Threading kit and general chitchat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy-chick

Reaction score
I've just done my threading course and loving it.

I've got a kit together, just waiting for my thread to be delivered.

I've got

blusher brush
small scissors
eyebrow comb
brush off
mirror
hairclips
cotton pads

I'm waiting for my lavender oil to be delivered which will be used as an after threading product and am considering using either rosewater or witchazel as a cleanser.

Also, do you put your thread into a bag or something to keep it clean?

My thread comes in a little box - so I keep it in there. I then keep my entire threading kit in a storage box, with a lid on it to keep it all together.

The course was really good, but I haven't been able to practice as my fingers are a little bit blistered - just like breaking in a pair of shoes I guess!! lol

pazzy, get yourself some nail tech wrap and/or cotton gloves then if you are doing a lot of threading it protects your fingers. xx

The course was really good, but I haven't been able to practice as my fingers are a little bit blistered - just like breaking in a pair of shoes I guess!! lol

Hi,

Can i ask who you did the course with? I'm in the South East so do you know any down this way?

xx

yes it was a good day.

been practising on my leg with sewing cotton. won't get my thread until Tuesday.

I too put my thread back into the little box it comes in. :)

hippy-chick - do you have talc in your kit?

pazzy - At first my fingers were really sore too, but you are right it is like breaking in a pair of shoes - you soon get used to it & mine no longer get sore.

x:hug:x

yes I've just put it in, thanks for reminding me.

I've also got some cotton gloves, yesterday when practising with normal thread it made my fingers red.

When we bought the thread it didn't come in boxes.

hi guys just wonderd how ur holding the thread,theires a few ways of doing it,i personally hold one side of the thread between my teeth and wrap around the hand instead of tying a knot in the thread,saves time to for wen the thread brakes,if ur threading a lot this is the best way as ur fingers do get very sore,even with the cotton gloves.also b4 u start to thread wipe the brow/lip over with a cotton pad and a bit of talc x hope this helps

Yeah the course covered 4 different ways of doing threading but I'm not that keen on holding it in teeth tbh. But I guess everyone will have a different way of doing it.

xx

I put cold stones on too at the end.

Latest posts

Back