THE NEXT BIG THING ?.... new application method

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20min for an infill??

DOES THIS WORK FOR UV GEL TOO????

pretty please?

OMG, I'm going absolutely INSANE with impatience :cry:

I could really really use a new trick to speed things up to free up more of my time.
DESPERATELY

SOMEONE PLEASE get a pirate video
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

20min for an infill??

DOES THIS WORK FOR UV GEL TOO????

pretty please?

OMG, I'm going absolutely INSANE with impatience :cry:

I could really really use a new trick to speed things up to free up more of my time.
DESPERATELY

SOMEONE PLEASE get a pirate video
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hi Victoria take a look at page 14 Geeg says gel too :hug: x

I see tremendous opportunities for many many nail technicians to be more commercial in their businesses. Isn't that why we are all in business? If not then you are just doing nails as a hobby!

I see a chance to up the level of service to the customer. Yes, lets face it, we moan and complain all the time about BAD nail technicians who give the good ones a bad rep! This is a chance to really enhance the quality of work for thousands of techs which will be good for the whole industry.

This thread has got right on my nerves, and (above) Gigi has just perfectly outlined the reasons why:

Too many techs are kidding themselves that they are in this profession because they are an artist, they are passionate about nails etc. Rubbish. The vast majority of us are doing this first and foremost to make a living, me included. There's no shame in admitting that, we all have to earn a living. I love doing nails, its always a pleasure and I never get bored, but if I wasnt getting paid for it, I wouldnt be doing it, and I'm sure most of you wouldnt either. So, that in mind, we should reserve all judgement on this new method until we've seen it. After all, the prospect of being able to do a full set professionally and in 30 mins is quite exciting, as this means we can make more money out of what we do for a living. (the minority of techs who are genuine artists are still free to apply using the traditional method, but for earning your living, whats better? £30 for 2 hours work, or £30 for 30 mins work?)
I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I hope the new method does make application easier, I would love a way to improve my finished product, I'm always looking for ways to improve. More experienced techs are clearly worried that this new method is going to open the profession up to less skilled techs, but surely there is no substitution for experience, no matter how easy this new method may be?

POPITS Prep It Up, Pop It On, Pinch It Off Dual System Forms:
A new and revolutionary method of dual system form application, endorsed by Gigi Rouse. PopIts are available Exclusively from Sweet Squared, and give you ten perfect nails - every time!!

PopIts can be use with any Liquid & Powder System. You can have a complete full set of sculpted nails or tip and overlay in 35 minutes with no corner cutting on prep!

If you ever thought you couldn’t do nails using liquid & powder... well now you can!

Call 0845 210 6060 for your free sample

Geeg, can you please tell me if there will be an online tutorial for Aussie geeks because We cant make it to your big day of showing everyone.
They are forms which means that we have to buy something new, I thought that you said we wont have to purchase anything?? Oh now I'm confused

Geeg, can you please tell me if there will be an online tutorial for Aussie geeks because We cant make it to your big day of showing everyone.
They are forms which means that we have to buy something new, I thought that you said we wont have to purchase anything?? Oh now I'm confused

Didn't think of that, maybe the reason you dont have to purchase anything is because you can get a free sample????? But that does mean in the future you will possibly have to purchase more, unless they are reusable. Now i'm confused, lol.
So many questions, Can't wait, so excited, 6 more days to go......................................... :) but also :green::cry: because i doubt i can go, but still working on it. Still have the tutorial to look forward to :).

I've understood it from Gigi to mean you can use these with any manufacturers system and won't have to chance product line, although I'm sure they'd be delighted for you to convert to CND off the back of it. However that isn't actually necessary.

I'm really not assuming they are going to invest a weeks worth of demo's and a whole load of PR into something that doesn't make Sweeet Squared some money along the way.....and quite right too! This is business and needs to be profitable for everyone!

I've understood it from Gigi to mean you can use these with any manufacturers system and won't have to chance product line, although I'm sure they'd be delighted for you to convert to CND off the back of it. However that isn't actually necessary.

I'm really not assuming they are going to invest a weeks worth of demo's and a whole load of PR into something that doesn't make Sweeet Squared some money along the way.....and quite right too! This is business and needs to be profitable for everyone!

Yes I agree that they have to make money, by the way i am already training with CND now in Australia!
My point is she said many times over
"You will not have to purchase anything you can use all the products that you already have, this is not a new product its a new method"
But from all the links on this thread we can all see now that we will indeed need to buy new forms, to be able to do this new method. I cant understand why we would have been told there is nothing new to buy just use what you have when indeed we need to buy new items??
I really want to know if there will be an online tutorial so that those of us who miss out on going still get to see it!!

I've been following this thread with great interest, and I keep hoping for the "how" each time I pop on (no pun intended).

What I've found VERY dissappointing with this thread is the amount of negativity I've seen everywhere.
It's disheartening.
Now, while I don't agree with everyone all of the time.. and while many of us agree to 'disagree'...

One thing is clear: Gigi is a woman to be respected. She KNOWS this business and KNOWS what's best for us. She wouldn't stear us wrong. She has devoted MANY hours upon hours to helping other geeks WITHOUT earning a red cent for it.

