THE NEXT BIG THING ?.... new application method

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The suspense is killing me so much I even dreamt about this last night - I was at the demo and Geeg was doing my nails (wishful thinking)

This is how it was done in my dream anyway!!
Acrylic put on nail - then put a plastic form over the nail, press down - wait for acyrilic to dry then peel it off like u do a normal form.

If that is right then i am a psychic, and im having a career change to become mystic EllaX x

I personally have chosen not to look at where that link leads, I don't want to ruin this lovely sense of anticipation that I have and I am convinced that whatever Geeg has to show us is worth waiting for, to see it done properly and also how to get the best from it.

This is just my own opinion and I trust that everyone else will make their own too.

Sam x

this is only good for lazy chinese techs that think all about making money.

come on! what the whole point in this????????????????:irked::irked::irked:

sorry but whats being chinese got to do with anything !!

you dont think lazy techs of other nationalities might benifit too?

i am always of the opinion 'dont knock it until you've tried it'
so i'll keep an open mind until then.

:eek::eek:

Wow! :eek::eek:

Be very careful, how do you know that there aren't some very good techs on this site from a Chinese origin?

Whether the new system turns out to be like those in the links or not, there is absolutely no need for ignorance and being offensive.:rolleyes:

if i was Geeg i think i would be feeling quite disappointed in the way this thread is ending up...go back and read the first lot of pages....it started on such a high and with so much excitement...positive and happy....now all this rubbish just bringing it down.

please lets get it back on track....its new, its exciting and its a free demo....and people are going to alot of trouble bringing it to us....so whether its up your street or not...no-one is saying this is the way...just this is another way !!! the choice is still yours.

I'd hate to see an industry that never changes...never brings out something new...always the same old same old...wouldnt it get boring...?

if i was Geeg i think i would be feeling quite disappointed in the way this thread is ending up...go back and read the first lot of pages....it started on such a high and with so much excitement...positive and happy....now all this rubbish just bringing it down.

please lets get it back on track....its new, its exciting and its a free demo....and people are going to alot of trouble bringing it to us....so whether its up your street or not...no-one is saying this is the way...just this is another way !!! the choice is still yours.

I'd hate to see an industry that never changes...never brings out something new...always the same old same old...wouldnt it get boring...?

angie - thankyou - you just took the words right out my gob - it seems that alot of peep putting this down without even trying it - seems to me that anything they can find to pull geeg down is good - well im sorry for those that want to do this , cos by god you WILL be sorry - mayybe those peeps should have more faith in what geeg says and does - you WONT BE SORRY

just have faith peeps - everyone is with geeg when she says x + y = z but when she says something new , that you all not too sure about seems to be you all blagging it - i may have got this wrong - but just GIV IT A CHANCE - peeps that are blowng it off maybe the ones that are the first ones to actuually use this system - sorry - rambling - and yes im sticking up for my big sister

Hear hear, if I had a beer in my hand I'd drink to that. :hug:

Yeay, well said hun. I tried to rep you but i need to spread some lurve.....

Oh well, here I go spreading!

Please people.......ENJOY! At least until you know if its for you or not! And if not, well then appreciate that it may well be the thing for someone else.....and they don't have to be of any particular nationality!

Please people.......ENJOY! At least until you know if its for you or not! And if not, well then appreciate that it may well be the thing for someone else.....and they don't have to be of any particular nationality!

Yes and I would like to add to all the people trying to bring this thread down let us who are intrested and want to add other things to our service do that without the bitching and snid remarks ............Thanks:)

Well I am far from a lazy tech.
I will spend 3 hours perfecting a set of nails that I can see flaws in....not because I am slow ...but because I want to give my client a set I am happy with...

(this isn't the norm for me, on a normal set etc...but yes it does happen)

Now I WILL be giving these a go...not because I am lazy...but because why wouldn't I ?

