The good, the bad and the ugly-Gelish colours!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that's pretty good timing hun. I prefer to take my time & do a really good treatment & know that my client & myself are really happy!! Obviously keeping to certain times but I really hate rushing. xx

Me too hun. Those timings are without and nail art! Haha! :-/ xxx

Ohhh I have done my very 1st love heart with gelish ! I really have never tried nail designs but I had so much fun !

Love this! Is that seafoam you have used? How did you do the heart? X

They are quite similar Holly yeah! Look totally different on the card don't they! Best thing to do as someone else has said is to google the colours & you'll get a better idea xx

Oh no :-( I even googled that one and it did look purple. Maybe they were old pics because Ive rung nail harmony and they said the formula has changed and now it's got a pinkish tinge!! It looks like its never seen purple :) x

Slightly off topic but still about Gelish...

How long does it take you to do a Gelish mani (including prep)? I'm particularly interested in hearing from those that are mobile, how long does it take from the minute you walk in the door to the minute you leave? Also, how long does it take you if you add a removal? Xxx
I try for 1hr as this is how long I take for shellac and Calgel overlays but obviously that can be longer depending on nail art ect. Add on another 10 or so for set up and pack up, rebooking and paying! Or more if we get chatting!! took 1hr 30 from walking through the door to leaving to do a soak off and re app the other night, but knew I had to get straight to another appt so I got my head down! X

Love this! Is that seafoam you have used? How did you do the heart? X

Yea seafoam, I just blobed some 'go girl' and manipulated it into a small heart with a cocktail stick.(very easy) obviously its not the best but it was easier than I thought it would be
X

Yea seafoam, I just blobed some 'go girl' and manipulated it into a small heart with a cocktail stick.(very easy) obviously its not the best but it was easier than I thought it would be
X

Have you got a dotting tool? I do all my Gelish nail art with mine. I just got a cheap one from the local warehouse with a small end and a bigger end. I'd recommend one for anyone wanting to do gel nail art xxx

Can I just ask a quick question please? I know it's slightly off topic, but it seems silly to start another thread for it... Do you think my pricing structure seems ok? I know the actual prices themselves will very from area, but does the structure seem ok? i.e. adding £10 to manicure cost? I'm trying to do it so it's simple to understand and not have too many different types of manicures going on! lol

Can I just ask a quick question please? I know it's slightly off topic, but it seems silly to start another thread for it... Do you think my pricing structure seems ok? I know the actual prices themselves will very from area, but does the structure seem ok? i.e. adding £10 to manicure cost? I'm trying to do it so it's simple to understand and not have too many different types of manicures going on! lol
Help if I attached them....Lol

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339944605.431839.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339944605.431839.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 273
Hey geeks just a quick one Vegas nights or izzy whizzy ??? Can only afford one ATM x

Has to be Izzy Wizzy:lol:

Thanks for that :)

Hey geeks just a quick one Vegas nights or izzy whizzy ??? Can only afford one ATM x

I dont have Izzy Whizzy so cannot comment on that one, I have Vegas Nights, its a lovely glitter with very small colourful pieces.

My ladies who like a bit of glitter but nothing too blingy go with Vegas Nights as its quite subtle, my other ladies who love bling go for a glitter like Waterfield as this has bigger pieces of glitter that really stand out.

I guess it depends on your clientele as to which you choose x

Before I bought sugar n spice I thought it looked very similar to gossip girl on the nail harmony website however having used both, gossip girl is much more of a deeper bright pink & sugar n spice is more of a Barbie bright pink View attachment 16403
Sugar n spice is the bright pink then at the side is carnival hangover then gossip girl. There's a real difference xx

Jojo this is one of the best colour charts i have seen as the colours are so close to reality. Could you please send us the names? Thanks.

Jojo this is one of the best colour charts i have seen as the colours are so close to reality. Could you please send us the names? Thanks.

Of course! From left to right.....
Simple sheer
Bashful
Ambiance
Tassels
Need a tan
Bronzed
Sheek white
Medieval madness
Waterfield
Light elegant
Go girl
Passion
Sugar n spice
Carnival hangover
Gossip girl
Red roses
Stand out
Tiki tiki
Tiger blossum
Orange cream dream
Don't be such a sourpuss
Seafoam
Up in the blue
Ooba Ooba blue
Caution
Jet set
Black shadow
Sweet chocolate
Diva
Cx

Of course! From left to right.....
Simple sheer
Bashful
Ambiance
Tassels
Need a tan
Bronzed
Sheek white
Medieval madness
Waterfield
Light elegant
Go girl
Passion
Sugar n spice
Carnival hangover
Gossip girl
Red roses
Stand out
Tiki tiki
Tiger blossum
Orange cream dream
Don't be such a sourpuss
Seafoam
Up in the blue
Ooba Ooba blue
Caution
Jet set
Black shadow
Sweet chocolate
Diva
Cx

Thanks for that hun.... Fab! Is there much difference between Gossip Girl and carnival hangover? There doesn't look like there is in the pic xxx

Ok I need to choose a nice blue, and I also need a gold and a silver...

Blue:
Ocean Wave
Sugar Daddy
Ooba ooba blue

Silver:
Midnight caller
Night shimmer
Emerald dust

Gold:
Allure
Bronzed
Twinkle
Golden treasure
Wicked
Champagne

As I said I need a blue, a gold and a silver from these choices? Any views as to what's most popular?
I think the gold and silver will mainly be for under Rockstar.

Thanks in advance :)

Thanks for that hun.... Fab! Is there much difference between Gossip Girl and carnival hangover? There doesn't look like there is in the pic xxx

To be quite honest chick no there isn't! I was pretty disappointed with carnival hangover as it looks more purple on the NH website than in real life x

To be quite honest chick no there isn't! I was pretty disappointed with carnival hangover as it looks more purple on the NH website than in real life x

Well I've already got the carnival hangover and was going the order gossip girl, but might not bother if there's not much difference, more pennies to spend on a different colour! Lol

Yes carnival hangover is NOTHING like the picture though!
Thanks hun ;)
Xxx

Oh, I have ordered Carnival Hangover as it looks like a bright purple :sad: I have gossip girl already and am just starting to build my Gelish collection!

Ok I need to choose a nice blue, and I also need a gold and a silver...

Blue:
Ocean Wave
Sugar Daddy
Ooba ooba blue

Silver:
Midnight caller
Night shimmer
Emerald dust

Gold:
Allure
Bronzed
Twinkle
Golden treasure
Wicked
Champagne

As I said I need a blue, a gold and a silver from these choices? Any views as to what's most popular?
I think the gold and silver will mainly be for under Rockstar.

Thanks in advance :)

I haven't got any of the blues you mention, I've got Caution and Deep Sea. Caution is nice but nobody's asked for Deep Sea.

I have Midnight Caller but wouldn't call it silver, more of a metallic grey, like a car!

Can't help with the golds as haven't got any of those, I think they are mostly glitter ones? I have Izzy Wizzy which is a sort of shimmery subtle blus glitter, nice on top of most colours.

I always use simple sheer under Rockstar if I am doing full coverage with glitter as I don't want to waste my colours and don't use Simple Sheer that much. I find all my clients want either Ambience or ACG Glisten for French so Simple Sheer doesn't really get used much.

Latest posts

Back