Therapist stealing....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smooth

Reaction score
Did anyone see the article in a magazine (sorry can't remember what it was but probably chat as it was in a hospital waiting room) about a beauty therapist called Kate (I think). One particular client of hers was suffering from a terminal illness, she noticed £100 had been taken by Kate from her account one day and when it was questioned Kate said there was an error and refunded it.

It turns out that the client had given her card details over including security code as Kate's PDQ machine wasn't working, the client normally paid her in cash and infrequently used her card. When she was talking to a friend the same had happened to her. They checked their account and around £8000 had been taken from the lady with terminal illness.

They informed the police and an investigation ensued, to which it was found out that she had stolen 1.2 million pounds from her clients!! She was given 7 years in prison.

What would make someone do that in the first place and how much do you think she was taking each day as a result? It didn't say how many years she had been doing it for just detailed her lifestyle. There was a picture of her and it looked like butter wouldn't melt. The lady died during the investigation and her husband made sure the complaint continued to a satisfactory conclusion.

Not surprised given how many therapists have theived off me in the past!!

Dreadful for the poor family to have to deal with though. Some people have no shame.

Thats so awful, what the hell is wrong with some people! I can understand people are really struggling in life with money but its no excuse no matter what your situation. and when shes done that amount, shes obviously using some poor womans savings as a income for a luxury lifestyle! Id be furious if that was my nan -grrr

I don't understand how these people can live with themselves. There have been some cases where I live just recently, about carers stealing from their elderly clients. It's disgusting.

Unfortunately there are some really scummy folks around, in fact there are more than a few.:evil:

I believe in karma and the old adage what goes around comes around.

I'm completely shocked... That's absolutely ridiculous!! Some people clearly don't have any conscience at all!!

I wonder what the therapist had to say for herself.

I hope this women gets her just deserts in prision as you can bet your life that if the inmates find out why she is in prision, she will need to be kept away from the main popualtion as they WILL give her a good hiding!!!!!

People like this make me sick, so people are so bloody evil. Good on the husband for seeinf the case through to it's end!. Just sad the women did not get to see justice before she died.

Latest posts

Back