Tip Application!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CatsClaws

Reaction score
I am so worried that this is going to sound like the most stupid question in the world!!! I have done a search but not found my answer.

I am not at all confident sculpting so have only ever used tips, but even after a year I still find myself going overboard with the glue. I have stuck myself to hands, tips, glue pots, paper towels and god knows what else.

So far I have been lucky and my clients have found it extremly amusing, however its not at all professional.

Basically, I put the glue onto the tip (after I have done all of the shaping to the well) and then drain any excess off onto my paper towel (which I then get stuck to my arm!!!) but, I do remember that my old Nail Technician use to always put a tiny amount of glue onto my nail and then applied the tip.

Is there a right or wrong way of doing this?
Does it matter that you apply the glue straight onto the nail rather than the tip?

Or, are both methods ok which means I am just too clumsy!!!!:irked:

try brush on adhesive. its a bit easier to control.

Do you use a brush on adhesive? If not then maybe you would get a more even application of adhesive with this. Just brush on as much as you need on the tip then apply to the natural nail. The same could be done with a nozzle adhesive.

When you apply your tip to the nail, do so in a way that will not give you air bubbles but will also squeeze any excess up the way(onto the natural nail), you can just wipe any excess away with a lint free pad.

hth:)

Oh yes, I just wouldn't be able to live without brush on adhesive. I just get a drop on glue everywhere lol x

brush on glue geat stuff, but you can still use to much if your not carefull wen appling the tip to the nail be carefull that your not holdin it to far back that the glue runs down the back of the tip. and thats when normaly your thumb and finger ends up with glue on then befor you know it your stuck to the tip and the client....

I have the same problem as you. I have suck my fingers on clients nails, nail trainers, tables etc. I have changed over to the brush on glue and it does help alot. I found you have more control on the amount of glue you get on tips rather than the glue you squeeze out of the nozzles.

Last edited:
Brush on adhesive or me too! I always brush on the tip, and the nail. HTH

I get on much better with brush on adhesive but must admit that since trying CND's Gelbond I've not used anything else. Might be worth a try. As its a gel consistency with a very fine nozzle its extremely easy to control too.

Latest posts

Back