Things to avoid when wearing eyelash extensions!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julesgems

Reaction score
Hi

Just thought I'd post this for all the lashers out there (who may or may not already know it)!

Had a client return for infills today with hardly any lashes left. She had only had a full set applied 3 weeks ago so I was a little mystified as to where they had all gone:confused: I have a few ladies return at 3 weeks for fills, but most last 4 weeks, one lasts 6 weeks!

Turns out she had been on holiday and applied sun oil all over her face everyday without thinking about her lashes!:eek: Understandably, they debonded and all fell out!

Why is it when we say all oils have to be avoided they don't understand :rolleyes:
and why on earth was she even putting sun oil on her face ? does she want to burn her face and look 90 and wrinkled just from one holiday,

oily make up removers
oily face washes
mascaras
eye creams (are not meant to be applied to the lash line)
foundation
eyeliner
moisturiser
cream eye shadows
touching the lashes with god knows what on their fingers
all of the above are just a few things that will transfer oil onto the lash extensions and damage the adhesive bond
hope you charged her full price Julie :hug:

I had a lady last week who needed a serious in fill as she had decided to ignore my advice on oil free make up remover because she couldnt be bothered to pay for a different one other than the one she normally uses! it was an expensive mistake!

I am considering trying to find a small travel size one and buying them in and including in the costs of the treatment (adding the price of them to the treatment cost).

tigi

I had a lady last week who needed a serious in fill as she had decided to ignore my advice on oil free make up remover because she couldnt be bothered to pay for a different one other than the one she normally uses! it was an expensive mistake!

I am considering trying to find a small travel size one and buying them in and including in the costs of the treatment (adding the price of them to the treatment cost).

tigi

Asda stock the travel size Simple oil free make up removers (3 for £2.00).:hug:

i have considered this too, also they do sell oil free sun cream and lotions, i had an infill last week and she was the same had been on holiday and left it nearly 4 weeks between appts, i was annoyed she only had the money for a regular infil but she ignored all advice, wore mascara and eye liner, plus other makeup, i did tell her i was thinking of charging £1 per lash at infil if my advice is ignored she promised to look after this set so we will see :)

For clients that don't (wont) splash out on oil free make up remover,
they can use some warm water with a few drops of baby shampoo mixed up and use a sponge eye shadow applicator carefully to clean the make up from around their eyes,
hth :hug:

ohh thank you jules and lou for that! very good advice!

Latest posts

Back