The Nail Trainer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zringa

Reaction score

Hi I was looking for a trainer since I don't have many clients and I want to do practice. So I cannot afford to buy expensive one, and was looking at used once at ebay. i found this one which is at 19.95sterling. What you think of it? Could I put tips on and remove them?

Hi I was looking for a trainer since I don't have many clients and I want to do practice. So I cannot afford to buy expensive one, and was looking at used once at ebay. i found this one which is at 19.95sterling. What you think of it? Could I put tips on and remove them?

Hi
This one looks like one of the practice hands fastened to the same type of bracket as the nail trainer. Never used one of the hands, just my nail trainer, but I don't imagine it would stand up to a lot of practice if your going to be putting tips and overlays on etc then removing them.

For something that will last, I would get one of the nail trainers that have movable joints and replacable nail beds. Mine was a godsend for me when I was doing my foundation course.

yes exactly what I thought. So please if anyone has one which he doesn't use and want to sell it please PM me.

i personally wouldnt buy this as the only thing similar to this and the original nail trainer is the bracket.you need to get the proper one which comes from essential nails or creative.
i bought mine second hand.let me know if you want any help in what to look for.xx

Hi agree with Gilly T , you want a trainer hand thats going to do the job properly and last you a long time hun, personally i would invest and buy a proper one, i would be lost without mine and it has lasted me 5 years and its still going strong :) essential nails do the proper trainer hand and you can pay for it over 4 or 6months if moneys a bit tight there really helpful and would be able to advise you.

let us no how you get on x

I asked a similar question a few weeks back, and was advised on here that basically you get what you pay for, and that the 'official' nail trainer is perhaps a little easier to use etc
Anyway a lovely fellow Lincoln Lady saw my post and told me she had one for sale, I bought it and certainly worth paying extra than a cheaper version, as it's been brilliant for me as a newbie!

If you scan ebay long enough and place enough bids, and have some patience (my husband is muttering to me), then you will get a decent deal.

I bid for what felt like forever, again and again as I had a budget in mind.

I bid on about 9 nail trainers before I finally won an auction.

I got my one for £46, BUT it came with nothing extra, just the hand trainer, so if you add the cost of the nailbeds you talking about £60, which is still half price.
Love it, it was worth the wait, mine is called "Handy Annie" :green:

Good Luck

If you scan ebay long enough and place enough bids, and have some patience (my husband is muttering to me), then you will get a decent deal.

I bid for what felt like forever, again and again as I had a budget in mind.

I bid on about 9 nail trainers before I finally won an auction.

I got my one for £46, BUT it came with nothing extra, just the hand trainer, so if you add the cost of the nailbeds you talking about £60, which is still half price.
Love it, it was worth the wait, mine is called "Handy Annie" :green:

Good Luck

The thing is Angie, if you look at it .. this is not a genuine Nail Trainer. It is a cheap naff knock off that is probably worth about 5 quid! No use to man nor beast!! The fingers don't move the wrist doesn't move, it has not got removable nail beds .. it is not a genuine nail trainer. The person selling it is trying to scam the buyer. Typical Ebay.

Hi hun!

I am hiding my head in shame, but I bought one of these hands and three of the practice fingers, why i bought another two after the first useless one I dont know, but anyway, after wasting my money on these I finally got a nail trainer and it was love at first site, she is so easy to use and its so much better than the others, which I have now thrown in the bin. My hubbie and I both bid and bid on several different ones until I got one at my budget.

I would wait until you can afford a nail trainer hun because I cant imagine life without mine now.

:hug:

The thing is Angie, if you look at it .. this is not a genuine Nail Trainer. It is a cheap naff knock off that is probably worth about 5 quid! No use to man nor beast!! The fingers don't move the wrist doesn't move, it has not got removable nail beds .. it is not a genuine nail trainer. The person selling it is trying to scam the buyer. Typical Ebay.

I have an ebay shop and I don't try to scam anyone Geeg. I agree that this is a piece of rubbish set up to trick unsuspecting individuals like you say but I wouldn't say that this is typical of ebay. jmo

When I did my training we were asked to fill 'marigold' gloves with rice and then stick tips onto the fingers, this worked fine or if I was just practising getting smile lines perfect then I just stuck tips onto my nail tip box with blue tack and then worked on them!
I do now have the nail trainer (bought off Ebay)and as the others have said if I were you I would wait until you can get to buy the real thing but in the mean time why not try the glove or blue tack route!!

I have an ebay shop and I don't try to scam anyone Geeg. I agree that this is a piece of rubbish set up to trick unsuspecting individuals like you say but I wouldn't say that this is typical of ebay. jmo

I'm sure what you do is all above board, but it isn't I who have given ebay its terrible reputation.

I personally believe that ebay is the biggest 'fence' for stolen goods in the world.

I also, like everyone else, have heard enough 'tales' about scams and cheap nasty goods and bottles filled with 'other stuff' etc. to have formed my own opinion on it being pretty typical.

As usual, others always spoil the reputation of the 'good' guys.

Hi agree with Gilly T , you want a trainer hand thats going to do the job properly and last you a long time hun, personally i would invest and buy a proper one, i would be lost without mine and it has lasted me 5 years and its still going strong :) essential nails do the proper trainer hand and you can pay for it over 4 or 6months if moneys a bit tight there really helpful and would be able to advise you.

let us no how you get on x
This is how I got my nail trainer and I paid for it over 4 months because money was tight, the lady I spoke to was really helpful. I wouldn't be without it now, please get one of these ones and not the one off ebay.:hug::)

I'm sure what you do is all above board, but it isn't I who have given ebay its terrible reputation.

I personally believe that ebay is the biggest 'fence' for stolen goods in the world.

I also, like everyone else, have heard enough 'tales' about scams and cheap nasty goods and bottles filled with 'other stuff' etc. to have formed my own opinion on it being pretty typical.

As usual, others always spoil the reputation of the 'good' guys.

You're right of course about the bad spoiling it for the good. And a lot of people will think it's typical of ebay but that's because it's only the 'bad' that gets passed on, none of the good. Shame really.

i think ebay is great and i buy alot of items off there, i agree that this nail trainer isnt a genuine thing and its not worth a penny and its useless but there are alot of good sellers on there with good quality items you just need to read the feedback before you buy if its bad then you dont buy.

This is how I got my nail trainer and I paid for it over 4 months because money was tight, the lady I spoke to was really helpful. I wouldn't be without it now, please get one of these ones and not the one off ebay.:hug::)

Can you give me the site where i can pay this and pay it over 4 months please?

Thanx suzie49, I have only just got back on and read the post asking for the link. bad wisdom tooth. lol xxx or ow ow xxx

Thanks geeg, but I was in fact talking about a genuine 'nail trainer' and not the one that the thread was started about.
I for one have - touch wood - have never had any problems with ebay and will continue to shop there, and when I have finished with my nail trainer, onto ebay it will go, as a bargain for someone else who is as strapped for cash as me!! :green:

I would not, as I have said in another post, spend more than £50 or what I could comfortably afford to lose on a single item from ebay. I use ebay for nicnaks, useful ones, that tickle my fancy. I, personally, choose not to buy nail liquids/powders or any electrical items, but other than that, ebay is my oyster!! :green:

Ive got a nail trainer thats lying around if anyone is interested. Ive also got a box of the nail beds aswell, only used 1 out of the new lot i bought. If interested, PM me. xx

Latest posts

Back