THE NEXT BIG THING ?.... new application method

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this new method going to make it easier for us? I've just started and am stressing out already!

I would love to see it also but live in South Wales so won't be able to get to Leeds, will they be showing it elsewhere?

Is this new method going to make it easier for us? I've just started and am stressing out already!

I would love to see it also but live in South Wales so won't be able to get to Leeds, will they be showing it elsewhere?

I am sure there will be demo's etc after the Leeds event:)
I am sure it will help you :)

Ok, so I've read ALL the posts on this thread (and it's taken me flippin' ages!! :eek:) and this is my view!

I think that we all approach our business differently. Some have more money to spend than others therefore some offer a more varied service list. You really can only offer what you can afford ie. training and new products cost money. But, I'm also of the opinion that this industry is ever changing, and as was pointed out in an earlier post, if you don't push yourself to try new things you'll be left dispanding your business while other's around you are thriving.

Now, if this is the new method (and I'm not saying that it is) I'm not sure that it's for me as to be honest I do way more rebalances that full sets but that's not to say it won't benefit me. I don't think we should ever discredit something we don't know anything about. I, however, have more pressing issues such as my RSI :eek:! Therefore, at the moment, I am looking more at getting an efile (don't shoot me!!) purely to take a lot of the strain off my wrist during filing and, this costs money.

BUT, my point is, it costs nothing to go and have a look!! We get to meet other geeks :hug: and have a very informative day with a legend that is only going to cost a minimal amount to get there. Nobody is saying that you have to use this method or buy anything (although if you're anything like me I just can't help myself - kid, candy store - catch my drift!! :lol:) but you may feel that it will benefit you at a later date. At least, you will already have seen how it's done PROPERLY before you have your training.

I'm going to shut up now cos I've waffled far too much! This is just purely my opinion and everyone has the right to theirs also. I just hope that we are all fair enough and passionate enough to appreciate new systems and methods and respect the fact that industries do evolve. We either move with it or without it - it's your choice.

I have just thought also.

say your business is running a little slower than you would like ....:cry:
Phone rings yayyyyyyy...you pick it up all ready to take a booking that you know may lead to more bookings from the happy client you hope to have...

You !
hello this is blah blah speaking how may I help you (and no this isn't what i say but you get the gist )

Potential client !
Oh hello...I'd like to book in to have my nails done please..but I am a little short for time in between work and kids...I have once had them done by a tech in another town with the new technique...I'd like this done please .

You !
:eek: erm....I'm sorry madam I don't offer that service.

Lost client !
Oh OK , well thank you for your time..do you know of any technicians in the area that do offer this service ?

See where I am coming from....the more of us who do take the time to discover new products...techniques...training...the more popular and well known to the clients They will become...leaving you waiting for the phone to ring..knowing such a such a tech..has just gained the client you lost, because you didn't open your eyes to the ever changing world of "the nail technician".

My main goal in this little carer of mine...is to take as much training as I can squeeze in, in as long a time as it takes.
I don't really like gel tbh...but I am planning on taking a course with it next year as clients want it
yes I can try to change their minds as I love l+p...but I think as A nail technician, I should be able to offer all services

I don't understand how people who havent yet seen Gigi demonstrate this method the professional way diss it..
just as i couldn't say
OMG its the best thing i have seen since tip cutters !!
because I havent seen it done...so how can we judge wether we will like it or not ?

Give it a go....then decide

to be honest I do way more rebalances that full sets but that's not to say it won't benefit me. I don't think we should ever discredit something we don't know anything about. I, however, have more pressing issues such as my RSI :eek:! Therefore, at the moment, I am looking more at getting an efile (don't shoot me!!) purely to take a lot of the strain off my wrist during filing and, this costs money.]

Goodness gang don't we geeks do an awful lot of analysing:lol:

This method is just as good for rebalancing as it is for new sets. (please don't be annoyed with me for having seen it already:lol:, the Educators have to learn the technique in order to be able to show it to all you peeps that can't get to Leeds)

As for filing strain...you are going to sooooooo love this method....everyone is getting very hung up on the time-saving aspect, which is fantastic, but the FINISH is just to die for, what you will save in filing is hard to believe until you have SEEN that SHINE and FELT that finish with NO, yes NO filing!!!

Now I better shut up or I think I might just get lynched:smack:

Ok, so I've read ALL the posts on this thread (and it's taken me flippin' ages!! :eek:) and this is my view!

