Things that annoy you in the hairdressing industry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh lord i rememember a little boy punched my hand away just as i went to chop his hair and i chopped my index finger instead. It bled for about 3 days. I have a little scar for the memory now!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1384724687653.jpg
    1384724687653.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 328
Im so glad my kids have always sat nicely for their hair cuts x
I really feel foe those of you who get nightmare kids in x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

....and then after all the grief (bruises, bloodshed and scars) we get, they moan that we charge too much for kids haircuts!! "But he's only 3 it won't take long" they say. It's only about £10 at my current salon and people complain, they have no idea how tough our job is at times!

Children who sit nicely are wonderful! I cut a lot of children's hair who love having it done and are really sweet, I wish they were all the same!!

I had a little boy in (about 8years old) in the salon I used to work in. His mam kicked off that I charged her £10, the price we charged at the time for 5-10yr olds. Apparently the 'Turkish bloke down the road does it for a fiver'. Erm... Why are you here then!! Absolute nightmare child too-
1. He didn't sit still and kept pushing his head towards me or jerking away (cut myself to bits!)
2. Had enough hair for about 3 people, it was thick, curly, and hadn't been brushed for about a week!

This resulted in me taking about an hour and 15 to cut it- total nightmare and made me late for the rest of the day. His mam was fully kicking off, screaming the place down! Sorry pet, if you can't control your child, I can't do a good haircut, and I'm definitely not giving you a discount!
Some people are nuts!

Haha! They really are!!! I hate it when they haven't brushed their kids hair, I spent half an hour last week combing through a kids birds nest hair and picking out bits of dried up food before I could actually start the haircut!!!

Gents that say "can I get a quick trim it only take 2mins" (would love to time 2mins then stop whether finished or not lol) and female clients who try to be helpful getting the gown on especially when it's the wrong one.

I am sickkkkkkkkkk of bold kids and parents who do not care!!! Letting them run mad :Scared:

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384786589.176959.jpg This really annoys me about hairdressing.....having to put up with mega sore, wrinkly old lady hands all the time!!!

-clients who are head sore
-The ones who keep reminding you they don't want ginger!
-price comparers

-stylists that don't skin test
-lazy stylists - lifting years worth of box cols with bleach highlights and 9% then putting a.1 toner on to even out red, orange and yellow tones, then sending the client out with multi coloured hair reminding them it's a work in progress it'll lift better next time

Oh and dirty salons I nosey in every salon I go past and some look scruffy

-clients who are head sore
-The ones who keep reminding you they don't want ginger!
-price comparers

-stylists that don't skin test
-lazy stylists - lifting years worth of box cols with bleach highlights and 9% then putting a.1 toner on to even out red, orange and yellow tones, then sending the client out with multi coloured hair reminding them it's a work in progress it'll lift better next time

I'm curious.. How do you lift years of box coloured hair?

What do you mean?

Just wondering how you lift up hair? You said lazy hairdressers lift with bleach and tone. This is what I do and I wouldn't consider myself lazy, nor do my client leave with multicoloured hair! Just curious if there's another way to do it, that's why I asked :) x

I'm a client and what really annoys me is unprofessional behaviour!

I've been in salons where it can be "cliquey". The stylist had her friend in for a colour and all the hairdressers were talking about their personal lives, I basically sat and had my hair done and was ignored.
Not being demanding or anything but I'm paying for a service and I'd quite like some customer service.

Just wondering how you lift up hair? You said lazy hairdressers lift with bleach and tone. This is what I do and I wouldn't consider myself lazy, nor do my client leave with multicoloured hair! Just curious if there's another way to do it, that's why I asked :) x

I meant they lift it uneven, put say a 9.1 over which tones the roots but doesn't touch the ends. So client ends up with bright blonde at the roots, but still has orange/red mid length and ends.

I meant they lift it uneven, put say a 9.1 over which tones the roots but doesn't touch the ends. So client ends up with bright blonde at the roots, but still has orange/red mid length and ends.

How does this make you a lazy hairdresser, colour removal is a lengthy process. Bleaching/stripping hair would probably need some sort of toning afterwards to even it out. I'm pretty sure a 9.1 wouldn't even touch the hair, if it is done correctly - it would need strand testing beforehand etc

How does this make you a lazy hairdresser, colour removal is a lengthy process. Bleaching/stripping hair would probably need some sort of toning afterwards to even it out. I'm pretty sure a 9.1 wouldn't even touch the hair, if it is done correctly - it would need strand testing beforehand etc

My point exactly. I know it's a process, but like you say strand tests should be done. A base 9 toner would tone the roots but do nothing for the ends. Instead of going in stages.

And the amount of men who say "oh an inch off all over" you do that finish 30 mins later and they say " oh actually last time it was a number two on the sides with a skin blend and then scissor cut on top, I wanted it like that"

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

if i had £1 for every gent to do that!! i would be rich! , then you get there wives in the next week saying "my husband was in ur salon a long time last week"

I'm a client and what really annoys me is unprofessional behaviour!

I've been in salons where it can be "cliquey". The stylist had her friend in for a colour and all the hairdressers were talking about their personal lives, I basically sat and had my hair done and was ignored.
Not being demanding or anything but I'm paying for a service and I'd quite like some customer service.

I have worked in a few salons where the staff are like this, I'm personally not, my client is my priority and if any conversations are happening between the staff id try and involve my client or ignore the conversation and focus on my client! You're right it's very unprofessional, cliquey behaviour makes me feel uncomfortable so wouldn't want to inflict that onto anyone especially my clients!

Latest posts

Back