The good, the bad and the ugly-Gelish colours!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holly Berry, I have all four colours you mentioned & are all different.
I have layer tiger blosom & tiki tiki to give a slighty brighter tiger blossom colour which looked lovely.
Neon pink (shake it til you samba) is beautiful & along with tiki tiki probably my most popular & a completly different colour to passion.
PM me you email address & if you would like I will email you photos of the layered oranges & passion & neon pink to show you.
I never knew the neons where on special, I might get the blue, green & purple now x

Tiki tiki Laranga is totally different to tiger Blossum hun, however, I think I layered tiki tiki over red roses to tone it down slightly, I will check my colour pops tomorrow for you! Do you not have tiger Blossum then?

I can't comment on the other 2 colours though hun as I don't have them xxx
Thanks for you help hun! Back to the drawing board then. I can't afford all the colours I want but still need a selection of different ones for clients to choose from. Finding it quite hard as this colour chart is so bad!! All I have a the mo, is French, gossip girl and inseparable forces. X x x

Holly Berry, I have all four colours you mentioned & are all different.
I have layer tiger blosom & tiki tiki to give a slighty brighter tiger blossom colour which looked lovely.
Neon pink (shake it til you samba) is beautiful & along with tiki tiki probably my most popular & a completly different colour to passion.
PM me you email address & if you would like I will email you photos of the layered oranges & passion & neon pink to show you.
I never knew the neons where on special, I might get the blue, green & purple now x

Hi Emma, thanks for the advice, that would be fab if you could email those pics ( if I can work out how to message you!) It's taking way too long to choose these colours! Are they fast at delivering at nail harmony? Haven't ordered online before. X

Thanks for you help hun! Back to the drawing board then. I can't afford all the colours I want but still need a selection of different ones for clients to choose from. Finding it quite hard as this colour chart is so bad!! All I have a the mo, is French, gossip girl and inseparable forces. X x x

If you look in the Gelish lovers group hun you'll see loads of photos, also if you type the colour into google and click on images you will see lots of photos there too :) sooooo many to choose from! Lol xxx

Quick question, I am thinking of buying the neon rio collection as there is some money off it and love all the colours!! Also some of the colours appear to be similar to a couple of other colours that I really like ( although I could be mistaken as this colour card isn't brill) such as tiki tiki and tiger blossom and shake it till you samba and passion, but obviously brighter! Am I right in thinking this? If this is the case is there a colour that I could layer over the top to tone the neons down so I can have the best of both worlds?!! X

I use Taffeta (pearly finish) & Ambience (very fine glittery finish) for toning down

At a guess - If you want to tone down but still keep it a cream finish Simple sheer has a very slight pink in it. This one I am guessing might tone down but I haven't tried it layering yet. Just some clients don't like shimmers or pearl only cream finish. Maybe someone else has tried this one?????? or has a better suggestion.

I have just recieved my Gelish bits & pieces but need a Red similar to Shellac Wildfire. One of my colours I recieved is a red but it's quite transparent & need a crime opaque? Any ideas girls? :)

Sorry to be rude and but in with a different question. It's about using solar oil with gelish ? Is it ok ?
Thanks x

Sorry to be rude and but in with a different question. It's about using solar oil with gelish ? Is it ok ?
Thanks x

Good question! I was told at my training that solar oil didn't penetrate Gelish, but Geeg responded to a thread the other day and said that solar oil penetrates everything. It shouldn't impact on the durability of Gelish so I now encourage everyone to use it! Hth x

Good question! I was told at my training that solar oil didn't penetrate Gelish, but Geeg responded to a thread the other day and said that solar oil penetrates everything. It shouldn't impact on the durability of Gelish so I now encourage everyone to use it! Hth x
Thank you Wendy, as long as it won't shorten the life I would like my clients to use it x

I would say solar oil does penetrate too. Reason being I'm an hairdresser and I wore gloves to colour clients hair, but never thought about wearing them when washing clients hair and the colour stained my nails it had penetrated has it coloured my gelish a different colour. .

Ok so decided to go with the neon set (as it was on offer), seafoam, good gossip (love the sparkles), need a tan. Hope I've got a good mix and not just OTT colours! I want them now though! X

Thanks x

When I spoke to nail harmony, they said that they encourage cuticle oil to be used. So I have been up selling my solar oil the same as I do with shellac and my acrylics! X

My popular colours are:
Exhale
Tiger Blossom
Bella's vampire
Gossip girl
Rendez-Vous

Could someone help me with a nice silver/champagne shimmering Gelish colour. My grandma has got this colour of polish and now wants a similar in Gelish. Do you have any pics maybe?

Is there a colour that is similar to Shellac Wildfire? A lovely Red creme opaque? Help anyone??

Is there a colour that is similar to Shellac Wildfire? A lovely Red creme opaque? Help anyone??

Try Red Roses, I don't use Shellac so I can't tell you how similar they are in real life but just looked through a few images, seems a good match to me.

My popular colours are:
Exhale
Tiger Blossom
Bella's vampire
Gossip girl
Rendez-Vous

Could someone help me with a nice silver/champagne shimmering Gelish colour. My grandma has got this colour of polish and now wants a similar in Gelish. Do you have any pics maybe?

Try night shimmer, its a silvery colour. I havent got it unfortunately but this is what i'd say is the closest match. Or there is a glitter called champagne but its really one you'd layer not on its own. hth a little x

I have Gossip girl- Passion and Light elegant for pink colours and they are all very popular. I don't want to buy many colours specially if they are very close to each other.

I just want to know if Sugar 'n' Spice is very similar to Gossip girl??? and is it popular???

I have Gossip girl- Passion and Light elegant for pink colours and they are all very popular. I don't want to buy many colours specially if they are very close to each other.

I just want to know if Sugar 'n' Spice is very similar to Gossip girl??? and is it popular???

Here's sugar n spice hun xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339832701.431715.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339832701.431715.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 1,328
I love sugar & spice but always seems out of stock :(
When you did the dots, did you paint the accent nail with black shadow then once cured before the TIO dot on the sugar & spice?
I want to try dotting with Gelish but not sure which way round is best, thanks for any help.
Re a red like wildfire either hot rod red or red roses, both are very very similar x

I love sugar & spice but always seems out of stock :(
When you did the dots, did you paint the accent nail with black shadow then once cured before the TIO dot on the sugar & spice?
I want to try dotting with Gelish but not sure which way round is best, thanks for any help.
Re a red like wildfire either hot rod red or red roses, both are very very similar x

The dots were added a week after it was originally done hun, it was Bella's vampire! But I decided a week later to add the dots, so just applied them over the TIO and then cured the dots and added another TIO xxx

Latest posts

Back