I think that we all approach our business differently. Some have more money to spend than others therefore some offer a more varied service list. You really can only offer what you can afford ie. training and new products cost money. But, I'm also of the opinion that this industry is ever changing, and as was pointed out in an earlier post, if you don't push yourself to try new things you'll be left dispanding your business while other's around you are thriving.

Now, if this is the new method (and I'm not saying that it is) I'm not sure that it's for me as to be honest I do way more rebalances that full sets but that's not to say it won't benefit me. I don't think we should ever discredit something we don't know anything about. I, however, have more pressing issues such as my RSI :eek:! Therefore, at the moment, I am looking more at getting an efile (don't shoot me!!) purely to take a lot of the strain off my wrist during filing and, this costs money.

BUT, my point is, it costs nothing to go and have a look!! We get to meet other geeks :hug: and have a very informative day with a legend that is only going to cost a minimal amount to get there. Nobody is saying that you have to use this method or buy anything (although if you're anything like me I just can't help myself - kid, candy store - catch my drift!! :lol:) but you may feel that it will benefit you at a later date. At least, you will already have seen how it's done PROPERLY before you have your training.

I'm going to shut up now cos I've waffled far too much! This is just purely my opinion and everyone has the right to theirs also. I just hope that we are all fair enough and passionate enough to appreciate new systems and methods and respect the fact that industries do evolve. We either move with it or without it - it's your choice.

To cover the 3 points in RED

1. I just did the third rebalance last Monday on my nails using the new method. It took me 20 minutes!! Yes ... 20 minutes. You will see them in a week. TWENTY freakin' minutes doing my own nails! And they are perfect.

2. Forget the drill ... Final buffing is completely eliminated. Forget about RSI it will be a thing of the past.

3. Exactly! Come and have some fun ... meet ... talk ... network ... learn ... be amazed ... laugh ... and make friends. Work should be fun!! Not one exciting thing has happened in the nail industry in YEARS. Until this. THIS is exciting. If you :zzz:you Loose! XX

By the way ... wee Fi is going to be with us and helping me with the demos so hopefully every single person will go away with an example on one of their own nails. We might even have a chance to play a bit too and let you have a go so come with one or two free nails to do.

1. I just did the third rebalance last Monday on my nails using the new method. It took me 20 minutes!! Yes ... 20 minutes. You will see them in a week. TWENTY freakin' minutes doing my own nails! And they are perfect.

so we can use this to rebalance too....?

you know what ... the last page of this thread is great ....

we all trust in what Gigi is going to show us even if we 'think' we know what it is ..and because we ' might' have worried at first .. but for us who take far too long and do a good job NEED to compete with the 'half a job Harry's' out there. I've lost clients in the past who don't want to sit in my chair for 1 1/2 to 2 hours (yep I know I'm boring!) who have been other places and can get a set on in under the hour .. yeah they might not last but they only want them for the weekend/event/prom/wedding...... so aren't looking at the long term

yep I'd rather have the long term clients who value my work and who are going to look after it .. but you know what .. I want the others aswell ..... with out their natural nails being butchered and still getting a proper service, maybe then not as many people won't moan about how enhancements damage their natural nail !!

looking forward to adding this on to my menu ....... even if I don't know what it is!!!

you know what ... the last page of this thread is great ....

we all trust in what Gigi is going to show us even if we 'think' we know what it is ..and because we ' might' have worried at first .. but for us who take far too long and do a good job NEED to compete with the 'half a job Harry's' out there. I've lost clients in the past who don't want to sit in my chair for 1 1/2 to 2 hours (yep I know I'm boring!) who have been other places and can get a set on in under the hour .. yeah they might not last but they only want them for the weekend/event/prom/wedding...... so aren't looking at the long term

yep I'd rather have the long term clients who value my work and who are going to look after it .. but you know what .. I want the others aswell ..... with out their natural nails being butchered and still getting a proper service, maybe then not as many people won't moan about how enhancements damage their natural nail !!

looking forward to adding this on to my menu ....... even if I don't know what it is!!!

Oh how i love positivity!! :hug:

I think anyone who feels threatened by this method or negative can't be such a great technician. They obviously don't feel on solid ground.

Not one person on this site is more passionate about nails and doing great nails than I am ... NOT ONE ... and I am loving every minute of perfecting this method. OH yes ... perfecting because the great technicians are going to be even better than the ones who are not but the ones who are not are going to be a million times better than they were.

Well Oh me Oh my. What has happened????????????

