The flag of a brush.....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kat's Claws

Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, but I've never heard of that expression... "flag", can someone explain where is that part on the brush and why its called a flag?

Thank u,

Kat

Ooo... I can more or less answer this one (just done my CNFC and its fresh in my mind!)
The 'Flag' of the brush is the tip and its for fine and precision control.

Although why its call thus I dont have the answer doh!

Regards
Jen

The dark tips at the end of your brush....Possibly the shape...the middle is the belly and the metal part is the ferule. The flag is used to "inject" liquid into the powder and allow for precision in placement and shape...the belly holds the liquid you are injecting, and the ferule is the metal part that holds the bristles on to the handle. DO NOT ever touch any part of your brush except the handle with your fingers, this is the quickest way to give yourself contact dermatitis and chemical over exposure.

Hope this helps

You will find out much more useful info if you use this Geek site to the MAX and read ... Brush Control!! Part 2 - Getting the Angles ... in the Premium Geek Tutorials section. It's all there to help you.

Latest posts

Back