The Exclusive Academy Liverpool

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrincessJen83

Reaction score
Has anyone done the acrylic nail course here (used to be called diva academy)

I am booked on their course and have recently found out their 'shellac' course isn't CND so they're obviously not too proud on presenting the truth and using wowcher to get customers seems a bit cheap and desperate so now I am worried their courses may be a big naff.

I'm no snob or anything just want the best training I can get.

They use NSI in the training but I know I could just do the course direct with NSI.

Can anyone help?

Thanks xxx

Where abouts are you based? If your looking at shellac or other nail courses why not look at the Creative Academy Manchester (which is actually in Leigh) and train with CND :) xx

Where abouts are you based? If your looking at shellac or other nail courses why not look at the Creative Academy Manchester (which is actually in Leigh) and train with CND :) xx

Thanks for this. I done my CND shellac course here which was fab and the staff are amazing. But I didn't want to do acrylics or extensions with CND as my local whole sale only stocks NSI. So if I need last minute emergency stock I will be ok u see. What u think? ;) xx

Ps...I'm based on the Wirral and am willing to travel for training no probs :-D xx

Ahhhh I see your point now lol, CAM also deliver! Love the staff there, been twice this week to but stock and they always recognise their customers :) xx

Hello - thanks for the heads up - Im the CND Education Ambassador for Merseyside.
Do get in touch with Sweet Squared for the low down on all CND courses - :biggrin:
You won't regret it! :biggrin:
Good luck! :D

I had a client come in for a shrinking violet wrap the other day and whilst talking I mentioned that I was opening a second salon. She said ooh let me know if you need anyone to do nails I've just been made redundant and I did a shellac course the other day!!!! I asked where she did the training and I think it may have been the same place( we're also in Liverpool) because when I asked about her about it she said it was off wowcher or something like that and it stated it was a shellac course. She ask the trainer about it when the products weren't CND Shellac and she said she got a bit chocker and didn't know what to say, just that it was the same sort of thing!!!! I think it's pretty bad to dupe people out of their money in that way.

That's what I thought. Shellac isn't the same as gel so why advertise a shellac course when it's a uv gel course.

It's the nail extension course I'm booked on for but u know when u just have a bad feeling.....

Think I may cancel and go elsewhere.

Is the CND acrylic and extension goo stuff? Never seen anyone use that before xx

That's what I thought. Shellac isn't the same as gel so why advertise a shellac course when it's a uv gel course.

It's the nail extension course I'm booked on for but u know when u just have a bad feeling.....

Think I may cancel and go elsewhere.

Is the CND acrylic and extension goo stuff? Never seen anyone use that before xx

I would cancel ... If there is a smell, then something stinks! They are lying to you and hoodwink ing others ... Stay clear mate.

CND are more than good ... They are the top of the line. Go see them in Leigh. It is not far from you, easy to find, great people with the best products and above all ... They are genuine. If you haven't heard of CND then you haven't been to the fit salons. There are plenty of CND users in your area and usually in the better end salons.

The number for all CND enquiries in the UK (sweet squared) is 0845 2106060

I would cancel ... If there is a smell, then something stinks! They are lying to you and hoodwink ing others ... Stay clear mate.

CND are more than good ... They are the top of the line. Go see them in Leigh. It is not far from you, easy to find, great people with the best products and above all ... They are genuine. If you haven't heard of CND then you haven't been to the fit salons. There are plenty of CND users in your area and usually in the better end salons.

The number for all CND enquiries in the UK (sweet squared) is 0845 2106060

Thanks for your reply.
Going to ring them Monday morning! I loved my CND shellac training so I'm sure I will love the acrylic too xx

Julia Moran and the girls at the Creative Academy in Leigh are FAB!

I've done lots of training there and they are always really helpful, I would definitely recommend. :biggrin::biggrin:

I would personally not go with them. The teachers are lovely but i signed up for my VTCT course at Diva paid £800 and 9 months later have not received my certificates still. Although its called Exclusive Academy now i still dont trust them.

