Time issues - am I missing something? lol

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blend BEFORE putting the tip on the nail - not sure if you already do this but it saves loads of time :)

I can blend either before aplying the tip or while it's on nail in aprox the same time - my tutor tells me I'm good at blending - but I want to be able to avoid blending if at all possible with my clients as I'm a bit of a perfectionist and my speed suffers because of this.

I took over an hour yesterday blending (mostly before aplying tips) but on a few nails I ended up blending the tips right off. I should state that my client had severe bitten nails and I was applying tips to very little nail to begin with. I really wanted to give her a good set of blended in tips to encourage her to look after her nails and stop biting them.

She is the first person I've done blended tips on that I've not been happy with. I do blended tips every week in college and fly through them but as I said she is a sever biter and had very little nails to work with. I dont know if that is why I had trouble with blending in some of her tips but I'd like to think I will have an answer (maybe a product to help me) or another way of getting the same results if I got this problem again with paying cients.

Another time saving tip, ( if using tips), is to apply them, and dont cut and shape them, do it after your product is applied. The product is still supple enough to use your one tip cutters on, and just doing it once at the end is better than doing the shaping again twice.

Another time saving tip, ( if using tips), is to apply them, and dont cut and shape them, do it after your product is applied. The product is still supple enough to use your one tip cutters on, and just doing it once at the end is better than doing the shaping again twice.

Isn't it going to crack the gel if I try to cut the tip after it's cured and I'd not be able to cap the free edge either. Might work with L&P.

I've just ordered a tip blender to try out and see if that will help me speed at all.

Isn't it going to crack the gel if I try to cut the tip after it's cured and I'd not be able to cap the free edge either. Might work with L&P.

I've just ordered a tip blender to try out and see if that will help me speed at all.
I cut them before applying product but don't shape them, you're right, in my experience the product cracks cutting them afterwards :)

Thats what I thought too:confused: lol

you will have to let me know how the tip blender goes...even though i'm stll super keen to hear about the special way to apply the well less tips! xx

Yes, cut the tips after you have applied them, but dont faff around shaping them-do this after you have applied the product.
Also, steer clear of the tip blender-its basically acetone thinning the tip-it can cause severe over-exposure and pocket lifting. Use well-less tips, there is no need for blending and saves loads of time.

I find that using no tips at all saves you money and time.
I only do sculpting...
Do have several tips laying around for emergency's (can't think of any)
Sculpting is awsome yu can decide how the nail is gonna look when your busy doing them.
Also I find that my clients are more amazed by it and feels like your a true artist :green:

I find that using no tips at all saves you money and time.
I only do sculpting...
Do have several tips laying around for emergency's (can't think of any)
Sculpting is awsome yu can decide how the nail is gonna look when your busy doing them.
Also I find that my clients are more amazed by it and feels like your a true artist :green:

You cant sculpt a really badly bitten nail because you can not get the form under her free edge - my client that I've just tipped and blended had no free edge. To file or shape them was almost impossible as they were so bitten. I applied tips and these came aprox half way down her nail bed and so the blending was very hard.

I dont know if using any tips and not blending would work on this client as her tips wouldnt be applied with the curve in the correct place to create the smile line.

I need to know if the well less tips and no blending leave any line or if they dissapear totally under gel. I was thinking of maybe using the well less tips and using the curve as the smile line if there is a slight noticableness (<- is that even a word lol) under gels.

I see your point.
But here some people realy use sculpting espacialy on realy bad nail biters.
There are ways to ajust your forms propperly to make the correct nail.
And offcourse a realy bad nailbiter should have verry short nails at the beginning ;) so there is'nt allot of sculpting to do
I've placed them several times on free-edge-less people, didn't have problems cause the product will come together.
Allthough now i'm thinking of it I get realy bad nails from using tips on my nn.
It might be healthier for someone who has bad nails or damaged not to use glue

You cant sculpt a really badly bitten nail because you can not get the form under her free edge

You can :wink2: I only ever sculpt badly bitten nails, I use the form and put it level to what nail they do have, and basically create a nail for them. I find that if they are so badly bitten, and the hyponychium is raised in front of the nail place, I can't put a tip on as it will A. glue their skin and B. be pushed back up by the skin coming up in front on the hyponychium.

I would like to hear it too, Geeg :biggrin:

Last edited:
Geeg please share your 'special way' of applying the well less tips, I have just got them and am having trouble with the 'pointy' ends, they seem to stick up after I have laid the tip on the nail plate at a 45 degree angle like I used to do with my other tips (with a well area), I also felt I needed to blend them as there was a slight ridge, I use gel so it was noticable, even after all my coats, any advice much appreciated. :rolleyes:

I am in Australia at the moment so haven't been on the site in around 5 weeks!! Sorry I missed your question or I would have responded.

Well I use two tricks really when applying Performance tips. One is I hold the tip completely differently when applying it .. I find it very useful to grab the tip with my thumb and index finger ABOVE the tip and to squeeze it slightly to increase the c curve and then push it down onto the nail so that the curve of the tip is the same as the curve of the nail. I hold it in place for a few seconds until the adhesive has grabbed hold and then I take a pair of tweezers (the kind that are long and curved up at the ends) and I use the curved bit to pinch the corners slightly so that the pressure sets the 'ears of the tip well and truly onto the nail. Hope this helps.

You do not have to pre-blend Performance tips as that has been done for you. You do not have to remove shine as that has been done for you. You do not have to sculpt as the tips are thin and fine and give you instant form and a perfect canvas on which to work, which saves filing (always a bonus).

Latest posts

Back