Thuya Eyelash tinting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angellcake

Reaction score
Hi all

Please can anyone help me with regards to using Thuya eyelash tint or anyone who can offer any advice? Does anyone use the protection papers that come with this kit or do they use cotton pads instead? My tinting has been fine until the other day when the tint when through to the skin- :irked: i made sure that i used the protection cream underneath the protection paper so why did it go through and tint the skin? It hasn't happened to me before and I'm very worried about doing another tint in case it happens again!

Can anyone help me with this or give me any advice?

Many thanks.

Angellcake

I don't use this particular tinting kit but I have used the eye papers and I very quickly went back to cotton pads as I feel they are much better. This is personal preference though and you may find some peeps who swear by them, I am just not one of them.

Try them out for yourself on a few clients and then compare how you feel when you use these as against cotton pads. At the end of the day it is you who is using them and only you will know what works best for you.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

No i never use those protection papers only ever damp cotton wool discs cut into a half moon shape and separated.then smeared with vaseline.
Those paper things for one are the wrong shape someone would have to have circular eyes for them to fit and they wont stay down bloomin awful things.

I never use the papers either, I just use cotton pads. If you put a good layer of vaseline under the cotton pad you shouldn't have a problem with the tint getting onto the skin.

i also have never used this kit but as above i dont use the paper discs i use cotton pads,damp and cut in half

Also if i remember correctly there was a thread about this not that long ago try searching for things like
tinting
lashes
eye protecters

hope that helps a bit:)

we do use this kit at college and I have found it quite good, we are taught to use cotton discs cut in half moon and sererated and plenty of vaseline to the surrounding skin and underneath the cotton discs, just 1 point you mentioned...you mentioned the protection cream...is this the regenerating cream that comes with the kit? cos this cream is like a conditioning cream that you apply after the tint/perm and not to be used in place of the vaseline/petroleum jelly, sorry if you didn't mean this but I though I would just mention it:hug:

Hi I have this kit but I am changing to another brand. It may be that your mix was too wet and seeped through or maybe the protectors moved a bit. In any case I only use cotton discs as well as you can trim them to fit under the eye more closely and they are more absorbent.

Try not to worry too much about one off things - I had this recently where my C&E small waxing cartridge would not melt properly. The unit was certainly hot enough. I believe there must have been a fault with the wax - I have used this method for donkeys years and have never had this occur before. Really odd!!

I use the Thuya tinting papers as I must have got about a hundred when I bought the kit :eek:

I do like the shape of them compared to some of the other ones I have used but I agree they are quite thin, Ive never had a problem with tint sinking through but I always make sure I use plenty of protection cream (which I love!)

I probably wouldn't purchase anymore when I run out as I like cotton discs just as much.

As essentia mentioned it may have been that your mix was to wet, I try to have mine more like a moose.

I use this brand and have to say love the papers.
They are a good shape and fit in nicely,they do need to be well soaked before applying but apart from that no other problem.

As already said it could be your making your tint a bit to wet which will then cause it to seep through and on to the skin.:hug:

thanks for all the advice and comments - It could have been that this time the tint was too "wet", I didn't think of that. The papers are quite thin, perhaps I will try the cotton pads, I was taught using these but like Bombini said 100s came with the kit so i thought i'd use them.

I am not sure about the protection cream it doesn't say its regenerating cream and its more like vaseline than cream. I will check this.

Essentia, why are you changing to another brand, are you not happy with Thuya?

thanks again for all your help! :)

Angellcake x

Hi Angellcake Thuya is not the best tint I have ever used but I am changing as another brand (Refectocil) has lots more shades and therefore more colour combinations. Wanted to experiment more!! :)

Hi angelcake..

I use a couple of the thuya papers to make it a little thicker!!

Latest posts

Back