I understand that it's hard to be patient.... I'm the worst of the bunch I fear... :o
HOWEVER, there's no need for conjecture nor negativity at this point.
Both are a waste of energy. As a wise singer once sang "Que Sera, Sera" (What will be, will be) (and yes, I know the whole song word for word LOL)

Let's just sit and wait for the tutorials and the pictures and the videos and THEN we can all be happy lil campers and say a HUGE thanks to Geeg for ONCE AGAIN showing us the light......

Yes I agree that they have to make money, by the way i am already training with CND now in Australia!
My point is she said many times over
"You will not have to purchase anything you can use all the products that you already have, this is not a new product its a new method"
But from all the links on this thread we can all see now that we will indeed need to buy new forms, to be able to do this new method. I cant understand why we would have been told there is nothing new to buy just use what you have when indeed we need to buy new items??
I really want to know if there will be an online tutorial so that those of us who miss out on going still get to see it!!

The only thing you will need to buy is the new dual forms :) Everything else you will already have either l&p or gel and buying the forms will not break the bank I am sure they will be good value for money.

I've been following this thread with great interest, and I keep hoping for the "how" each time I pop on (no pun intended).

What I've found VERY dissappointing with this thread is the amount of negativity I've seen everywhere.
It's disheartening.
Now, while I don't agree with everyone all of the time.. and while many of us agree to 'disagree'...

One thing is clear: Gigi is a woman to be respected. She KNOWS this business and KNOWS what's best for us. She wouldn't stear us wrong. She has devoted MANY hours upon hours to helping other geeks WITHOUT earning a red cent for it.

I understand that it's hard to be patient.... I'm the worst of the bunch I fear... :o
HOWEVER, there's no need for conjecture nor negativity at this point.
Both are a waste of energy. As a wise singer once sang "Que Sera, Sera" (What will be, will be) (and yes, I know the whole song word for word LOL)

Let's just sit and wait for the tutorials and the pictures and the videos and THEN we can all be happy lil campers and say a HUGE thanks to Geeg for ONCE AGAIN showing us the light......
I agree with you, why all the negativity peeps?? This is going to be great for all techs, just wait and see!! I'm sure alot of you will be upset with your selves when you see the new Method/products for your self and wonder why you were being negative! I cant wait for it i just wish I could know if there IS going to be a tutorial/video for us who miss going!
its like waiting for christmas!!

The only thing you will need to buy is the new dual forms :) Everything else you will already have either l&p or gel and buying the forms will not break the bank I am sure they will be good value for money.
I know its not going to break the bank, my point is, why were we told we wouldnt have to buy anything new when in fact we do!!
Also will the forms be available in Australia??

I know its not going to break the bank, my point is, why were we told we wouldnt have to buy anything new when in fact we do!!
Also will the forms be available in Australia??

Not sure where you were told you wouldnt have to buy them ?? So cant help on that one babe.
I am sure they will be available to Australia because I know Sam did have plans to start selling sweet squared products online, Not sure if this is still in the pipeline.

A few geeks on here have been talking about buying electric files (including myself) to help with problems such as RSI and help to speed up their time. It sounds like this new method could avoid us having to do that and therefore save a couple of hundred quid, that sounds good to me!!

its a new application meathod for you to use with whatever products you already use....its just the meathod..not the products

Ok just to clear things up as Angie as written the demo's are to show everyone a new application method. Although to use this new method you will need to purchase the new popit dual application forms at some point :)

A few geeks on here have been talking about buying electric files (including myself) to help with problems such as RSI and help to speed up their time. It sounds like this new method could avoid us having to do that and therefore save a couple of hundred quid, that sounds good to me!!

Yep you will be saving money and that can only ever be a good thing :hug:

Not sure where you were told you wouldnt have to buy them ?? So cant help on that one babe.
I am sure they will be available to Australia because I know Sam did have plans to start selling sweet squared products online, Not sure if this is still in the pipeline.
Geeg had posted a few weeks back in a different thread that we wouldnt have to purchase anything new.
I hope that they will sell them online because i would hate to miss out. :irked:

I wonder if they will be available for toe nails, that would be brill, not having to have clients feet on your lap for a long time whilst you are perfecting a french!

I wonder if they will be available for toe nails, that would be brill, not having to have clients feet on your lap for a long time whilst you are perfecting a french!
Ohhh I never thought of that, wow it would be fab!! Now that would make life easier....

Ohhh I never thought of that, wow it would be fab!! Now that would make life easier....

Yep, and getting the nail art done before even touching the toe (after prepping of course)! Embedding, glitters, the more I think about it, the more I like it. I just wish I could go to the demo but I just can't get there.

I just wish I could go to the demo but I just can't get there.

all us lucky ones that ARE going to the demo's will no doubtedly post on here to tell their opinion.

some good, and there will be the negative ones too - i dont doubt that for a minute,

my opinion - wait and see - ive got 10 days to go (not that im counting lol)

ill let you know what i thought of it

Latest posts

Back