Tip and dip...French look.. how to?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbee1

Reaction score
hi everyone, well basically i wondered if any of you guys know how to achieve a french look using tip and dip???
i usually just dip in clear powder with the resin, but is there away i could do white tips with pink in the other 2 zones?

as far as im aware u cant, which is why i dont use this method any more i like sculpting and wouldnt look back now.

Out of interest where abouts in northamptonshire are u?

Higham ferrers.

you may find learning l&p will help you too, 9/10 i do that only do tip and dip if someone requests it and after a few visits i get them onto the l&p and there is so much more you can do with it x

i did do a course in liquid and powder, however i am still perfecting it, i am struggling with the white smile line, and having problems with lifting.
so im doing the tip and dip until im better at l&p.
i know ultimately that l and p is better and you can do more stuff with it i.e glitter tips etc.

im unsure where to go from here, i did a set of l&p on my friend and it looked ok. there were ridges etc, so i wouldnt feel confident enough to do it on a paying client,hence the tip and dip system as i need to start earning money to payback my start up business costs.
i will introduce l&p once i feel confident enough with it.

any tips would be useful, i intend to use the nsi system, maybe a conversioncourse with them would be beneficial as i did my training with the edge.

You can either
A) use white tips
B) apply resin ONLY where the white will be, dip into white powder, dust off excess, then apply resin to entire surface and dip into clear powder.

HOWEVER with option B, you will NOT get a crisp smile line.

hth's

hi, thanks vhunter,
my main concern is when the natural nail grows when using a white tip, you usually see the free edge around the white tip..sorry about my useless explanation.
how would you deal with this? i have been practising my l&p tonight..trying to sculpt my smile line ontop of a natural tip, it looks ok, but not good enough to do on public. how long does it take to perfect this smile line.
i dont know what to offer to my ladies that want french white nails .

thanks

regrettably, those are the only ways to do it with tip-n-dip.
For maintaining a NICE/CRISP french with tip-n-dip, then either soak off and redo with new tips OR paint a crisp french.

The other method is 'shadowy' sort of. The line isn't very crisp.

sorry can't help more.

When i used to do it, i used to just paint the white on and apply a UV top coat that way then the line is crisp and wont wear off. only way i found i could do it x

Same as, I'll do them origianally with white tips then when infill is needed i'll paint the smile at the end. I only do one fill then soak off and re apply HTH x

Hi thanks everyone that does help loads. Has nyone tryed the backscratchers extreme tip and dip system? What do you think of it? I'm not sure whether to stick with the edge products or try backscratchers??

I use Backscratchers extreme system and I love it :green:

You can do forever french or glitter tips with this system by buying their fast forms. Apply a natural tip and then place the sticky form on the nail where the smile line starts (they're curved, kind of the same idea as the cheats french manicure sticker things), apply your resin on the tip overlapping the form, dip in white powder or glitter mix then resin again, remove the form and spray with glaze dryer. Then apply your resin and powder to the nail as normal. Nice crisp smiles all round.

I use Backscratchers extreme system and I love it :green:

You can do forever french or glitter tips with this system by buying their fast forms. Apply a natural tip and then place the sticky form on the nail where the smile line starts (they're curved, kind of the same idea as the cheats french manicure sticker things), apply your resin on the tip overlapping the form, dip in white powder or glitter mix then resin again, remove the form and spray with glaze dryer. Then apply your resin and powder to the nail as normal. Nice crisp smiles all round.

Hi Bracky I realise this is an old post so not sure if you will read this but, I use the backscratchers extreme system and I think its the best system around. I never did the official course in it I just learnt it in a salon and have done it ever since. could you explain how you do the glitter tips with extreme as im gettin more and more requests for them. Do you mix the powder with a glitter? if so how much and what glitter do you use. Thanx hope you ( or anyone) can help!! xx

I use backscratchers. Love it. I use white tips and clear or pink powder. I do glitter tips too but I l&p the tip with glitter and acrylic powder then dip the rest of the nail never had problems. Heres a couple of pictures.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1315487222.841724.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1315487222.841724.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 375
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1315487321.728031.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1315487321.728031.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 237

Latest posts

Back