This guy is still making me feel strange!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimbers_81

Reaction score
Hiya

The ones who read my post the other week will prob remember this guy if not this is the story in a nutshell!

He calls asking for spray tan I book him in for following day he asks lots of questions which I answered all good! Texts to and fourth going on about thongs!!! Made me feel uneasy as found his texts a little bizarre but after posting the texts on here everyone said he just sounds nervous.

Anyway felt better about it, took my fiance with me did the spray tan all went ok. He since re-booked for this Monday coming text me a few days ok about it beating round the bush wanting a naked tan! Spoke to my fiance about it, we both ok with the idea (I'm really not bothered) so agreed to tanning him again and also naked was cool too.

He text back ah that's great your a star blah blah blah anyway hes just text me NOW at 10:10pm !!!! which for a start is inappropriate (forgot to switch my mobile off) have not replied! saying this ... Still looking forward to my spray tan on Monday. See u soon.

WTF!!! He sort of pesters and is needy I feel like hes not taking my business seriously..is he weird after all I'm beginning to think so. Why text me at this time and why tell me that!! Is he after a reaction.

Hes getting on my wick!

Advise needed again please girls and guys...

Kim x

Did your fiance go in with you last time? or just wait outside? It seems odd for him to text you at this time and an unnecessary message, as it is crossing the boundary between friend and client. If it was a woman texting this though it would just be seen as friendly, it's the timing that's most off. If you are still going to keep him as a client why not send him a text tomorrow saying something like.

This is a message from Bronzed Beauties confirming your appointment for a spray tan on "insert date" if you have any further inquiries please contact me between the hours of "insert times".

This makes it clear you are not his friend and sets boundaries for when he can contact you.

You can always cancel don't feel pressured into going. Just be honest and say you have thought it over and that actually you would not be comfortable doing the tan naked. It's hard to judge without knowing him whether he has ulterior motives but if he makes you feel uncomfortable you do not have to have him as a client. :hug:

The pictures on the home page of your website are very provocative-just a thought x

Last edited:
To be honest i get clients texting me at out of hours times...weekends and allsorts...its just something they do without thinking....if you only had a business line at a actual salon they wouldnt do it cos there wouldnt be anyone there...but they tend to think that its just a text so its ok.

It doesn't sound to creepy to me....but if you feel uncomfortable then maybe offering a male service is something you should reconsider...?

Sorry but he has overstepped the mark!
Texting at that time to make some trivial remark.
I would feel very uncomfortable do and personally wouldn't spray him!

I have had texts from clients at past 10pm saying "just to say i love my nails".... why is it odd....maybe they are just being nice and are not thinking about it in a professional way cos they ain't the professional...?

there are ways round this...you just dont text back and when you next see him just say "sorry i didnt reply but i dont reply to texts from clients outside business hours" this way you are making a point of saying HE is a client and YOU have business hours.

Hiya yeah my fiance went with me last time, he waited in the car. Parked just near the clients drive way.

Yeah I thinks it is weird texting me at this time with an appropriate and useless comment!! Likes hes bored or something and wants me to text him back!!!

Good advise will text tomorrow confirming appointment AGAIN last time he was the same all just making sure blah blah blah once your booked in your booked in!! I will give him opening times!

Thanks again for your advise.

Kim x :hug:

Bagpuss if your read my last post fully you might see where Im coming from but thanks for your thoughts too

if you feel at all uncomfortable you shouldnt do it - end of

anne xx

ps its not just wierd, its well wierd!!!

I edited my message and added a final line, I was being slow and other people have posted since then, it's just food for thought. :hug:

Good luck

I edited my message and added a final line, I was being slow and other people have posted since then, it's just food for thought. :hug:

Good luck

Just looked at your added line, and to be honest I agree, they are provocative. Are the pictures you or a model? I think you might be sending out the wrong message! jmho

anne xx

You think so!? I thought they were more arty and went well with the spray tanning.

Interesting though to hear what other people see.

Though Ive seen far more provocative! Hmmm

They are me, again didn't think they were...No more provocotive then the Tantrick image with the woman in a pink bikini!

