TIGI- Tesco noooooo!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahpoppy24

Reaction score
Hi just read in the biz geek that tigi has been brought out and will be available on the high street-was wondering if you guys had heard this and if any of you know if its true.....xxxxxx

It's already in our open market- Fred Meyer the Equivalent of your Tesco has the full line, including the "new" S straightening line that is supposed to be salon exclusive.

yep, its a joke. tigi have been bought out by two guys who are now putting the range in the supermarkets. as a result our salon had changed ranges, which is gutting cos we love tigi.

I had heard about this while enquiring about the range to do at my salon not that long ago.
I went for Goldwell instead because as soon as the big supermarkets do Tigi (at lower prices) you wont sell any products to clients and it looses its exclusiveness to salons.

I had heard about this while enquiring about the range to do at my salon not that long ago.
I went for Goldwell instead because as soon as the big supermarkets do Tigi (at lower prices) you wont sell any products to clients and it looses its exclusiveness to salons.

I thought that Unilever had bought Tigi (or a portion thereof) out? Unilever is a massive consumer conglomerate so it's not a big shock. Regardless, TIGI have been slowly entering the consumer market with offerings in Boots, etc..

They sell tigi in tg hughes already and have seen them in other discounted shops before.

In the salon I work in we don't stock the whole range so it won't massively effect us but the other range we have is paul mitchell and that has started to find its way into high street shops (boots to name one)

What i found interesting was that Boots weren't buying the products directly from the UK distributor, they were buying it from another source even though the have been asked by PM not to sell the products apparently they can !!

when this does happen id love to know what you guys are going to stock instead - im mobile and was just going to start stocking it but if this happens I will have to use something else..... any ideas people xxxxx:cry:

Hi

Have spoken with 3 reps and one area manager, they all say Its not going to happen, its all just gossip talk????????

TT :rolleyes:

Hi

Have spoken with 3 reps and one area manager, they all say Its not going to happen, its all just gossip talk????????

TT :rolleyes:

They will say that though won't they!

I love tigi products and it will be such a shame to see it available to anyone:eek:

I had seen tigi at t j huges, other stylists told me it was old stock, tigi products with old packaging as they had update. but from what you all say here, sounds like thats not the case.
im glad i didnt go for it. but its a shame because its a lovely brand.

It’s been in Tk max and TJ for years:confused: usually old or damage stock so that's not relevant to the buyout of Tigi.

Will be interesting to see If It does happen.... At the minute I will continue to use It In my salon, It flies out my door so until It happens I've no reason not to continue to use and recommend It, However will be looking Into other ranges as back up.

Personally, if I was just setting up I would still buy Into Tigi/bedhead, maybe not the full range and certainly no vast quantities

TT :)

Latest posts

Back