They were right - it doesn't get any better than this!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caroleloftus

Reaction score
I just wanted to share my exciting news with you all...

I have joined the Cuticles Mobile scheme and it is the best decision I have ever made! For those of you who are unsure of what this is all about, go and have a look on Geekbay for more info.

Before Cuticles I was a Mobile Nail Tech working under my own name, with no brand, no logo, no support, and more importantly, no friends in the industry. Now I am a Cuticles Mobile Nail Technician, and I now have it all!!

I now have the Cuticles brand, Cuticles logo, local and national advertising, a team of friends who will help me and support me constantly and so much more. They have supplied me with a uniform, kit, flyers, business cards - you name it, I've got it!!

Cuticles have helped me to update my training and learn new things. I have just completed the Creative Foundation course and had the privilidge of having Amanda Revell as my tutor, which was a fantastic experience.

Now, instead of just offering clients Manicures and nail enhancements, I now offer manicures, pedicures, L & P Creative enchancements, waxing, eyelash and brow tinting, and soon to also offer St Tropez Tanning!!

It is such an exciting opportunity for me and I cannot wait for my business to take off so I can get out of my routine office job and do nails and beauty full time. This has only just started for me, and I already know that I have just made the best decision of my life!

Here's to Cuticles for having such a fantastic idea in the first place and also to the success of the scheme. If you are interested in joining, take a look at GeekBay and give Caroline a call!!

Sorry this has been quite a long-winded posting - I just wanted to share my excitement with you all!

Funnily enough, I've just been looking at that advert!! I was going to call and ask for more information. What exactly are they looking for, and is there a catch?!

wow you sound so excited
good luck in your new venture and keep up that enthusiasmn(sp?)
:green: :) :lol:

Thanks for your reply and wishes Joanne.

And Anna, there is no catch! Cuticles are looking for Mobile Nail Techs to work with them on a franchise scheme. They are the first people to do anything like this and that is why is it so exciting.

Instead of me writing it all down here, why don't you just give them a call and they will explain all to you. Go for it girl!!

ok, sounds great, how much does it cost? lol

do you have to be able to drive? as i dont drive yet! do you just work in your area or within so many miles of where you live

Actually, this does sound great and I may be joining the bandwagon aswell! I don't know much about the mobile franchise but I received the paperwork for the salon franchise and it does sound FAB!!!

Obviously, as with all franchises it will cost you, but with everything they are willing to offer it sounds well worth it! The best bit for me was the training that they offer and help all along the way, it sounds like they are not one of these companies who will set you up in business then dessert you!

How does the mobile franchise work then? What exactly do you get out of it besides the uniform and paperwork? I might be a bit thick but I don't understand how this would work?!?!

I have my meeting with Cuticles on Monday and I am really excited, I cant wait for Monday!!!!! Anyone who feels like Carole should give Caroline a call. I am hard pushed to find a downside at the moment. I am working for someone else, yet again, and am now thinking with the backing of Cuticles I can do this FOR ME and MY FAMILY. All of my hard work, effort and good training (that I have paid for) should be benefiting us not someone else.

I have found Caroline really helpful and would say call her, what have you got to loose???????
Love Six Pints

Trudi, in reply to you, you do really need to be able to drive if you want to go mobile, otherwise you would need to cart all of your kit around with you on buses or in taxis!!(or hire a chauffeur if you are rich! LOL!) What if the bus was late? This wouldn't give you a very good reputation through your client base and it's word of mouth that really helps mobile nail technicians. However, you could offer services as a home salon and clients could come to you.
There are endless possibilities of what you can do once you are a competent nail technician, just see what some of the Geeks on here are up to!

Trudi said:
do you have to be able to drive? as i dont drive yet! do you just work in your area or within so many miles of where you live
Trudi - sweetheart - I don't mean to sound codescending in any way - truly I don't, but babe - to be 'MOBILE' of course you need to drive... otherwise you are in for a really tough time - buses, taxis etc - forget it!!! Get your liscence - the moment I turned 17 I got mine - you become truly independant when you have wheels and there are some excellent deals on new and used cars!! Go for it... :smack:

I've sent Caroline an email 3 days ago, and I am still waiting for a reply. I used the email address given on Geekbay, is it the right one?

Hello Glitzy Girl, if you e mail Cuticles, the message goes into an address registered with the Geek board which is my address.I have loads of messages but these were all routed after I had left the office. I promise they will all be actioned if I have your full name, address and contact telephone number on Monday and will be sent out first class. If you pm your true name I can let you know if I have received your e mail. Sorry for any confusion but it is easier to hit the pm button rather than e mail. Thanks everyone for your interest.

Cathy

Hi Cathy,
Sorry but I'm really confused now. On looking at Geekbay, I saw the link to contact employer and that's where I sent the email, so who's got it I don't know. But I got your pm and the phone no needed so I'll try ringing instead of emails.

Aylin

G'Day..... I have to let you guys know that's Exactly what TEAM SPA EXPERIENCE/AUSTRALIA caters to . I also have the incentives for the girls! We feature & use onlty CND Professional Spa Products. Currently working on Web info. Here the novice girls have to be in Industry for total 1yr before they can obtain Creative Spa Certificates.I insist they complete basic Mani/Pedi Cert..Within 1mth otherwise they remain at the Spa Assistant.My 15yr old baby has just completed her Creative Spa[SOOOOOO proud of her!] We have been operating since Nov '03.My AVATAR is T/S/E Logo. A Flag is on the way.Our Club House is where we meet 'n' greet You guys, local charities etc.Keep an eye out we're on the way..............I hope to open the whole NAIL WORLD to them..Not a Big Ask there is so much support here. No need to feel flat any morexxxx Kind Regards Janice Hogan Owner/Operator. TEAM SPA EXPERIENCE AUSTRALIA

Hi JNail

For us in Oz can you let us know more, especially the new ones just starting out like me.

Kimi

I too would love to know more about this jnail as my husband and I have just sent off our emigration forms to move to oz.

Hi Samoyed
In reply to your question 'what exactly do you get out of it besides the uniform and paperwork?' - the uniform and paperwork is only a small percentage of the benefits offered by Cuticles - top training, preferential discounts, national advertising, regional workshops are but a few of the elements of the package available.
Caroline 07974 943 681

Hi,
I Rent My Salon And Do All Nails/ Beauty Myself, How If Any Way Could Cuticles Benefit Me ? Would Be Interested If You Have Any Outlets In The North-east

Hi, I have PM'd you.

Cathy

Hello

I am new to this forum and must say I wish I had found it sooner. There is so much info here about all sort of things.

I was told about it by Caroline at Cuticles. I had a meeting with her last Friday and and about to join the 'Cuticles Familiy'.

I was wondering how things are going for you, have you started yet? Have you done anymore courses yet.

I hope you don't think I'm being nosey.

I did the 4 day foundation course in May and have been working as a mobile nail tech this summer. I am looking forward to the support Cuticles offer, it's hard out there on your own.

I would appreciate any info you can give me.

Many thanks

Latest posts

Back