The Gift of Fear

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim Lawless

Grande Dame of the Brazilian Wax for Men and Women
Reaction score
This is such an important subject. So often, we hear, "I don't want to offend anyone". Instead of thinking about the potential customer, think about yourself, because you are more important.

Dealing with the public is rewarding, but gosh it can be hard work!

Yes very good book.I remember seeing him on Oprah Winfrey and afterwards drumming into my kids about trusting their instincts and how people can seem nice but are really being manipulative and how to get out of situations.It really is very good for us all.

Yes very good book.I remember seeing him on Oprah Winfrey and afterwards drumming into my kids about trusting their instincts and how people can seem nice but are really being manipulative and how to get out of situations.It really is very good for us all.
Yes! I saw him on Oprah (all bow to Oprah).

For those of you who didn't see him, he said that in all the years that he'd dealt with victim of crime, every one of them said they'd had a feeling about their attacker before the attack or crime.

You know I always feel a bit surprised when I read the type of threads such as 'Is this client dodgy' and the therapist says the client enjoyed the massage too much!. I want to scream Yes Yes! Them carrying on or accepting appts equals compliance. If your feelings are telling you to be aware then they are most probably correct. I am no longer surprised when all seems plausible on the outside to find that things are not what they seem when your gut tells you so. I will get this book if only to help my son. Thanks for the tip.:hug:

Hi guys. I'm often reading on here about therapists being worried or concerned when they have a 'dodgy' client. Always go with your gut instinct and here is a fab book that I would recommend to all. xx

The Gift of Fear: Survival Signals That Protect Us from Violence: Amazon.co.uk: Gavin de Becker: Books

This is an absolutely amazing book and I have read it once per year - every year for the past 5 years. It has saved me from some tough situations more than once.!

Latest posts

Back