Tigi: A Star in the Making

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-Nails

Reaction score
Two months ago I wrote a post on here to say that I was giving up acrylics nails due to the fact that no matter what I was not gettingnthem right.

At 44 I refused to carry on doing something that upset me so much and something that I have literally spent hundreds of pounds on. At this point I got an offer from Tigi which was quite AMAZING. Basically she offered me a free days training at her beauty salon if I travelled up to Wales.

Well true to her word that day was today (I've just arrived back inEssex).

Myself and a fellow geek Fena was given a free days training by Tigi and she was possibly the nicest person I have ever met. I can't believe how she sorted out my problems and I came away completely renewed and excited about nails, ready now to improve and go another step forward.

So the moral of this story to all you newbies is RESEARCH in depth before you part with your hard earned cash who you are going to train with. One day to learn acrylic gel mani pedi etc is NOT a good course.

How your trainer teaches you is the key. They have to have passion, be willing to carry on helping you after the course is over. You need to be able to do further training with them.

I've been doing nails for 18 months and only today I really understand where I've been going wrong but NOW I CAN CHANGE IT.

Good luck to all you newbies and do your homework thoroughly before embarking on a nail career. Xxxxx

Well done you, i am glad you sorted you're teething problems out , and well done to Tigi too x

What a great post! I'm feeling the :Love:

It's so great to hear about 1 geek helping another. Well done to both of you.

Thank you girls.

I can't believe someone like Tigi could have done what she did for me and Fena.

My gratitude is to her is overwhelming. I'm going back in summer to do a gel course with her (this time paying her of course).

And one day when I'm really good I'm going to pay it forward to someone who felt like me. Xxxx

I remember your post :)
So glad it went well! There are some good people out there. Let us know how you get on with them xxx

That's lovely that someone offered to help and it's changed your view and helped you to carry on x

There really are some lovely people in this world :Love:

So glad it went well! There are some good people out there. Let us know how you get on with them xxx

Me too. That's so nice. Glad u had a good day and are feeling more confident! Good luck and well done tigi

Hi Hun

Please please keep going. Get some 121 training and if you don't understand something ASK YOUR TRAINER AGAIN TIL YOU DO.

I read your post and I know how you feel. Keep in touch xxxx

That's lovely that someone offered to help and it's changed your view and helped you to carry on x

There really are some lovely people in this world :Love:

Yes there are really xxxxx

What a really lovely thread.

I have the upmost respect for Tigi... She pays it forward and It's so lovely to know you appreciate her selfless deed and I'm thrilled to hear she has helped you so much and given you back your enthusiasm.

She'll be tickled pink when she sees this :)

I remember this post too - Such a lovely gesture and pleased you feel much more confident x

What a lovely thread, so glad u didn't give up! And what a fab person Tigi is!

What a really lovely thread.

I have the upmost respect for Tigi... She pays it forward and It's so lovely to know you appreciate her selfless deed and I'm thrilled to hear she has helped you so much and given you back your enthusiasm.

She'll be tickled pink when she sees this :)

I'm off to do three sets of infills today and all her help is buzzing round in my head. I've been awake since 5.30 with excitement despite being dog tired from a manic two day welsh round trip.

God only knows how Tigi keeps going like she does. Fena is still there and coming back tomorrow and I know she will add her gratitude to this thread.

It's a weird feeling when suddenly you understand how to do nails properly.

I was so caught up in doing a thin nail that I had taken it so far that all my clients were lifting or breaking because I had literally not put on any acrylic.

Tigi's filing technique showed me the ultimate strong but sleek nails.

Awesome lady is all I can say. Xxxxx

What a lovely thread, so glad u didn't give up! And what a fab person Tigi is!

Hi Miss LB

Thank you so much for your lovely comment I'm on a high this morning lol xxx

I remember this post too - Such a lovely gesture and pleased you feel much more confident x

Cheers Hun

Thank you so much. :Love:
Xx

I remember this too, so glad you went ahead and took up Tigi's offer! It's fantastic to see a post like this in Nail Geek, a refreshing change from the hum drum colour coat issues!

I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy inside with a renewed love for Salon Geek and it's fabulous devotees!

Kate x

I remember this too, so glad you went ahead and took up Tigi's offer! It's fantastic to see a post like this in Nail Geek, a refreshing change from the hum drum colour coat issues!

I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy inside with a renewed love for Salon Geek and it's fabulous devotees!

Kate x

Lol yep don't see so many acrylic posts at the moment do we.

I'm glad you feel fuzzy. Just got back from doing my clients pink n White infills and they looked sooo different.

She loved them saidmthey felt stronger and the tips were lovely and White where I had used enough product this time.

we shall see how they wear, when I got there she had broken 4 roll on next fortnight eh xxx

you sound like you're buzzing with excitement .. well done and best of luck.

Latest posts

Back