pale, you know im darker than you now, have you ever thought that you should have a spraytan to let people KNOW your indian?!......nah im fine!....no really you should coz i cant tell what you are?!" ppl say the funniest things! xoxo

A few months ago in a pub a bloke told me I have great teeth. I had been whitening my teeth so obviously it was working but it makes me wonder if that's the best thing he could compliment me on :wink2:

sometimes we have a client rings up looking for the older lady (ME!!). that's a back handed one... don't mind really....age is just a number...

My B.I.L recently told me that I provide the good looks in the family! Ok so you can't be good looking and inteligent? Or do you think i'm stupid? :lol:

I've been asked a few times if I've had my lips done...I'm like nah, we've all got fat lips on my Dad's side! :lol:

I've hear quite a few. Someone said my nose looks like its been done because it is so perfect?? And there was a rumour I got my lips done. I used to hate them when little but now I like it.

Also a woman said I looked like Jessica rabbit? Not sure if that is a compliment?

I've hear quite a few. Someone said my nose looks like its been done because it is so perfect?? And there was a rumour I got my lips done. I used to hate them when little but now I like it.

Also a woman said I looked like Jessica rabbit? Not sure if that is a compliment?

Definitely good and if that's your pic you're lovely, so they're all true!

I've also had:"Have you lost weight?" Me, smoothing down my hips and feeling good,"Well, yes I have lost a few pounds" Client," NO, NO! Not off your body! Off, your face, your cheekbones look more defined. Because you've usually got quite a rounded face haven't you?"

On the other hand I was tipped off by a friend that bets were being taken within our circle of friends that I had definitely had Botox. I haven't - not yet anyway!

Latest posts

Back