I am new to this, i dont have much experience and i dont have a lot of confidence, BUT i know enough to know i TRUST geeg in her abilities and her experience. This will NOT be some silly waste of time nor do i believe this will be a stupid marketing gimmick. Geeg has an excellent reputation in this industry that proceeds her and if there is one person on this site that has EARNED respect its Geeg (NOT THAT I AM SAYING NO ONE ELSE HAS :eek:

I will eat my hat and my shoes if im wrong, but someone will have to tell me because i cant go :cry::cry::cry:

What i am trying to say is that i would be very surprised if it was a load of old twallop, Because Geeg has her backing on this and if she loves it then to me that says a lot.

OK OK i have sucked up enough, time to go to bed.

Night Night XX

To cover the 3 points in RED

2. Forget the drill ... Final buffing is completely eliminated. Forget about RSI it will be a thing of the past.

Hi Gigi, im going to come, sounds very intriguing, especially if rebalancing can be done quicker! answer to my prayers! haha.

If i like what i see, will i be able to buy the new system whilst i am there?

thanks x

Maybe this has already been asked but I missed it - but is this new technique coming to Australia soon - or is anyone here teaching it or demonstrating it yet?

Hi Gigi,

Have I understood this correctly, that there is a new application method you have found that would take only 30 minutes (for a new set or refill?) and it works with all systems. Wow, would I be interested in that. I am actually thinking of selling my salon because I don't earn enough net and can't pay my girls more and the main problem is "time spent per customer". God bless the nail geek for spreading the word and how can I have access to this tutorial (I am in Switzerland). Thanks in advance, Finkie:hug:

Ok, so I officially take this as a huge slap on my rsi'd wrist from Geeg :eek::lol:!! I was unaware this could be used on rebalances as well as full sets and I think this proves a HUGE point and that is you should never underestimate something that you know naff all about, me included!!!

So, come on girls and guys, we know it's got to be great otherwise Geeg would have nothing to do with it. Plus, if we can do full sets AND rebalances in 20 mins (after lots of practice I think!!) I'm certainly not saying no!!!

The last few posts are the kind we want to see on this thread nice and positive:)
We has techs should be so excited about this new method, The industry is moving forward like every other industry come on guys its 2007 open your minds and embrace this new development :)

This thread is probably in the running as the nail geeks longest thread!! This only goes to prove the point that .....

We NEED something new and exciting in the nail industry. This is it!

I see tremendous opportunities for many many nail technicians to be more commercial in their businesses. Isn't that why we are all in business? If not then you are just doing nails as a hobby!

I see a chance to up the level of service to the customer. Yes, lets face it, we moan and complain all the time about BAD nail technicians who give the good ones a bad rep! This is a chance to really enhance the quality of work for thousands of techs which will be good for the whole industry.

There's a saying I've always liked and it is this.

If all you do is to keep doing what you are doing, then you will only get what you've already got!!

I could say allot more, but I will save it for the week of the 26th. :lol:

Maybe this has already been asked but I missed it - but is this new technique coming to Australia soon - or is anyone here teaching it or demonstrating it yet?

Yes i would like to know if this new technique is coming to Australia also?!

So I think it goes without saying, those that can get to leeds will definitely do so, and no doubt it will be well worth the trip!

This leads to all of the rest of us who absolutely can't go, what next?
I know many of the techs on here are from the area, and so many of you can go to this. But sooo many of us are international or otherwise unable to attend this event.

Obviously, no detailed information about the technique will be given before the demo. So here's what I am hoping!

--Afterward there will be a complete description and perhaps and online demo available, which is demonstrated PROPERLY
--A source to buy the product internationally
(I can't imagine why the two above would not be available--it would only benefit all techs and also boost sales as well.)

Afterall, if it is revolutionary, I would hope it would be widely available for techs to learn and use. Well Geeg, I am not sure if the above questions will be answered until after the demo, but I hope you do keep the international community in the "loop" at some point.
After many years of the NSS dominating every corner, We sooo need a new way to re-introduce the world to properly done nails, at an enticing speed!!
So for all of you going to leeds, have a wonderful time and share your experiences with the rest of us, please. Because this is a large international community, and the rest of us will be waiting to find out "the next thing" on the "next big thing!"

Just wanted to totally agree with you Sarahdae. I would hope too that there will be online photo's/video of the technique and detailed instructions/trouble shooting.

Personally I can't wait to give the new technique a go, it can only benefit my business.

I just don't want those of us who can't make it to Leeds to be left behind too much!:)

20 Minutes for infills!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Im getting giggly. I am going through a depression at the mo and tbh I am fed up of doing l&p the traditional way (I want to give them up completely as infills are doing me right in)

Might not be able to make it down sadly.

Someone have the camcorder on please!!!

Latest posts

Back