Threading versus waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mejulie30

Reaction score
I saw somebody earlier saying that with threading eyebrows you get a better shape and that it lasts longer too. What is the general opinion on this, as I only do waxing and I feel I do a good job in applying the wax generally anyway, as I tend to wax in a good shape and then I tweeze the final bits that need tweaking. So I'd like to know how threading could last longer. Surely shaping is due to your own natural flair and experience? What are your thoughts? :) xxx

I wax and thread.

Personally, I don't think either is better or worse than the other. It is just down to client preference.

Both are removing hair by the root so I never understand how one can last longer than the other?

The final look is dependent on the skill of the therapist, not the method used (In my opinion)

I also wax or thread first then finish by tweezing.

I wax and thread.

Both are removing hair by the root so I never understand how one can last longer than the other?

I completely agree...!! My clients like to tell me otherwise though, I have some who swear blind that threading lasts longer..! Who knows.

I too offer both, and find it's competely dependent on client preference. Some like that fact that waxing has it all over in a flash, others prefer the fact that threading doesn't involve product and doesn't interfere with the skin. Each to their own!!

Thank you both for your replies. It is always nice to hear others opinions. I really admire those that perform threading as I think it looks like such an art form :) xxx

Threading may seem to last longer as it can remove shorter hairs than waxing can. I do both and have no preference. Threading can give a more defined shape if you remove a few hairs above the eyebrows. Not suitable for every client though.

Hi, I don't offer waxing or threading myself ...yet....but I've had both for years, using lots and lots of different therapists (they keep coming and going in the salons!) and I personally don't find that one last longer than the other (I have mine done every 2 weeks), but I do find that threading gives you a far better shape than waxing does, although threading can be a bit painful (depending on time of month) and waxing is over quite quick so don't hurt nowhere near as much!!

I have friends that cannot stand the pain of threading and others (including myself on occasions) that are waxing then 'shape' using threading.

Now looking into HD brows though as always like to try new things....HTH

Threading is a great skill, but so was spinning yarn hundreds of years ago.

Why take five times longer to thread when you can wax? A lot of people find threading painful and all that getting your client to stretch the skin. You can create the same affect with wax and tweezers.

I find threading agonising and It irritates my skin.. Wax all the way

I did a threading course about 2 years ago. I hated it! It hurt my fingers like hell and the fact that I had to hold the cotton in my mouth, yuck.:eek: I wear lipstick too so it was ditch the lippy or ditch the threading. My lippy won. :lol:
I didn't like it at all. It's not my thing. But that's my personal opinion.
I can wax and pluck a brow shape to perfection. I'm good and fast at bothe.:biggrin:

I do both and I think it down to what the client likes, some of my client love threading some hate it, it dose hurt your hands at 1st doing it but you do get use to it, and I'm please that I did the course at least my clients can pick which they want threading or waxing. I use the hand technique not the mouth technique

I didn't have an option it was thread by mouth on the course I was on. I just found the whole thing a waste of my time and money. :mad:

I didn't have an option it was thread by mouth on the course I was on. I just found the whole thing a waste of my time and money. :mad:

I was like that at 1st but I think it was cause I couldn't get my hands right, at one point I was going to walk a away from the course, I'm please I didn't cause I love doing it now xxx

And I'm please I was train in the hand way not the mouth way xxx

Hey CassieWright1 i have just read this forum and wondered who you have been trained with if you wouldn't mind sharing as im interested in learning to thread with the hand technique. Although i find strip wax works wonders for achieving the perfect brow shape. :p

Hey CassieWright1 i have just read this forum and wondered who you have been trained with if you wouldn't mind sharing as im interested in learning to thread with the hand technique. Although i find strip wax works wonders for achieving the perfect brow shape. :p

It was with Newcastle college, it £79 xxx

I used to get threading done when I lived in London years ago and while I can't remember about longevity I do remember that it gave the best/cleanest shape though this may simply be down to the therapist just being awesome. And yes it hurt like hell!

I'm back in Australia now and threading is virtually unknown at least where I'm living anyhow :(

Latest posts

Back