The easiest quickest Uv Gel I have ever seen!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nila

Reaction score
Please watch this video, it's amazing, unbelievably easy and fast!!!

I do acrylic but after watching this I decided to go for Gel! Acrylic takes a long time for me but this Gel seems so easy and quick.

Has anyone worked with that Gel? Please let me know if you have tried it and how it is... where can we buy it in UK?

YouTube - French nail with UV Gel Nail

I've not used that particular gel but it's nothing 'new' IMO.

The tech on the video 'cheats' a bit because they've cured and built up the coverage pink in between the shots they show, the 'form' of the enhancement is also built up in between the shots they show us, so in effect it's not as fast as they want the viewer to believe!

I can get that same finish with the gel I use, and I'm sure other gel users can with their brands of gel too.
It's the longevity and strength (amongst other things) of the finished nail that's important to remember and not just how it looks to apply.

it seems quick because the video doesnt show the whole process.

they dont show the curing in the lamp and i'm fairly sure the nail has had gel to build the shape added and the filing time is not shown either.

i dont think we have that brand in the u.k yet.

the clear tip has blended it'd self , lol deffo stages missing :lol:

:lol: They definetly make it look easier then it appears and they leave out all the curing time and filing. I found Gel hard to use because it is so sticky, it takes alote of time and practice to be able to do it at smoothly as they do!!! I use NSI and love how it self levels so you don't have to play with it as much.

when you look properly on the info thats included with the vid on utube, it does explain that things have been left off the film because of time limit.

Of course they didn't show all of it... I don't know much about different kinds of Gel but as I saw in videos they are all so runny and sticky and doesn't seem easy to give shape but this one is thick and is like applying nail polish!

Of course they didn't show all of it... I don't know much about different kinds of Gel but as I saw in videos they are all so runny and sticky and doesn't seem easy to give shape but this one is thick and is like applying nail polish!

there are a few thicker ones out there, i use xtraseal by lechat and its easy to work with.
although you do see it being used like a polish, one of the things they miss off the film is the builder layer where the shape is built up to get a rounded surface , this is the bit where the application varies from the polish style.

if it were all just painted on like polish , it would result in a flat nail without any strength.

Hmmmmm It was interesting to see her holding her nail so 'Vertically.' I was waiting for her to apply a second coat of the white gel, as the first one appeared quite sparse and patchy, but the next time it went on show it was decidedly 'Even.' Can't figure out how she managed to create an apex, either? T'would be nice, but I doubt it's the new found holy grail of the gel world. Anyway, thanks for showing us. :hug:

Have a reads of this article, it should help you - http://www.salongeek.com/general-articles/35483-choosing-correct-gel.html

The 'trick' (for want of a better word) is that the full procedure wasn't shown on the video. Anyone can make gel look that quick and easy if they edit their video to only include some elements of the service.

Have a look at the following Brisa video and see what you think of that - http://cnd.com/Education/Videos/uv-gel-enhancements.aspx
You might have to register to view the video, but it's worth doing for all of the information on the site.

hth's :green:

I have to second registering on the CND site if only just to see the video's, the quality is very good

After 10 weeks training I certainly wish it was that 'easy' !

i agree with whats already been said i.e video editing etc.. which as you said you realise they have cut bits out making it look much easier and quicker than it is.you dont see the curing time,building the apex and structure of the nail,applying a second layer of white and the filing time which to be honest are all the things that make up the application time.
i would suggest getting a sample kit from a company and try it and see for yourself.
im sure it wont be a s easy as they have made it look.
good luck.x

Latest posts

Back