Thoughts on CND Master Painter?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PixieBeauty

Reaction score
Hi I was just after some geeks' experiences or opinions of the Master Painter. I enjoyed Polished Nail & picked up a lot of tips from it but am saving for the MP and wondered what ppl thought - is it worth it?

Did it improve your skills, has it impressed/attracted clients being a 'Master'?

Thanks - just planning how to reinvest my money! Xx

Anyone? Bump a bump bump...

Sorry, not done the course but I'm waiting to hear back from ellisons as to when they will be having dates for the polished nail, and then I'm moving on to the master painter so would like to know also.

I think it would set you apart from the other techs in your area if they haven't done it and it anything you would get another lovely cert to show off! X

Hi I did the course a few months back. I find it has helped me with what colours will suit what skin tone and how to mix colours which is good with having the additives now.

I don't know that it has attracted customers but a few of mines say the think im an expert in the shellac *blush* and because I'm really good with colour theory :). All down to the course really. And picked up some good tips along the way.

I haven't done it yet, but it's booked for October!

I can't wait :D

I've been sat thinking about this post and what to write for a bit. When I first enquired what was required to complete this course I was told I had to do shellac, nail painter and spa courses then I was told different and that my mani and pedi course I'd done five years ago sufficed for spa and shellac nail art was okay so I only had to do nail painter which I paid and did. I then booked to do the master course. Now to me if your doing a master course then the tutors are lookin to see what you have learnt on the other courses and what you can pass on and what sets you aside from other technicians. When I did my course they went over what I'd done on the nail painter and shellac course and also when another student asked about shellac art they showed her how to do it. Some of the student were struggling doing a French polish and I then found out some of the others on the course hadn't even done all the other courses they told me I had to do. Like I said earlier I thought a master course would be to see what we knew and not to teach us something I'd already been taught on two other courses and they really need to decide which courses need to have been done to qualify you for the masters if you havent done em you shouldn't be going on a masters course and askin to be shown basic nail art and such.

Thanks everyone!

I have read on Manchester's Creative fb page that you can get onto MP without the shellac class and I think it's different prerequisites according to people I've spoken to. I really am not sure whether it's worth it, or if I'd just be paying to say I'm a master!

Thanks everyone!

I have read on Manchester's Creative fb page that you can get onto MP without the shellac class and I think it's different prerequisites according to people I've spoken to. I really am not sure whether it's worth it, or if I'd just be paying to say I'm a master!

don't know if it's a typo on your post, but you CAN'T get on MP at creative academy + Manchester without the Shellac class. Shellac Bring's them Back is a pre-requisite for the MP.

How do i know? Because I had to do the Shellac class yesterday in order to do the MP class on 24th Sept. It was that or do a one hour assessment session with an EA (classed as a one to one session) to see if you are proficient before the MP class.

Incidentally, the MP class has been altered, now CND have taken out of the class any time spent on colour & effects and they have added the equivalent time to spend on additives. There is no longer any kit involved in the class, and this is reflected in the class fee which has been reduced (almost by half)

HTHs xx

I did it and really enjoyed it, like lolly said you get a deeper understanding of the colour theroy. I did mine a few months back which was master painter in colour & effects and shellac. I have recently been told its now changed and you don't learn the colour & effects now but it has been replaced with the cnd additives instead and shellac instead. I don't mind this at all has I'm also booked onto the additives shellac, L&P and Brisa classes in the next few weeks x

I don't know why anyone would want to skimp out on the prerequisites to sit these master classes???? That would be like a chunk of knowledge missing just to save yourself a few quid then you wouldn't have a clue what your covering on the day of your masters.

It would be like doing one of these 1 day courses everyone moans about in acrylic nails and expecting to do a fab set of nails at the end of the day! Lol

I've been sat thinking about this post and what to write for a bit. When I first enquired what was required to complete this course I was told I had to do shellac, nail painter and spa courses then I was told different and that my mani and pedi course I'd done five years ago sufficed for spa and shellac nail art was okay so I only had to do nail painter which I paid and did. I then booked to do the master course. Now to me if your doing a master course then the tutors are lookin to see what you have learnt on the other courses and what you can pass on and what sets you aside from other technicians. When I did my course they went over what I'd done on the nail painter and shellac course and also when another student asked about shellac art they showed her how to do it. Some of the student were struggling doing a French polish and I then found out some of the others on the course hadn't even done all the other courses they told me I had to do. Like I said earlier I thought a master course would be to see what we knew and not to teach us something I'd already been taught on two other courses and they really need to decide which courses need to have been done to qualify you for the masters if you havent done em you shouldn't be going on a masters course and askin to be shown basic nail art and such.

How did you manage to do shellac nail styles class if you didn't do the shellac brings them back? I thought you had to do shellac brings them back first x

How did you manage to do shellac nail styles class if you didn't do the shellac brings them back? I thought you had to do shellac brings them back first x

That's what I was told and I was also told u had to have done the nail painter course before booking on the master course which I did but seems some got on without doin all the courses required.

All classes have to be booked through HQ so it is down to them that some are slipping through the net.

I have once known that there was a lady who had managed to book and sit a Brisa 1 day conversion class with no knowledge of nail enhancements whatsoever!

Hi I was just after some geeks' experiences or opinions of the Master Painter. I enjoyed Polished Nail & picked up a lot of tips from it but am saving for the MP and wondered what ppl thought - is it worth it?

Did it improve your skills, has it impressed/attracted clients being a 'Master'?

Thanks - just planning how to reinvest my money! Xx

I'd love to know more about what you thought of the Polished Nail? I've thought about doing that but wasn't sure.

don't know if it's a typo on your post, but you CAN'T get on MP at creative academy + Manchester without the Shellac class. Shellac Bring's them Back is a pre-requisite for the MP.

How do i know? Because I had to do the Shellac class yesterday in order to do the MP class on 24th Sept. It was that or do a one hour assessment session with an EA (classed as a one to one session) to see if you are proficient before the MP class.

Incidentally, the MP class has been altered, now CND have taken out of the class any time spent on colour & effects and they have added the equivalent time to spend on additives. There is no longer any kit involved in the class, and this is reflected in the class fee which has been reduced (almost by half)

HTHs xx

I didn't know it had been reduced in price (I'm happy without the kit as I have everything in it though!)

That certainly makes it more attainable. But yes it seems people have got onto different classes with/without the prerequisites.

I'd be more interested now the additives are here to do the MP.

As for the polished nail it was interesting to learn about the product chemistry, and to focus on French application & fixing smudges/mistakes. Certainly has helped my technique.

My solid colour painting technique, however, went out the window on the day!! I got myself in a right tangle over it but we has such a laugh on the day! X

There is something reassuring about strict regulations to getting onto courses. I would also like to do the MP, but would expect to have to do the Polished Nail first.

I'm also interested to hear what you thought about PN, Pixie.

All classes have to be booked through HQ so it is down to them that some are slipping through the net.

I have once known that there was a lady who had managed to book and sit a Brisa 1 day conversion class with no knowledge of nail enhancements whatsoever!

Haha omg she must have felt very out of her depth!!!

Haha omg she must have felt very out of her depth!!!

I don't know because I wasn't there, but my friend was and it was her that suffered that day due to the new girl needing extra working with x

Polished nail I thought was fab. Learnt a lot and picked up new techniques as well that course was well worth the money.

Can I ask where you find out about all the courses you have listed? I can only find the 'main' courses on the website? :o

Latest posts

Back