I would personally not go with them. The teachers are lovely but i signed up for my VTCT course at Diva paid £800 and 9 months later have not received my certificates still. Although its called Exclusive Academy now i still dont trust them.

I had to do the course with them in the end as they would not refund me.
It was advertised as VTCT course but I just got a lame certificate at the end for application of acrylics. Wasn't happy and the course was poor so I am going to do the acrylic course with NSI next year to gain further training. Xx

I had to do the course with them in the end as they would not refund me.
It was advertised as VTCT course but I just got a lame certificate at the end for application of acrylics. Wasn't happy and the course was poor so I am going to do the acrylic course with NSI next year to gain further training. Xx

Firstly how the hell does someone who advertises their training as VTCT get away with not giving a VTCT at the end??

This is absolutely disgusting.

Have you contacted a:) Trading Standards, b) VTCT, c) CAB d) you bank to see if you can get your money back?? You have PAID for a qualification and not received it, if you paid for it using either your debit or credit card, then can you not contact your bank to see what they say??

As that would be my first port of call. You paid for a VTCT qualification not some crappy certificate and establishments like this should be held accountable for their actions.

Honestly stuff like this makes my blood boil!!

Firstly how the hell does someone who advertises their training as VTCT get away with not giving a VTCT at the end??

Have you contacted a:) Trading Standards, b) VTCT, c) CAB d) you bank to see if you can get your money back?? You have PAID for a qualification and not received it, if you paid for it using either your debit or credit card, then can you not contact your bank to see what they say??

As that would be my first port of call. You paid for a VTCT qualification not some crappy certificate and establishments like this should be held accountable for their actions.

Sheisters everywhere.

I'm sure they were clever enough with their wording to say somewhere in their blurb that their course leads to a VCTC qual not that you pay for it and get it with the course. Money is gone .. Forget it.

I could try but I honesty think there will be some hidden clause.
They were advertising shellac course and when I rang them a few months ago when I was looking for where to do mine, they said it's not a CND course but the same method. I laughed at them and said that's funny as your advert says 'shellac' which is a CND brand.
I also reported this with Sweet squared as it's copyright.
When u look on their website now, it says 'uv gel course' then they go on to say it's the same method as shellac!! Ha so part of me is glad I made a change, but they are still tricking people and prob won't explain you can't buy shellac products after their course!!!

It does wind me up so much too xx

I live right by this academy and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone!

I did a VTCT Level 2 makeup course there the year it opened and it was awful. They were not organised at all. I went on to re-train else where! Also my certificates did not turn up for months after either. This is an on going problem I have heard nothing but bad reviews about the place since.

I think there are many of these people out there, just trying to make a quick load of money, and don't care how they go about getting it, or the stress they cause.

My advise to anyone looking do do a course with a Training Acadamy that is not an established name with a good reputation like CND, NSI, Young Nails etc, then check out with the organisations that the Acadamy claims to be accredited with i.e. VTCT, CIBTAC, who will confirm if the Training Acadamy is accredited with them.

Also, when you have completed a VTCT, VTCT are the people that issue and send you the certificates. You can also check to see if you are registered with them.

I learnt the hard way when I sent my daughter on a course local to where I live. They had a very impressive website and claimed to be accredited by several organisations. They suddenly closed down, so I decided to check out my daughters certificates. I did not get the confirmation I wanted.

It just makes my blood boil that there are people who get away with being totally dishonest. In my opinion it's fraud.

I paid for a course here , turned up today and they have done a bunk . Gutted

I paid for a course here , turned up today and they have done a bunk . Gutted

Oh no :( you poor thing that is awful. I heard only yesterday through the woman I train with now that they had gone bust!
Have u rang CAB to see where this lies legally? You should be able to get your money back as its theft.
Xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back