the no show ladies, what to say?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenniferlouise

Reaction score
another one today....i have been told to phone the ladies that do not turn up for appointments, how can i word it politely ?.

they may have the day mixed up but i dont want them turning up the next day when i am half way thro treatment on another client.

any thoughts please x

hi,
yea it is best to ring them to see why they missed their appointment! i just say, hi i had you down for an appointment today at (whatever time it was) and usually they come up with thier excuse! then just say you didn't want them turning up at another time when you can't fit them in. also if your waiting for them and their late i usually wait 20 minutes max then ring them and see where they are, if there arn't in i leave a message.

where abouts are you in lincoln? i'm moving there soon! :green:

hth
jenna x

If one of my clients doesn't turn up I save their number in their phone under my Prepay contact. Anyone call to make an appointment who is in that list must pre-pay for their appoinemtns if they want to book.

Mat

thank you for the replies. i am really embarrassed to phone, but i will have to get braver....neither could i charge in advance .

This is my pet "HATE" :mad: clients not turning up or not giving me at least 24 hours notice if they are cancelling it drives me crazy! I have heard all the excuses in the world ha ha, I always ring if someone doesn't turn up, and be as polite as possible, even though you are biting your lip! I usually give people 3 chances if after the third time I just don't contact them and they don't get back in! If you take deposits that really helps because they always turn up then as they wouldn't like to loose their money.

At the end of the day these clients lose us money! Why should you be worried to call them? I will call them and say ' Did you realise you had an appointment booked today?' I will fill out their consultation form and write NO SHOW and highlight it. Next time they sign it they will see it. People may think it's rude but this hardly ever happens to me now as it's one thing I cannot stand!!!
xxx

i take deposites but sometimes they still dont come!!!! i phone clients after 15 mins, ive heard it all, i rang a client on her home phone to see where she was and she told me she was sitting in traffic.... so i said what in your living room? i just phoned u at home! and she hung up! i do send invoices for missed apps but do not receive money very often!

another one today....i have been told to phone the ladies that do not turn up for appointments, how can i word it politely ?.

they may have the day mixed up but i dont want them turning up the next day when i am half way thro treatment on another client.

any thoughts please x

Maybe you could call your appts. the day before as a reminder. Then if they don't show up, there is no excuse.

I love fozzyo's idea about pre-pay. :)

If a client lets me down at the last minute with a genuine reason, I put it down to a casualty of the job I am in. However, for those that are persistant at booking appointments in advance only to try to reschedule at the last minute, I stop taking bookings for them - I explain to them that I cannot risk letting other regular clients miss the option of that slot and that it is best that they just call on the morning they are sure they are available and hopefully I will be able to accommodate them.

They soon stop cancelling!:wink2:

Latest posts

Back