Thought for the Week!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geeg

Judge Gigi-Honorary Geek
Reaction score

When some try to put you or your work down .. remember!!

Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.
-Eleanor Roosevelt-

A great quote, however it is me that puts my work down, so I guess I need to stop giving myself permission :irked:

NOBODY includes YOU. x

-Eleanor Roosevelt-

Love this one - so true:)

This sounds like a great new regular slot - great quote.

this is a great quote...and so true!
whenever someone has made me feel bad i always think about it afterwards and usually i'm partly responsible for them making me feel bad.

-Eleanor Roosevelt-

So true!

Nice quote Gigi, I will remember this one the next time my ex mother in law decides to get her claws out.

I agree we should have a Geek quote of the day every day.

Nice quote Gigi, I will remember this one the next time my ex mother in law decides to get her claws out.

I agree we should have a Geek quote of the day every day.

Ah .... lets make it the WEEK ... Thought for the WEEK. I'll try. All donations accepted.

My daughter's school produces a newsletter every friday.. on top of the letter there is always a speech bubble with a quote inside.. they call it 'thought for the week'...

last week the quote was ' everyone remembers the kind things that others do'...

Some of the quotes are a bit childish and unreal - like last weeks - but the some of them really makes me think even as an adult.....

a quote of the week will be brilliant....

FANTASTIC QUOTE!

I think it's a great idea, to have thought-inspired quotes every week!

PS: maybe Sam can put them on the home page in a banner or at the top of the forums page or something, to get everyone's attention? As opposed to sitting in a forum, getting lost sometimes?
Just an idea.

FANTASTIC QUOTE!

I think it's a great idea, to have thought-inspired quotes every week!

PS: maybe Sam can put them on the home page in a banner or at the top of the forums page or something, to get everyone's attention? As opposed to sitting in a forum, getting lost sometimes?
Just an idea.

wow now if that was possible it would be fab, but even so ill subscribe to the thread and check it each week, sometimes these little quotes you hear, just make you think a little dont they

nice one geeg xxxxxx:)

Think time to dig this thread up.

Quote:

'One man tells a lie, a million men tells the truth' - Chinese proverb

This means that when something is told by the power of only one man, everyone doesnt believe it. But if a million men came along and said the exact same thing, then it encourages people to think its the truth.

A prime example of this is the media, how many times do we think something is true purely because there are manyof them and they tell us so..?

Last edited:
Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work so most people do not recognise them

Belief is the ignition switch that gets you off the launching pad !

Here's another. Its simple.

'If you can think it in your head, then you can hold it in your hands' - Samantha Sweet..!!

I stole this from sam's profile..!! Excellent quote I think... :D

Here's another. Its simple.

'If you can think it in your head, then you can hold it in your hands' - Samantha Sweet..!!

I stole this from sam's profile..!! Excellent quote I think... :D

Yes I love that one too Flower... I think it was Prentice Malford (and have probably spelled his name wrong completely).... but IT IS TRUE FOR SURE!! :hug:

I'm not too keen on this quote.......I'd never get any work done....lol.
David

Love all these quotes!!! They actually give ye alot of inspriration and encouragement to be a stronger person not only in your work!!! Plus i love all they wee sayings so thanx for sharing them on here!!! xxx

There is no telling how far you will have to run while chasing a dream.....Unknown

Latest posts

Back