Will have a think about that :confused:

Sometimes in the world of texting people don't consider the time so I could let that one go but yes - it was an unnecessary text and if you are feeling nervous about it then it just isn't worth doing the tan. But then again if you saw one of your female clients in the street and they said I can't wait for my tan tomorrow would you feel the same?

Maybe he was testing the water for both himself and you on the naked tan (perhaps seeing how he felt taking his clothes off and how you felt doing it - was he shy, timid or bold), only you know how comfortable he was when you sprayed him the last couple of times. If he just dropped everything and posed for you i'd seriously question his morals! If he was shy and retiring then I'd definately give him the benefit of the doubt lol

If you have any doubts as to his morals then I wouldn't keep the appointment with him - certainly not on your own

I agree with Weezie. I think the photo's on your site are of you-yes?
I know it shouldn't make any difference but i think if some men see you on your site then they could get the wrong idea.

Bagpuss if your read my last post fully you might see where Im coming from but thanks for your thoughts too

i have read it now and still think the same...you went and sprayed him and all was well....I have met loads of people who are just really friendly....and text you all time with a "we are friends" now theme when they are just clients....i never reply out of hours...and i stick to short replies.

If this was a woman asking these questions you wouldn't think it odd....

she asked if she could wear her own thong.....

she asked if she could have a naked spray......

she text me out of hours....

sounds fine....but cos its "he" at the start its sounds odd...:!:

if he makes you feel strange then don't do him...but i would also think about if i really wanted to do men full stop.

Well you look beautiful but as they are you then they may give the wrong impression, the tantrick ones are sexy but the woman has clearly got a bikini on and the guy is wearing jeans and it is not a business owner. It's more like look how sexy you can be with a tan rather than look how sexy I am with a tan :hug:

I find if someone doesn't want the lines you can just move the thong up and down to spray in the white bits, I don't think his thingy would take the tan anyway and why would you need it to!!!!!

Last edited:
I've read everyones replies and can see everyones point so thanks so much for all your opinions and advise.

Only thing I would like to say though is to Weezie on your last reply there you said as the pictures are me it could give the client the wrong impression! Which upto a certain extent I do actually agree with you as I don't want that!

BUT when a client rings for an appointment they can't see me at the other end of the phone. They don't know its my picture on the front of my website! So how does me booking them in and offering spray tan advise etc give them the wrong impression if they dont know what I do or don't look like! :confused:

Kim x:hug:

Lots of clients tend to think that texting is ok regardless of the time and like to send irrelevant little messages. Its just something you've gotta get used to. Either ignore outside hours or get a seperate work phone.

I did read your other post and understand about guys seeming weird. You've tanned men before, so this doesn't seem to be a case of nerves. I would go with your gut instinct and dump this client. Obviously he's bugging you and its playing on your mind so i think you would feel better if he just went away.

Good luck babes xx

How does your partner feel about it, have to talked it over with him to see if he would be happy to go along again?

I've read everyones replies and can see everyones point so thanks so much for all your opinions and advise.

Only thing I would like to say though is to Weezie on your last reply there you said as the pictures are me it could give the client the wrong impression! Which up to a certain extent I do actually agree with you as I don't want that!

BUT when a client rings for an appointment they can't see me at the other end of the phone. They don't know its my picture on the front of my website! So how does me booking them in and offering spray tan advise etc give them the wrong impression if they dont know what I do or don't look like! :confused:

Kim x:hug:

I suppose I mean they see the sexy pics and think ohh having a tan could be sexy then you turn up and they think ooh she was the sexy girl and she's obviously not shy about showing her body. I'm not saying that that's your fault it's just how it could be. :hug:

I would not feel happy with my clients seeing me like that but it's all down to how you feel. I'm not saying I'm right or you're wrong it's just my thoughts. :hug: Maybe it's not so much the top picture but the bottom one where you're leaning forward, but I can still see a lot of boob in the top one! ;)

I'm sure you're nothing but professional and I can see you have put a lot of thought into your website which is great by the way.

Latest posts

Back