Tigi copyright, shall I move to them?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiatia22

Reaction score
what are your views on Tigi copyright, saw the rep today liked what i saw, but it's always a worry are they as good as they say they are. It's alot to open an account so want to make sure there great.x:D

We use them in my salon and they are fantastic! They smell great, look great and most importantly get results! We constantly have clients commenting on how nice they are and always end up buying them! Out selves are bare on a regular basis!!

what are your views on Tigi copyright, saw the rep today liked what i saw, but it's always a worry are they as good as they say they are. It's alot to open an account so want to make sure there great.x:D

Don't do it there rubbish I had them in my salon for a demo thought they were lovely tried it on my mum for grey coverage and all seemed fine untill she washed it and it came straight out and a regular client ha a vibrant red again was beautiful untill she washed it and it came straight out ! X

Don't do it there rubbish I had them in my salon for a demo thought they were lovely tried it on my mum for grey coverage and all seemed fine untill she washed it and it came straight out and a regular client ha a vibrant red again was beautiful untill she washed it and it came straight out ! X

Oh no! was so excited... have been left some colours to try, and get a training day to show the colour off, then i can decide if to go with them.so at least i havn't put my massive account in lol.Nearly fainted when i was told what the smallest ammount i could buy for first order.Gonna try the 6/0 on my hubby's hair over his grey and see what happens when he washes his hair, he's always my ginny pig,lol.x:|

tiatia lemme know how you get on playing wit the samples you got. i'll be sad if they suck :( x

tiatia lemme know how you get on playing wit the samples you got. i'll be sad if they suck :( x

I will let you know, so wanted the education book covering all colour n colour correction,lol. and all the education. x:Love:

I will let you know, so wanted the education book covering all colour n colour correction,lol. and all the education. x:Love:
would you mind pm'ing me the set up cost etc :p sorry to be a pest xxx

I'm so excited for when they launch it here at T&G! I started with Wella at Sassoon (awesome) and now TIGI. TIGI Colour is mediocre. we'll see how this works out ;)

I'm so excited for when they launch it here at T&G! I started with Wella at Sassoon (awesome) and now TIGI. TIGI Colour is mediocre. we'll see how this works out ;)

I do have to admit Sassoon colour is the bomb!! But I did have a few mis haps x

It's also a beeswax base like Paul Mitchell so all the models we done said it tingled and made them itchy x

It's also a beeswax base like Paul Mitchell so all the models we done said it tingled and made them itchy x

They are damn hard to squirt out with a beeswax base :( x

Haha I'm using Paul Mitchell colour at the moment and I love it! Find it easier to whisk with developer rather than mix with a brush as you'd be there all day!! Haha

Do you prefer Wella then? I use Kadus sister company to Wella (nearly the same i'm told) but i hate the reds /4 colour swatch bright copper end colour a very red copper. the /56 comes out a coppery red. i want it to look like the colour swatch lol. Got no real copper in the range.when cover 100% white hair was told to use 2 parts base to 1 part target colour ,but always looks too flat. Would you use 1 part of each?? or use /3 instead of base colour? many many thanks all geekys.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:Love:

Any more opinions??:Love:

To bump up the overtone you could use concentrates. I always had drama getting a real looking copper with wella until I started using the concentrates.

To bump up the overtone you could use concentrates. I always had drama getting a real looking copper with wella until I started using the concentrates.

thanks. i will try that.x:Love:

Oh dear. tried another copyright on white hair 20g 6/0 10g 5/0 But did use 15 vol as when i use 20 vol with my usual colour on this client it comes out a bit gingery.
The outcome was very ginger and not covered. Will it be because i used 15 not 20 vol as they instruct .

Understanding the base tone of Copyright might help with achieving your desired result. I am not familiar, but the /0's may have a warm base therefore giving you a ginger result.

Wipe some raw tint on white cotton wool, it will give you an indication of its base tone as it develops, this will then help you with formulation in future. Also, check the name of the colour e.g. Dark Blonde, light brown.
Companies give it a number for the level but as we all know each company is different, although the one thing that is a constant is the name. Dark blonde is always called dark blonde although it may be a 6 or a 7.

You may need to use a level darker in Copyright and add a cool shade to get the same end result you are used too. Paul Mitchell colour is very warm and we always had to compensate for it in formulating.

tigi claim there base shades are neutral, but i find them slightly warm, but never gingery. also i was told from the very start that tigi is lighter than most other colour houses. for example if someone was previously a 6 in wella u wud use 5 with tigi, and for grey coverage always go down one shade so if u want a 6 result use 5.
that was what i was taught when tigi creative was launched, so whether or not this goes for copywrite too im unsure. x

Latest posts

Back