If i can give a client a set of nails in half an hour that look lovely...have strength etc....then why the hell wouldn't I do it ?

come Christmas when we have clients in and out...in and out.....in and out...(with a professional set ...professionally applied )

Who will be moaning then ??....not us :lol:

People have asked what separates us from NSS (of any nationality)
erm......professionalism...training....the urge to perform to the best at all times....

we are NOTHING like NSS

BRING ON THE NEW TECHNIQUE :green:

Well I am far from a lazy tech.
I will spend 3 hours perfecting a set of nails that I can see flaws in....not because I am slow ...but because I want to give my client a set I am happy with...

(this isn't the norm for me, on a normal set etc...but yes it does happen)

Now I WILL be giving these a go...not because I am lazy...but because why wouldn't I ?

If i can give a client a set of nails in half an hour that look lovely...have strength etc....then why the hell wouldn't I do it ?

come Christmas when we have clients in and out...in and out.....in and out...(with a professional set ...professionally applied )

Who will be moaning then ??....not us :lol:

People have asked what separates us from NSS (of any nationality)
erm......professionalism...training....the urge to perform to the best at all times....

we are NOTHING like NSS

BRING ON THE NEW TECHNIQUE :green:

Hit the NAIL on the head with that Ems here here :)

Oh that's a shame you feel that way. I wish that I could get to Leeds to see this demo but it is too far and I will have to wait for the tutorial. I have not posted on this thread before as I cannot go, however, I feel that what you have posted shows lack of respect for such a valued member of the nail world, I have complete faith in Gigi as many others have.

RE to your question what is the whole point in this, well that's quite simple, the nail world moves on and if you don't want to be left behind, you have to be open to new ideas and methods.

angie - thankyou - you just took the words right out my gob - it seems that alot of peep putting this down without even trying it - seems to me that anything they can find to pull geeg down is good - well im sorry for those that want to do this , cos by god you WILL be sorry - mayybe those peeps should have more faith in what geeg says and does - you WONT BE SORRY

just have faith peeps - everyone is with geeg when she says x + y = z but when she says something new , that you all not too sure about seems to be you all blagging it - i may have got this wrong - but just GIV IT A CHANCE - peeps that are blowng it off maybe the ones that are the first ones to actuually use this system - sorry - rambling - and yes im sticking up for my big sister

Hear hear, if I had a beer in my hand I'd drink to that. :hug:
Well said girls!!
Yes, it has been a long wait but, I agree it is all NEW and nobody is forcing anyone to change.
I can't get to Leeds but I'm sure those that can will have a great time, learn something new and then can make their minds up.
Gigi is just NOT going to be behind crap - now is she ?

Hi Nail Geeks. I went and spent the day with Geeg on Friday and she very kindly gave me a demonstration of "The Next Big Thing" - you'll just flip when you see it - it's wonderful, you'll be amazed. Don't miss out - get to Leeds if you can.

im not dissing them at all - i think it would be an other alternative to add onto your list - some clients like to be in and out, others cant sit too long, don't knock it until you tried it thats all i say! x

I have ignored your first comment because racism isnt my thing:eek:

The point in this is to add more options for our clients which will mean more clients and more money So I would say to any tech out there who wants to succeed in this industry trust those who have been around a longtime in it and who know their stuff :) So thats the point :)

I don't know if this new thing is going to appeal to me or not, but I get to meet up with a tech I don't know, I'm meeting Warwick Wendy on route, I get Gigi to sign my book, I get a day out doing girlie stuff, I might even wear a skirt:eek: and I get to pick an experts brain and all its going to cost me is half the fuel money. Then whether I'm impressed or not, I can come on here in the evening and spend some time with some inspired geeks, because there is nothing like a show or demo or a comp to get the creative juices flowing on here. No pun intended:lol:.
So lets stop the moaning (save it for the pm's) and lets look forward to something us women excel at and thats networking.
There are a lot of opportunities attached to a day like this. Its your career not a play time hobby and as such should be greeted with an open mind, not a sneer. At the very least when your clients come to you in the future you will be able to tell them why you do, or don't, offer this service sounding like a professional rather then the village idiot. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back